tuscl

Desploogination

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Some of you have commented on my occasional use of the word, “desploogination.”

First, in all honesty, I cannot claim to have coined the word. “Desploogination” is a term that has been around for millennia.

Its earliest use can be traced to Ancient Greece.

The first recorded use of the modern word, “desploogination,” is found in the writings of the ancient Greek philosopher, Pythagoras, in describing how he released his frustrations after long nights trying to perfect the theorem which today bears his name!

Although widespread use of the word “desploogination” occasionally lapsed (the term is never used in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales), it eventually sprang back into the common vernacular. The term had regained popularity in Shakespeare’s era and appears repeatedly in his early drafts of Romeo and Juliet (though the term was ultimately deleted from the final version at the insistence of his publisher). Shakespeare also uses the word “desploogination” in his play “Strumpets of the Cotswolds” which, sadly, only came out in paperback.

In our modern era the word, “desploogination” has again been popularized by luminaries such as Sigmund Freud, Pee Wee Herman, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump (before he lost his capacity to remember or pronounce polysyllabic words).

9 comments

• lotsoffun201
    5 years ago
    When I saw the topic, I was hoping for a recap of desploogination service. :^(
    Maybe next time ;^)
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I suppose it would be fair for me to claim credit for coining the term “desploogination service professional.”
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    This service needs to be on the menu of every strip club.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Warrior

“This service needs to be on the menu of every strip club.”

Desploogination is among the “off-menu” items offered at most strip clubs across the fruited plain.
  • So whats your favorite Asian. Dish ?

I love Thai curries omg
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Nicole

If by “favorite Asian dish” you are referring to cuisine, my ATF is Indian cuisine. No doubt about it!

If by “favorite Asian dish” you are referring to women, at the risk of sounding trite, I have to admit that my ATF has been, and still is, Mrs. Hornibastard.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Nicole

Although I’m confident you will be offended, I will point out that after I go out and eat Indian food Mrs. Hornibastard says my splooge acquires a vague curry flavor.

... just in case you’re interested.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^ mine prefers pineapple pizza flavor.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Aces thread!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion