tuscl

What was the longest hangover you ever had?

skibum609
Massachusetts
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:00 PM
For me it was the five days after my stag party. The goal of those attending was to get me to drink until I passed out. I cracked my first beer on the golf course at 10:00 a.m. and killed a rack; then it was 8 more at a restaurant; a few in the car on the way to the dog track and I soloed 2 bottles of wine at the dog track. It was then time for strippers and I would love to say I recall how much I drank, but if I did I would also probably recall my long conversationwith Roger Clemens. Club closed at 1; then it was beers in the car on the way home until at 3:10 a.m.when I lost consciousness. People claimed it was 6 beers and the same number of shots at the bar and I have no idea. I do know that I left the house with $20 and woke up with $987.00, apparently hitting two trifectas at the track. After 5 days the hangover was gone and I came down with bronchitis. Now if I drink 4 beers I feel like shit the next day. Getting old is weird. What was your worst hangover?

46 comments

• reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I was hung over during almost all of Reagan’s second term.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    "stag party" lol I have never had a hangover that lasted longer than the next day, and in fact not many that lasted past mid-afternoon the next day.
  • Wow . How childish.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Since 1/20/2017 ;)
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    "For me it was the five days after my stag party" __________ Pretty much explains the brain damage...
  • -me
    5 years ago
    Does getting dehydrated from drinking and having heat stroke count? If so, probably about a week. Otherwise, not more than a day or two
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Its ok to be jealous of me Random; I mean I am jealous of me too. Child like, not childish. Fucking good times.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Nothing good ever comes from alcohol, or from marijuana either. SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Smoked weed about 95% of the days since 1975 and always drank too much. Kind of funny that not only did I succeed in every aspect of life, but I look much much younger than my actual age too. I guess people who don't party get old quickly due to lack of joy in their heart, mind and soul.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Nothing good ever comes from alcohol, or from marijuana either. SJG Alabama Passes Near Total Ban on Abortion as Part of “Stealth Campaign” to Overturn Roe v. Wade [view link] Georgia State Senator Jen Jordan (D) dissenting [view link] King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man - 2015 live [view link] 21st Century Schizoid Man / Alterd States [view link] King Crimson Epitaph Best Version -- Greg Lake sings [view link] Rainbow - Street Of Dreams [view link]
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Good news that Alabama is doing the right thing. You like a lot of pompous silly music. Greg lake lol.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I'm feeling ok by lunchtime the next day and more or less fully recovered by 5:00 PM. I can also limp along after an hour or so of water, greasy food and strong coffee. Real men learn how to gut through a hangover. ;) Of course, it's been a very long time since I completely lost control and got obliviously hammered. Real men also learn how to handle their liquor. ☺
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ELP is pompous music, but I still like to listen to it sometimes. And they aren't alone in their pomposity. A woman should have the right to decide what she does with her own body. SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I have never had a hangover. People tell me they suck. Thus, I do not want one.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    A fetus cvapable of life outside the womb is not part of a woman's body. It is a human life worth nothing to progressives.
  • Why do some of u associate masculinity with alcohol? Two questions: 1).what is wrong with a man who doesn't consume alcohol 2) why are you making how well a person handles alcohol as contingent upon gender . that's fuckingsi simplistic lmao get a. Brain thx
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ It's about true grit Nicole. When I was much younger, I'd go out with the boys, pound down pints of stout with tequila shots and then still be tough enough to force myself up the next morning and make it into work. Some of those boys worked in the same place, so it was a challenge to see who was too much of a pussy to make it in on time. Nowadays I'm too old to party like that, but I can still gut it out when I need to. I may not drink like that anymore, but like 25, I still don't trust a man who won't have a drink with me in a social setting.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Ski, do you think that might be better suited to another thread?
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I saw no one associate alcohol with masculinity, but it is typical of those who are wrong to create a false fact and then argue against it. If I had a substantial retainer I would take enough time to explain what is wrong with men who do not drink, besides not being trustworthy. Anyone who has ever seen my sister-in-law drink knows that capacity has jack shit to do with gender. In fact, the three highest b.a.t. results all belong to one of my female clients who in the coursde of her meltdown 22 years ago blew a .44, .45 and a .48. It is amazing she is alive as .48 is comatose and she was actually still functioning. An 8 ball of coke apparently trumps alcohol.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I do Rick, my bad. I was wrong.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @ Nichole. I have never equated masculinity with the ability to hold ones liquor. However, I can hold my liquor better than anyone I’ve ever met. I only drink when others around me are drinking so that others around me don’t look so silly due to my sobriety. I can have fun with or without the liquor. If those around me are having fun drinking, then I’m going to have fun with them by drinking. If those around me or not drinking yet having fun, then I’m going to have fun as well without drinking.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ Rickdugan is known for saying, "real men drink and drive". Very good questions Nicole. And Skibum, a fetus is not viable outside the uterus, till like about end or near end of 2nd Trimester. This Georgia law goes into effect when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which is about 6 weeks. Totally not viable.. Roe v Wade protects first trimester abortions, and somewhat second trimester. 3rd trimester is very very rare, and usually when there are serious medical problems. With consultation with her doctor, a woman has the right to decide what she does with her own body. Georgia State Senator Jen Jordan [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Skibum and RickDugan, you two guys live around the clock in a state of hangover. SJG
    5 years ago
    Second marriage felt like a hangover.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ I still have Post Marital Stress Disorder, from my first and only marriage. SJG
  • I still don't trust a man who won't have a drink with me in a social setting. Why the focus on man? Why not say man or woman ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I said I don’t trust a man or woman that doesn’t drink.
  • You were the only one ^
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    TwentyFive, usually the one who insists that other people drink, he is the one who is the alcoholic. SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ sure thing cupcake
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    I've never been drunk enough to pass out but I've been drunk enough that walking was a real struggle. Never caused me a hangover though. Closest I got was after a night of upside down margaritas, someone opened a bottle of tequila near me the next day and the smell almost made me hurl.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I've been drinking since I was 16 and I have yet to have a hang over. I've black out for about 2 hours after 2 bottles of tequila but I was not hung over.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Not a heavy drinker. Maybe a couple of hours the next day. Eat something and I'm OK.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    twentyfive, you sound like a guy with a drinking attitude problem, and that probably means a drinking problem too. If so, then I suspect you will soon be finding yourself in handcuffs and trying to dish out your stuff to a cop. SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ sure thing cupcake
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ That does not work on me. But more importantly, if you get in trouble for your apparent drinking problem, it won't work on the cops either. SJG
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I get drunk pretty easily but luckily I also recover pretty easily. The worst hangover I had, I think I lasted about a day. At that time, I hadn’t eaten anything all day, had an infuriating day at work, and directly after that I was in an EDM nightclub that on a Wednesday because of the weekly 75 cent wells before 11pm special and that night there was also a $2-$3 (can’t remember) rumple shot special too. I think I had like two well drinks and five shots. And I blacked out and was told to leave. Made it to my 8am class tho anyways despite feeling terrible. It was obnoxious though that I could smell the peppermint in my hair though even after showering. I can’t drink that stuff ever again.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    One night at the inner room, after getting trashed beyond belief I was walking back from getting high in the parking lot when I had one of those incidents where you stagger a bit from the booze and "brush" the door frame; except that I was so smashed I brushed it with my face and took a full collarbone hit. Felt nothing and went back to drinking and getting lap dances. Ahh to be young and able to drink like that again. I miss being 50.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ Skibum, admit it, you're just a walking disaster. SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I know what you mean SJG. Happily married for almost 30 years; own my own business, house and other shit; money in the bank; 4 monthly poker games plus bi-weekly poker league; golf; skied 9 states last season and starting a week from Saturday I am in florida for a week visiting Mom, Bro 1, Bro 2 and my nieces and nephews. Will pop by the Inner Room and Dean's Gold, as well as play poker. Such a disaster oy vey.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    When I was 18 I was an usher at a wedding near Buffalo, NY where the legal drinking age was 18 and 21 just about everywhere else.. Atthe rehearsal I was matched with the best looking bridesmaid and thought there might be some hanky-lanky in the offing. At the rehearsal dinner at an upscale country club, waiters carried trays of complimentary manhattans and martinis. I had had many drinking bouts in my young life, but never legal. My date mentioned that she liked olives so in a one hour period I drank at least 12 martinis ( that’s the number of toothpicks she had). The last thing I remember is my nose hitting the sherbet on the fruit cup. Other groomsmen assisted in getting me outside and deposited me in my cousin’s brand new convertible where I proceeded to barf all over the upholstery. That allowed me to awaken after an hour or so and really start drinking. Not only did I have a horrible hangover for the next 36 hours but became ensconced as the black sheep of the family which continues to this day 55 years later.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I love the story Gawker. Damn I loved being young lol.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I don't get hung over easily. The only two times I really had one were pretty hard core. one of them I had 18 drinks in a little over an hour. I had beers shots and mixed drinks which is a recipe for disaster... Whiskey beer, have no fear Beer whiskey kind of risky
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    The hangover lasted until the next evening
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Hangover lasted one day but I barfed for two days straight. That was in junior high. Haven't been able to drink whiskey since then
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    But skibum, you are a shit head. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion