tuscl

Eating at a strip club? Steaks

GhostOfHell
New York City
Friday, May 10, 2019 1:25 AM
Should I take a chance eating dinner at Rick's in NYC? Can I get a dancer there to join me? I'm sure they have at least 1 hot Latina or American white girl. Otherwise the dancers there are too Euro for me so I doubt I will have much fun. I have had lite lunches at other NYC/Queens clubs without any gastro problems but that was years ago. Perhaps I should go to a grind palace with dancers I like first then on to Morton's for dinner alone because my game ain't that great.

34 comments

• grand1511
    5 years ago
    Eat a stripper instead.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Funny. When I eat in a strip club, I make most girls go away until I'm done. I enjoy the rare moment of peace, which I do not get much in my day-to-day life (I run a business and am married with young kids). The last thing I want is some random chick yammering away while I'm trying to digest. But to each his own. I'm sure you'd be fine eating at Rick's, though I can't say anything about the quality vs. price. Personally, with all of the great steakhouses in NYC, I wouldn't eat a steak in a strip club if I was hankering for a really good one. I wouldn't go to Morton's either. If you want a great steak, try a place like Keenes or BLT. Shit, Keenes is only a couple of short blocks from Ricks. Or, if you are willing to take a trip down to Brooklyn, Peter Luger is a fantastic steakhouse. You could also try places like Benjamin, Van Dam and Wollensky, but IME they are more hit or miss in terms of quality. If you do decide to eat in Rick's, I'm not sure if any girl will sit with you for your entire meal unless she is getting paid. But you will be harassed more than once while you try to eat as, by all reports, the girls are aggressive upstairs where the dining area is.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    In NYC I’d opt to go over the bridge to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn very few steak places anyplace as good.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    What is the expected cost of a meal at Lugers, without drinks?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Last time I was there with a party of 8, total with drinks and tip was over $1200. or a bit over $150. per person that was in 2016.Everyone agreed it was totally worth it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    No way I can afford that for a dinner. Steak dinner for 4 at Chez Flagooner for Mother's day should max out at about $50 total. It may not be Lugers, but it will be good. I prefer Ribeye, but the NY Strip is on sale at Publix this week.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Try the ribeye from the prime meat reefer at Costco two inches thick and grill them on the highest setting you have on your bar b cue, rib eye is a good choice so is Ny strip but my personal favorite is the porterhouse thick cut
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ It’s mother’s day splurge a little, you cheap bastard, your wife is worth at least as much as those strippers you support;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @25: $150 per person is on the high end for Luger's - I'm guessing that included high end cocktails and/or bottles of wine. Luger's is actually less pricey per head than some of the Manhattan steakhouses and the food is better. It is common for two people dining together to order the steak for two for under $80 - which is huge and comes pre-sliced. Add sides and drinks (they also give free rolls) and two people can still walk away for less than $150. Even the steak for one will run under $60, before sides and drinks of course. @Flag: I hear you and don't disagree. But a place like Luger's is a special treat. We simply cannot replicate what they do at home, including searing the steak at over 1500 degrees, which is why the juices on the steak plate are still sizzling when they bring it out. We also cannot easily buy the quality of Prime grade beef that is made available to places like Lugar's - everything at Publix is Choice or below.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    @25: +1 for the splurge on Mother's Day, lol. If you're going to drop hundreds every time you mix it up with strippers, you ought to be able to pony up for some nice steaks if your wife is a steak lover. ;)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ To be certain just go on line their menu is available and damn Rick we had a celebration dinner of course scotch and a few bottles of wine were in there, as well as a few after dinner cigars. ;) BTW that porterhouse for two is just about the best I have ever had anyplace.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "...damn Rick we had a celebration dinner of course scotch and a few bottles of wine were in there..." That's what did it. Cool. I'v had nights like that too in some of the Manhattan steakhouses - the bottles of wine can really ring that tab up fast. It must have been funny having everyone pony up cash to cover a $1,200 tab, since of course Luger's still to this day will not take credit cards. ☺
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    It wast too bad we had just sold a property in maspeth and I was probably the poorest guy at the table ;)
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I've never eaten dinner at a strip club but I don't think I would have a problem at Cheetah in Atlanta. They have a 4 star restaurant named Alluvia. a 12oz fillet mignon is $58.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    The Costco prime ribeyes do sound good. I may be there on Saturday anyway. I do the reverse sear method for thick steaks though. I find it to be more consistent
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I also have a Costco membership and of course have seen the Prime meat section, but I've never trusted it enough to pull the trigger. For starters, I know that they needle tenderize a lot of their steaks, which I don't like. No idea if they also do that with the Prime stuff, but I haven't been willing to pull the trigger and pay the freight to find out, also partly because I've also been skeptical about whether it would truly be comparable to the Prime meat used in better steakhouses. Flag, if you pull the trigger, please come back and let us know how they were!
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Will do.
  • GhostOfHell
    5 years ago
    Thanks guys! Love Luger's but it is kind of out of the way for me. Never had a problem with Wollensky always a great meal. I love Maloney & Porcelli they always treat me well there and they are closest to my apartment. Went to several Morton's and they never once questioned my porterhouse order and I always enjoyed the meal. Damn too many choices! Ha! Ha! Rick's is out then. I may like fine dining but I like my strip clubs to be more low key. I will never go to BLT again. They made a fuss when I ordered a porterhouse for myself. I said nicely don't worry I'll finish it. My girlfriend at the time said he's got an appetite you wouldn't believe. Waiter brings out our meal and says the chef found a smaller cut for you. The cut was less than an inch thick and must have been less than 24oz. Me being a gentleman and not wanting to make a scene think to myself fuck-it. I eat it and it was only ok and my girl wasn't really satisfied with her meal as well. The kicker was they still charged me full price for the porterhouse. I paid and swore the place off my list. Sorry for the rant but that really burnt my toast.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’ll give you a couple of useable hacks for Costco it’s cheaper to buy a standing rib roast than individual steaks same with the strips buy the roast instead of the individual steaks just ask the butcher to use the meat saw and he will cut them to your desired thickness, another is if you like lamb chops just by the New Zealand rack of lamb and cut them at home two ribs bore chop they cook up great on the grill as well. Just to be informative I have purchased from the prime meat reefer and I enjoyed them very good
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    The most memorable steak I ever ate was at a small restaurant in Hermosillo Mexico. My buddy and I were on a fishing trip and we ordered the cowboy rib eye. It was cooked over mesquite and was so big that it was too big to cover the meat platter that it was served on.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ GOH a long gone but fondly remembered is the Cattleman used to be on 59th down the block from the old Copacabana, I had many great meals there with friends before hitting the Copa good times
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I rarely eat at a strip club and when I do it's usually out of necessity (don't have time to stop at another place to eat; or I'm having a long SC visit and don't wanna leave the club to eat and come back) - the food can be good-enough in the upscale clubs but in many cases I don't think it's at the level of a good restaurant; and like most SC related things, the food will usually be overpriced considering the quality. I also prefer not to mix business w/ pleasure - when I'm eating in a SC, all the display of female-flesh distracts me from my meal.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I met a new stripper last night who seem to enjoy the tube steak. She may become my new CF.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I've never eaten at Rick's in NYC, but I've eaten at strip club steakhouses and have been impressed. You get quality steaks at a lower price than at comparable regular steakhouses.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i had a steak dinner at belax about months ago. well worth the $1.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    *six*
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    As a rule, I like to keep dining and clubbing separate from each other. Especially when it comes to steak dinners. I've made exceptions to this rule when on a time compressed schedule, like a flight to catch a few hours later. Notable exceptions being Mens Club- Dallas, and Bare Elegance- LAX. The former may still have a day or 2 a week where they serve discounted prime rib. I don't recall dancers at either place being high hustle. BE- LAX doesn't serve prime rib, but they have a good Friday lunch buffet.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I only eat at strip clubs if I'm with someone or when we treat them like regular clubs. Bottle service and a nice dinner at a strip club is better quality and service than the equivalent at a comparable restaurant and regular club. Plus the eye candy is much better at strip clubs. I think in that respect, they do offer bang for the buck. This is especially true in Vegas for example. Treasures offers steaks that are comparable to restaurants on the Strip at a much better price.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I’ve always been thoroughly pleased at Morton’s and at Ruth’s Chris. I once took a party of 25 to Morton’s in Charlotte. No wine or liquor on the tab which was being paid for with public funds. There were many appetizers and also deserts and the bill was about $2600. The tip was $500. I had just signed the credit card receipt and the gentleman to my right asked the waiter for another cup of coffee. The waiter said, “I’m sorry sir, I’ve already closed out the bill. I asked the waiter to give me the paperwork so that I could take $100 off the tip. He then said, “I’ll get the coffee. It’s on me.”
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    That's a good one. I've always had great experiences at nice restaurants though. Complimentary drinks, staying open later, little things like that to accommodate us.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Used to eat from a buffet in a now non-existent club. Food was very good brought in from a nearby Italian restaurant. Since then, nothing.
  • wyohio
    5 years ago
    I was at Follies one afternoon this spring and they had a buffet with fresh fried chicken, collard greens and carved to order prime rib. Not sure if they regularly do that, had never seen it before or since, but it was damn tasty.
  • aham5
    5 years ago
    If you are short on time.... go for it. I like steak, and I've never had a very good one at a sc. Including Cheetahs in ATL and flight club Detroit. I passed on the buffet at follies.... but I did have a nice fried shrimp and fries off the menu one day. It was surprisingly good!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion