tuscl

Yesterday I Hiked the Mountain

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
I was unaccompanied.

It was a great hike.

No kids.

No Yuni. (https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…)

No naked bathing beauties.

No friendly locals inviting me into their homes for a cup of dysentery tea.

Just me, peace, solitude and nature.

I fed a lot of mosquitoes.

Out here in the middle of nowhere a long walk is the closest I can get to some quality “me time.”

I think the mountain I was hiking might be volcanic. There are lots of volcanoes around here. Halfway up I crossed a stream that was surprisingly hot.

Even though it’s not much of a mountain (just a big hill, really), the hike got me all tired and sweaty.

One thing for sure:

I’m getting too old for this.

4 comments

• FishHawk
    5 years ago
    I know how you feel. I walked around an old civil war era fort the other day with my son, daughter-in-law and my wife. Between the heat going up and down steep staircases I was exhausted by the time I got back to the ferry. My wife is eight years younger and my son almost 30 yrs younger.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I could enjoy walking around in the village but because I stick out like a sore thumb and have something like celebrity status among the locals, I can’t enjoy a QUIET walk unless I go walk out of the village, along the path that parallels the river, among the rice fields or on the mountain.

My favorite is the mountain but I can only do that once a day.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I really got excited when I saw the headline of this topic. Kinda disappointed with the contents though. Maybe you will get another chance at some alone time with Yuni.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @warrior -

A part of me would LOVE to have some alone time with Yuni.

You can probably guess which part.

But I know better. I’m on wife #3 and, unlike the first 2, I have a couple of children with my current wife.

My little boy has become paranoid recently because the parents of some of his close friends are getting divorced. He worries (for no good reason) that the same thing will happen to his parents.

It won’t.

My love for my kids is what really keeps me in line. I used to wander all the time, constantly cheating on my prior wives But I haven’t misbehaved (outside of a strip club) since my two low-center-of-gravity mooches came into my life.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion