tuscl

Day light saving time...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Apparently TUSCL has not recognized it being 3 week early this year. The time of my posts are all off by 1 hour...

9 comments

• parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Ah... The major concerns of our senior citizens.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    TUSCL looks right from here. It might be your computer. If you had to set your clock forward three weeks ago, you'll probably have to set it back again next weekend, then you'll be okay until October (or until you run a patch). If your computer adjusted its clock on its own, something else is wrong.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Yeah, same here, the post time for all my posts has been off by an hour ever since the time change. Thinking it might be ok after April 1st. If not, I can post messages that show up at an earlier posted time than other people even though it's later. I did change my pc time.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    TUSCL time stamps your posts the same relative to Greenwich Mean Time, regardless of how you've set your computer to display it. Unless you've installed a patch to switch to the new DST dates, your computer thinks you're on standard time until the old April "spring forward" date. Three weeks ago when you just set your computer's clock forward , you essentially made it think you're one time zone to the east.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Actually, my version of Windows XP Professional got the time right all by itself. It must have auto-updated to automatically change the automatic time-change so that it automatically did the right thing. Somehow. :P
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Yeah, any new computer you've bought or new operating system installed since the new DST act was passed a couple of years ago(?) should handle all the automatic stuff automatically.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Computer posting time reads correctly now. Just a temporary glitch. All we had to do was give it some time and the problem went away. :)
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    See that mister IgiveShadowUp, nothing to worry about. Those new fangled things called computers will not destroy the world after all. You can go back to worrying if your ATF will change your piss bag or not.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Who cares? I neve pay any attention to the time listed anyway. (Nor do I wear a watch, but that's another issue.) I did find it amusing, though, that my cel phone was about 8 hours late changing the time. Guess someone was asleep at the switch.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion