Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

super friendly with good craic

blahblahblah23

>:( 🧚🏼‍♀️💃🏼 busy being a "psycho bitch" 🤣

7 yrs ago · 1 min read

Can someone translate this for me? I need to know what is good craic!?! And where can I get some?

Replies (9)Latest

Profile picture for Muddy
Muddy
•
Profile picture for PaulDrake
PaulDrake
•

You don't need any craic blah blah. You've already got amazing craic.

Profile picture for blahblahblah23
blahblahblah23
•

I need to visit Glasgow, Scotland someday so I can be surrounded by good craic.

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

I nominate that review for the Pulitzer Prize.

Craic (/kræk/ KRAK) or crack is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland.[1][2][3] It is often used with the definite article – the craic[1] – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?"). The word has an unusual history; the Scots and English crack was borrowed into Irish as craic in the mid-20th century and the Irish spelling was then reborrowed into English.[1] Under either spelling, the term has great cultural currency and significance in Ireland.

Profile picture for nicespice
nicespice
•

^Ah. Good to know it’s a real word. Thanks jackslash

Profile picture for blahblahblah23
blahblahblah23
•

It makes sense that the resident methhead here is super friendly with good craic...

Profile picture for MackTruck
MackTruck
•

Bump

Profile picture for pensionking
pensionking
•

In Ireland, if a bar or club or party is described as having "good craic", it means that it has a fun atmosphere -- a good time can be had -- good vibes.

This urban slang has hopped the pond and is used in a colloquial fashion in America in this way.

Profile picture for Muddy
Muddy
•

^^^Yeah I would say nobody uses the term over here

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement