tuscl

super friendly with good craic

blahblahblah23
>:( πŸ§šπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸΌ busy being a "psycho bitch" 🀣
Can someone translate this for me? I need to know what is good craic!?! And where can I get some?

9 comments

• PaulDrake
    β€’
    5 years ago
    You don't need any craic blah blah. You've already got amazing craic.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    5 years ago
    I need to visit Glasgow, Scotland someday so I can be surrounded by good craic.
  • jackslash
    β€’
    5 years ago
    I nominate that review for the Pulitzer Prize.

Craic (/krΓ¦k/ KRAK) or crack is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland.[1][2][3] It is often used with the definite article – the craic[1] – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?"). The word has an unusual history; the Scots and English crack was borrowed into Irish as craic in the mid-20th century and the Irish spelling was then reborrowed into English.[1] Under either spelling, the term has great cultural currency and significance in Ireland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craic
  • nicespice
    β€’
    5 years ago
    ^Ah. Good to know it’s a real word. Thanks jackslash
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    5 years ago
    It makes sense that the resident methhead here is super friendly with good craic...
  • MackTruck
    β€’
    5 years ago
    Bump
  • pensionking
    β€’
    5 years ago
    In Ireland, if a bar or club or party is described as having "good craic", it means that it has a fun atmosphere -- a good time can be had -- good vibes.

This urban slang has hopped the pond and is used in a colloquial fashion in America in this way.
  • Muddy
    β€’
    5 years ago
    ^^^Yeah I would say nobody uses the term over here
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion