tuscl

Yes, Abbie Normal is starting a thread about strip clubs!!

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Saturday, September 30, 2006 6:50 AM
Here's the scoop. I'm going to be going to a conference next spring in the Boston area. I thought of driving and combining it with a stripclub trip. I'd probably leave on a Friday after work (from Washington DC). I thought a good first night stop might be Philly. I'm interested in Show n Tel Showbar and Cheerleaders there, but I'm not set on it. I figured after a night in Philly I'd go through New Jersey and Connecticut, spending Saturday night in New Haven (I know the city, or at least used to). Sunday I'd be checking in for the conference and would be busy with that till Thursday (possibly I'd manage a weeknight trip in the Boston suburbs, but nothing major). Thursday night I could hit anything in the Boston area, then Friday would be Rhode Island (paging Yoda!). Saturday would be back through New Jersey, a night along the way if necessary arriving back in DC Sunday. OK guys, where should I hit along the route? Are there better clubs or hidden gems if I go up through the Pocono's or closer to the Jersey shore? Should I try Deleware? I've got months to plan, so any and all tips and suggestions are welcome.

24 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    Cat, you have to go to Illegal Seafood for the bearded chowda.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Yoda, I agree, but I was assuming that AN wasn't going to spend every waking minute in strip clubs. Of course I could be wrong. AN, be sure go to one of the Legal Seafood restaurants for some good clam chowda. Is the one on 16th street in DC still there? Or the one in Crystal City? (which is close to Crystal City Restaurant - I sometimes had dinner at Legal with my ATF before she went to work at CCR.)
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Yeah, I actually know someone who teaches at Pittsburg (Kansas) College. Aitch, no-aitch, 'ello c'ap.
  • large
    18 years ago
    Although you said contact is not improtant to you, it is to me and for that you can't do much better than the Playhouse which would be on your way in NJ, not too far from Philly.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    BG, put an "h" on the end of Pittsburgh, unless you're talking about the one in Kansas, we fought long and hard to get our "h" back. ([view link]) I still love good ol' Pittsburgh and would recomend living there to anyone, if they can find a job there. Admitedly I haven't searched there for jobs, but I recall the job market being rather grim unless you were a doctor. I have heard tell that some companies are moving to the area (the Rand corporation has a Pittsburgh office).
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Who said anything about Boston clubs being PC? They are just boring. I don't see how any club can be PC.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    PC in Boston? Naaaa ... :) I've been corresponding with people about the differences among cities and a couple of the primary ones that come to mind are San Francisco and Boston. Then I inevitably get the diatribe about how "here" isn't like "there" where you have to be PC about everything. Funny thing is, the "here" and the "there" switch, with everyone from San Francisco claiming that Boston is too PC, and everyone from Boston claiming that San Francisco is too PC. I'm just gunna move to Pittsburg. :)
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    AN, just bear in mind that if you go to the Cabaret the town where it is located is pronounced Pibiddy just like Worcester is prounounced Wooster and lobster is lobsta and car is caa etc. and wicked means good. And make sure that your PC sensitivity is firmly in place, it's a different world up there. But if you work in DC I'm sure you can handle it. Yoda, I doubt if she used the same name at both places anyway, she had a problem with a stalker and was very paranoid about maintaining her privacy.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Yoda, if you were a regular at Cabaret 15 or so years ago you probably know the girl I was referring to. When I knew her she was dancing under the name of Snuggles and was one of those girls who was very very graceful and feminine in her manner. Long blonde hair and a killer body, would have been early 20s then. She did a lot of traveling as a feature dancer and also did some modeling but wasn't quite tall enough (5'-7") to make it big. She was from Maine. I know more about her and will be happy to discuss via email if you're interested. Small world.
  • bigdawg_1
    18 years ago
    Abbie: I'd check out Delialah's Den in Philly. It was voted the best Gentlemans Club in the US. Not much contact with the lapdances though. Right down Columbus Blvd are Penns Port Pub, Club Risque on the Delaware, Show & Tell And Crazy Horse Too. Cheerleaders is also in the area as well but that is a Bikini Bar.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Peabody Ma. clubs are The Cabaret Lounge and the Golden Banana. The Banana is closed down. The Cabaret was my first regular hang-out for years but it's been fairly boring for the last ten years or so. It's about 20 minutes north of Boston so if you are staying in the area it might be worth a shot but I wouldn't drive out of my way...
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    OK then, and Canada only exists to piss me off.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Careful BG, now we're going to start trashing states and get all political!!
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I'll keep that in mind about Delaware. As I understand it, Rhode Island only exists for having the most licentious strip clubs within an easy drive of Boston; and lax corporate taxation laws so that people who really live in Utah or Missouri set their business mailing addresses up there instead. Mississippi, AFAIK, has no reason to exist. To make Idaho, West Virginia, and South Dakota feel a bit better about their poverty levels?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    AN, if you're going to be north of Boston, I used to know a dancer who had worked at the clubs in Peabody. She spoke highly of them but that was a long time ago. I've never been there but Yoda probably has. I could probably meet you somewhere if it's early afternoon. Club Risque in Bristol used to have a nice free lunch buffet but I haven't been there lately. BG, as for why Delaware exists, they probably have the nicest beaches north of the NC Outerbanks and staying there is half the price of staying anywhere near the NJ, NY or MA beaches. And they're a lot less crowded.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Yoda, Fair enough. I am looking for fun, contact or not. Thanks for the warning. I doubt I'll get into downtown for clubbing, may try to look up a friend or two. I'm likely to be staying in the northwest burbs of Boston so figured if there was something there even worth a look I could do that on a weeknight. Now, as for the RI clubs...
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    AN: I'm not talking about no contact, I'm talking about no fun. Mass clubs are minimal to no contact (unless you spring for VIP rooms) but the two I mentioned south of Boston are a lot of fun. Hey, it's your trip, Centerfolds and the Glass Slipper are located in Downtown Boston right across the street from each other. Check em' out if you want but don't say I didn't warn you....
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Yoda, you forget, I'm living in the DC area. No contact isn't a deal killer for me. I can enjoy a night with a few beers and a decent stage show. Also, I'll be a bit northwest of Boston, close enough to New Hampshire to think notching the belt there might be worth a side trip. If I'm in the neighborhood for a week, what the hell, try it for the experience I say. This is not to say I don't want all the details on the RI clubs...
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    AN: There is no place in Boston proper worth even considering...why do you think I go to RI? Alex's in Stoughton Mass and the Foxy Lady in Brockton Mass are both about 45 minutes south of Boston and are two of the only clubs in Mass worth bothering with.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    FONDL, if this does come off it'd be my pleasure to buy you a lapdance, or at least a cheesesteak and a Yuengling.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    My favorite Philly clubs aren't in the city at all, they're in the 'burbs. If you're coming up I-95 you will pass near my favorite, Club Risque in Bristol, and there are a couple of inexpensive motels nearby. Dangerous Curves is also nearby in north Philly. And you'll also be close to the Erotic Cafe and Playhouse Lounge in NJ. You could easily hit all four of those in one afternoon/evening. If I were doing it I'd take I-81 to I-84 going at least one of the directions. That route takes you very close to Pleasure Dome in White Haven and you miss all the NYC traffic. There are also a couple of other places that get good reviews in the Poconos which I've never been to. I'd do an overnight in that area either coming (no pun intended) or going - there's lots of motels around. Get good direction to the Dome, it's hard to find. Forget Delaware, there's nothing there. And John's Pizza on route 30 near Malvern has the best cheesesteaks. But if you've never been to Pat's or Gino's (they're practically right across the street from each other) you probably should - get one to go and eat it in the sports bar that sits between them, they have Yuengling on tap.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Now watch, all the comments will be on the best Bed & Breakfast in Rhode Island or who has the best cheesesteaks in Philly...
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Snuggles doesn't sound familiar. The Cab was a long time ago for me and I had favs back then as well. I've never paid much attention to the other girls in a club once I had favs. I may have seen her but it just didn't register with me. The Cabaret was always a nice friendly neighborhood type club. It probably still is but my interests are elsewhere now.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I always wondered how Delaware justified its existence ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion