tuscl

OT: Question for the road-warriors

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
For those of you that constantly travel, do you have a backup cell phone with you on your trips?

If so - why?

46 comments

• doctorevil
    5 years ago
    No. If I did lose my phone, it would severely hamper my business trip, though. How would I get texts to confirm OTC with the strippers I meet? Maybe I should get a backup.
  • Corvus
    5 years ago
    Yes I do. Never mix business with strip club habits. At least technologically speaking.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    No I’m not a dumbass I’m not gonna lose my phone.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I never kept a backup phone, traveling or not. I never felt the need.

I don’t recall ever giving my phone number to a woman I didn’t know well and trust.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    I carry two phones. One issued by my company, and one personal I use for anything not-company related. I'm not married, no (traditional) GF and I live alone. So I don't have a problem getting NSFW texts or messages on my personal phone. I'll use the personal phone as a backup for the work phone, including having duplicate work apps on it. But I never give out my work phone or email for mongering use.

At many companies, especially tech co's, your work devices (phone, laptop, tablets) are controlled and actively monitored by the company's security group. So as we leaned from Ghost Busters: Don't mix the streams.

Finally, anyone, dumbass or not (with apologies to @Muddy9), can lose a phone. So I use different passwords and access controls on each one.

Last tip: I also have separate emails for work (provided by work), personal/friends, and mongering. Plus a Google Voice number for mongering. If a dancer goes bullshit on me and starts jamming me with messages, I can dump the email/phone number and move on.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    These days, well actually since 2015, you can wear a smartwatch that is a phone with its own sim and #, for backup or for hand free talking.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    No. Maybe I should. But I just don't want to have to keep up with two phones.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Although I don’t have a second phone, I do have a second Google Voice number I use only for club activities.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    What Warrior said.

I’ve “lost” my phone at Follies and Dancers in Indy for about 5 minutes, each time in the last six months. Not a good feeling. Both times related to juggling money, keys, a dark space and most importantly, tits and ass
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I still have a land line in addition to my cell phone. It is my primary phone contact. Only a few select friends and family have my cell number. Not even my doctors have it. So all of my spam goes to the answering machine on my land line. I have never had a spam call on my cell phone. Maybe I'm old fashioned but the cost is cheap to me. My cell phone is on my daughter's account and doesn't cost me anything.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I only have my iPhone. A few years ago I got back from the club and could not find my phone. Damn, I thought, some stripper or low life customer has my phone. I’ll never see it again. However, when I used the Find My Phone app on my iPad it showed the location of my house. I eventually found the phone in my car where it had fallen under the seat.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    No my team partner has a phone also so if one phone quits we will still have a phone till we get back home
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Reason I asked about a backup phone particularly for when on the road is b/c I was recently out of town and I would've had a very hard time getting around w/o my phone's GPS App - my hotel was a bit over 20-miles from the clubs I hit and I think I would've had a very-hard time getting back to my hotel w/o my phone being that I was completely unfamiliar w/ the area (and also getting around and finding many of the other places like restaurants, etc).

I currently don't have a car-charger and on my trip I was kinda stuck at a particular club bc I was waiting on my phone to charge so I could use it to get on the road - I kinda thought it would have been difficult getting-around if I would have lost my phone while being outta town or for some-reason it stopped-working/started-malfunctioning.

I have an old standalone Garmin-GPS but means having to take it w/ me which is not a huge-deal but ...

For a while I had a Tracfone prepay burner ph which only costed about $20 every 3-months to keep it connected w/ a certain amount of minutes and data; and thought maybe it'd be good to reactivate it and have it as a backup for my trips.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Papi: there’s still these things called maps, although they are hard to find nowadays.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Problem with the tracphone is the gps is unreliable at best, I’ve found the gps feature to be the most important app on my phone plus it stores addresses for me, I have my phone fully backed up and update the backup every night at midnight
    I also have my phone Locke after 2 minutes of inactivity and set to lockdown if 2 incorrect attempts are made the data will delete from the phone
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    My personal ph, as well as the Tracfone burner, are Androids - and I downloaded the Waze GPS app and use that which is pretty-good (although it seems to eat a lot of battery)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ".... Papi: there’s still these things called maps, although they are hard to find nowadays ..."

You really think I can be in the frame-of-mind to read a map when I'm LDKing to get to the brickhouses in the black-dive - c'mon mon
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Google maps works great and it’s free
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    FYI the Waze App is also free and warns you about red-light cameras; potholes on the road - disabled cars off to the side; nearest big-booty club w/ brickhouses, etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ also warns you about speed-traps
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Damn big booty clubs too, but the free version comes with a fuck ton of advertisements
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yeah - I think it does - doesn't really bother me
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    papi... if your cell phone has a USB type charging cord you can buy a cigarette lighter charger for under $10.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I just need to get a car-charger - I have an LG ph and ordered one from LG b/f my trip but they didn't have in stock at the time and my order is pending
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Amazon.com next day shipping is free if you’ve got prime
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yeah - but I wanted to get an LG vs a generic and seems to only be sold by LG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You should have made them throw it in when yo brought the phone
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Actually - I bought the phone from Amazon - LOL - but Amazon doesn't have an LG-brand car charger (more like generic knockoffs if I remember correctly)
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I lost my dam phone! How did I post this?
  • jester214
    5 years ago
    I used to have a work issued phone but found it more annoying than useful so I gave it up. Now just use my personal.
  • captanmellow
    5 years ago
    I have a trac phone as a spare. Just a flip phone to call and text only. It has saved me when the main phone decides to malfunction. Driving a truck cross country with no phone is not an option.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

I always had 2 phone, the business and the personal. Silly but the why is one was for business and the other personal.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I do not carry a spare phone, but I do carry an Atlas, a CB radio and my HAM Radio with me in my car. My reason may be different than most, I guess. The major worry in my travels is that my car breaks down or I get into an accident during my travels on the backroads where there is up to 90 minutes of zero cell phone service. I can find repeater towers that have some geek HAM Operator looking to speak.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    The generic USB chargers you can get at Walgreens or an online retailer are just fine and $10-15. I am guessing this is based on the review where you said you went to a strip club to charge your phone. If your phone is more than two years old, then the battery is not going to holding as much charge as it used to. Consider getting a new phone or putting a new battery in.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    I got two phones, one for the plug and one for the load.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @sinclair

Phone is about a year old and holds the charge fairly-well - I was using the Waze GPS app everywhere I went and it seems to really put a load on the battery to where the ph feels warm when the app is in use
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Google maps doesn’t burn as much battery as Waze especially the free app those ads and pop ups kill your battery life
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ is your name sinclair?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ? Huh
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ fucking with you old-man 😄

Going forward I need to get a car-charger and have the ph plugged-in if using Waze
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    That’s the best way another thing that I carry with me is a spare storage charger I have only the one phone and it’s often not convenient to plug in on job sites, but the spare plugin battery charger gets me through any rough spots, til I can access a cord
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ thanks sinclair

😄
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    two iPhones. My old one which is a beat up cracked 5C with cheap Mexican prepaid service telcel. i can use t mobile service in usa.
    my regular newer phone is for normal use in The land of the brave. verizon.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    No. I grew up during a time before GPS even existed, so I can get along without it if necessary, though I agree that it is convenient. Mapquest and Google Maps are helpful too if I am in the hotel before I go out.
    Besides, as long as there is a Verizon store close by, I can always replace my phone in short order - next morning at the latest.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I got accused of being a drug dealer because I have 2 phones
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Do people use Burner Phone, and does that give you more numbers, and do you give your primary to your strippers?

What does What's App do, some reason to use it with TJ girls?

What do these things cost?

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion