tuscl

The True Allure of the Spice Islands

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
The “Spice Islands” refers to a group of islands in eastern Indonesia including Ambon, Halmahera, Buru, Seram, Tanimbar, Seram and Ternate. According to history, the Spice Islands became known to 16th century European merchants and traders who sent mariners on voyages to collect nutmeg, mace and cloves from the Spice Islands and return them to Europe.

The voyage between Europe and the Spice Islands was a long and arduous one. Many of the mariners never made it home.

It’s amazing that so many were willing to risk their lives on such long, treacherous voyages just to import some nutmeg, mace and cloves to European markets.

Don’t believe it! The stories about mariners risking their lives for nutmeg, mace and cloves are mostly bullshit.

I lived in that part of the world where the Spice Islands are found for a long time. In fact, I just returned from a vacation lasting a little more than three weeks in that area. Believe me, the true allure of the Spice Islands had nothing to do with nutmeg, mace and cloves. The true allure of the Spice Islands was (and still is) the delightful topical poontang found in great abundance in that part of the world. (https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1521 )

No sensible man is going to sail for months across thousands of miles of dangerous, unpredictable seas for a little nutmeg, mace or cloves. Hell, most guys won’t even make a 10 minute run to the grocery store for their wives to get some eggs and bread. But if you were a sailor in England in the 16th or 17th century and were faced with a choice of staying behind in a dank, cold place like England where the sun rarely shined and the women were built like Clydesdales and often had as many lice as they had freckles, or could instead escape to a magical place where the sun always shined and the women looked like this (https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1514 ), what the fuck would you do?

“Blimey, Matilda! It looks like we be running low on nutmeg! Methinks I’ll just pop over to the Spice Islands for some. If I survive the journey, God willing I shall be back in six to nine months!”

Yeah, right!

Often the sailors never returned. They were said to have been lost at sea or to have succumbed to strange new illnesses contracted in the Spice Islands.

Many of the sailors may simply have REFUSED to return to England.

Who can blame them? (https://www.tuscl.net/ photo.php?id=1512 ).

I was initially reluctant to come back to Texas after living in that magical region for so many years.

But when I did return to the Lone Star State,I brought home more than just a few suitcases full of nutmeg, mace and cloves. I brought home my third wife, my own Spice Island Girl who is now known as Mrs. Reverend Hornibastard and to our children as “Mama”.

https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1517

17 comments

• reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Broken link in the original post corrected -

https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1512
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Lovely pictures of lovely ladies. Thanks for sharing them, Rev.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    What's your web URL, please? I need a few pounds of nutmeg.

Or do I need to pound my nut into a Spice Island gal named Meg? :p

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Much nicer than the Asians I usually see around here.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Twentyfive -

“Much nicer than the Asians I usually see around here.”

Although I am partial to Asian women in general, I definitely prefer tropical Southeast Asian women over the lighter skinned northern Asians.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Herbtcat -

“Or do I need to pound my nut into a Spice Island gal named Meg?”

Great riposte!

You could probably order your nutmeg online from Amazon but you will definitely have more fun nutting in a Spice Island cutie named Meg!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Most of the Chinese and Japanese women one sees in SFlorida have asses and boobs shaped like a pancake it’s very rare that I find one that appeals to me, there was a Hawaiian bartender at one club that was pretty damn sexy though. If I saw more women like your showing I’d become a fan.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    A gorgeous group in those pix!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Not into Asians but do like dark-skin so those are sexy but I'd prefer they have bigger boobs - I'm more into the curvier type women vs slim
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    That 1st picture is awesome, miss the boat back to England awesome.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    all those pics... soooo nice!!!
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    Love your writing, Reverend.

Warning! Pictures are NSFW
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Looks like Paradise Reverend. Good shit.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Muddy9

Living over there turned my mind to mush, that’s for sure.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Whereas Indonesia is primarily Muslim, I’m just curious about the political climate in that isolated part of the world. I’ve been interested since reading an article regarding the size & diverse nature of this very large country. My daughter once visited Jakarta, flying there from Singapore. Some of the more “tourist destination” islands in Eastern Indonesia still sound as attractive as when Captain Cook first arrived in Hawaii being greeted by bare breasted beauties.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Gawker -

Indonesia is a fledgling democracy. The lag despotic regime (Suharto) fell in May 1998. I was there when that happened. Those were scary times.

Since then there have been free and open elections. Jokowi, an avowed reformer, just won re-election. His political opponent, a throwback to the Suharto era, appealed to the hard-right, tugging on nationalistic and conservative, even fanatical, religious fears and prejudices in a way that they would make our own fear-monger-in-Chief proud. Unlike voters in many countries around that have fallen for this scare and scape-goating crap, Indonesian voters bucked the trend and disbelieved the man who tried to stampede them. Given the low education levels in Indonesia, the results were surprising.

Although Indonesia is overwhelmingly Muslim, it is unlike the Muslim countries in the Middle East. It is surprisingly tolerant and open minded (especially in its bigger cities).

It’s a vast, complicated country bubbling with vast potential and serious problems. In many ways it is like USA was 120 years ago.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    1899... very primitive cars... electric, gas and steam vehicles on mostly dirt (and mud) roads... steam locomotive powered railroads was the fastest long distance travel. and birds and insects were the only thing that did ‘winged’ flight...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion