tuscl

NFL Draft

Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:42 AM
starts at 8pm tonight on ESPN--but it will also be on Friday and Saturday any certain player you guys are hoping your team will get? any general thoughts about the draft? discuss!

45 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Will a 5-10 QB really get drafted #1 ?
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    Not exactly "draft" but I do kinda hope there is some merit to the idea of us getting Rosen for a 3rd round pick or so. I'm not sold on him being a long term top tier QB, so I don't want to see us giving up a pick in the first two rounds for him but if we can get him for mid to late round pick and/or an aging player I'd be excited. Other than that, I'd really like to see us trade down and collect picks in the later rounds and subsequent years. Kinda have to "trust the process" this year.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I’m a believer in taking the best player available regardless of position. But that being said, I really hope the Vikings get some O-line help.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I thought all the talk was about a 12-2 QB maybe going first. Who went 5-10?
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    warrior, that’s a great point. Undersized QBs usually don’t even get taken in the first round—let alone 1st overall But Murray is expected to be the first player taken and he’s not even 6 feet tall
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    Over the last couple of days there has been more and more doubt injected into the conversation about Murray going #1 --not sure why --if it is his size or if the Cardinals are shopping the draft pick hard. For the first time in a long time the Steelers ( my team) have multiple needs with the loss of two big play makers --well one and one hold out that could have been last year. I suspect they will go LB first, CB second and maybe third. After that a back up at QB maybe or wide receiver that will develop over the course of a couple of years which has been their pattern in the last decade.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    For the Dolphins, any PLAYER would be an improvement. They an abundance of "players".
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    As a Patriots fan I know it doesn't matter what I want or think and further, that not one expert who has done a mock draft will be right about any pick. All I know is that football will still be interesting to me after the end of the year and that in June I will make my annual ski out west to watch the patriots in the super bowl reservations. i will never forgive them for losing to the Eagles and making my record 5-1 out west.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Is there a draft today? LOL. As a Pats fan, I can't remember the last time we had a high pick in a draft and there is no sense speculating on who the number 32 pick will be. I simply trust that they will use their picks wisely, as they almost always do, and supplement with good value pickups elsewhere. I will say though that good value trades are getting much harder to come by as other teams are becoming cautious about being embarrassed by the Pats. It has to suck for GMs and coaches to trade a guy to the Pats from their second team or even practice squad, for next to nothing, just to watch the Pats convert him into a valuable first team starter. ;)
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Rick did you read the article yesterday that while the Jets were on the phone during the draft with Matt Light telling him he was their next pick that Belichick traded up to the spot right before andd took him? Made me laugh and look forward to tonight.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    -->@Warrior: "Will a 5-10 QB really get drafted #1 ?" Russell Wilson is 5'11" and if the 2012 draft were redrafted today he'd probably go #2 overall behind Andrew Luck or maybe even #1, so it ain't out of the question
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Shit ski, I did not see that. It's making me chuckle now and comes as no surprise. When I mentioned trades, I should have also mentioned that the Pats tend to win on draft trades too. Here is a pretty cool article on the topic: [view link] Rumor has it that the Pats wanted to trade up in last year's draft, but nobody would trade with them. Wonder why? ;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Will a 5-10 QB really get drafted #1 ?" I would never have thought so. But rumor has it that AZ ownership is feeling a lot of pressure to do something splashy because their season ticket sales are suffering.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @warrenboy75 Here we go Steelers, here we go! I hope they draft a Tight End (not the mongering type) because I think the best ILBs will be gone by the 20th pick. I think a TE will give the offense balance and if Washington improves in his second season, we should be OK.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Whatever the Steelers do it'll likely be a good pick. No one drafts consistently better than them and the Patriots.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    ^A hell of a deal that is. As was the Bears getting Khalil Mack in exchange for their first rounder
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Huntsman— you took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the same way
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    The only downfall of Steelers draft picks seems to be at CB. It's been a thorn in their side for years now. My nickname for AB is Arite" wait until he gets" Burns in the 4th Quarter. The two best TE's in this draft played for the same college team........Iowa....Green Bay has their eye on one and drafts before the Steelers.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @warrenboy75 I agree we can't find a decent corner in the draft, Artie "gets" Burns again is the latest of bad high draft picks. I know we need to find someone to fill in Shazier's shoes but with all the upheaval on the offseason, I hope they give Ben more weapons to work some magic.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    No surprises in the first 3 picks
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I wasn't into Taylor Swift when she was younger but she's looking pretty-good to me now as she has matured and looks more womanly
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Anyone watching the draft at a sportsbar? If so which one and how's the vibe?
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    put down the drinks chulo--- t swift is a great musician--but she has nothing to do with the NFL Draft :)
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Watching at a sports bar with Raider fans, their reaction with the Raiders first pick: Nooooooo. I love it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ".. t swift is a great musician--but she has nothing to do with the NFL Draft ..." Never a wrong time to talk about a hot-chick - what's wrong w/ you
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    haha chulo :) vikings take bradbury even with dillard and taylor still on the board i'm ok with that...we needed an interior lineman more than a offensive tackle
  • ime
    5 years ago
    GoV Bradbury is a great pick he will be a starter and most like pro-bowler for the next 10 years. Clemson with d line 3 so far inthe first round, thats crazy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    There's still 10 picks left in the 1st round - I wonder if Juice is gonna make it - Juice to the Pats baby
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    If most of the players were white they wouldn't allow the draft, but y'all have no problem with a bunch of strong black men being distributed to teams like they're property. WTF. It's like an accepted form of slavery. Fucking racists.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ call Al Sharpton so he can protest the draft
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The white guys actually did pretty good this year - I think there were 7 crackers in the 1st round (most being offensive linemen)
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    By taking Bradbury, then shifting Elflein to LG, the Vikings fix 2 positions. Plus, Hill should develop into a starting LT by next year when we release Reiff. So, picking the top Center was smarter than picking a Tackle. For yucks, I read the Packers’ forum. They hated the first pick and thought moving up for a second pick was stupid.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Pats drafted a reciever in the first round for first time since Terry Glenn in 1996, and track record drafting wr's isn't very good, it's like the one glaring blind spot. This kid seems like a big strong possession reciever, but not real fast, hopefully he can play
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    This dude Quinten Williams is gonna be a beast
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Williams has one really great season beyond an uneventful freshman season. I agree, he should be great. But, I’d feel better if he had put 2 or 3 seasons together before going Pro. You can hide a lot of things for one season that show up over a career.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ime, agreed with all of that. But in recent years the Pats have had a knack for converting under-valued receivers into great players, so I'm inclined to give their scouting department the benefit of the doubt until we see otherwise. Shit, on any given year, you couldn't pick half or their starting receivers out of a line-up, but before too long they become good players and leave for big contracts elsewhere.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Now wtf Arizona was thinking in drafting an undersized QB #1 who is too reliant on his legs I'll never understand.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I just wish I was down on Lower Broadway partying with the crowd. If you have never been to Nashville, they built a stage right at the end of Broadway. There are about 50+ bars, nightclubs and honky-tonks in about a 4 block area right there. That is where the 150,000 people were.
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    When it comes to QB's being drafted what were the Giants thinking is the million or in this case probably multi million dollar question.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Any thoughts on if that QB the Redskins took from OSU will make it. @TheeOSU?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I thought it was a pretty-uneventful draft and not that exciting - and I found the coverage kinda dull - I guess the only bit of drama was the OSU QB falling to 15. The part I enjoyed was the backstory on some of the players particularly the Alabama runningback that grew up homeless with his 4 siblings with a single dad (often times it's the male that bails on the family but that guy stuck it out in tough circumstances) - and the kid seemed very humble - supposedly Alabama was his only offer out of HS I think bc his coach contacted Saban to give him a look; and now he's a 1st round pick.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Sounds like the NYG were the drunkest drafters overall. I'm content with the Vikings pick
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    To know how your team did in the draft, well wait 2-3 years and you'll know.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Josh Rosen interesting, for sure. A surefire answer, nope, but then none are.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think The Giants are drafting for 2021 as evidenced by the trade of OBJ. ,they believe they need to rebuild and Rosen is a steady not overly showy pick, they’re looking for a young version of Eli, time will tell, I hope they get some linebackers, and some help up front offensively.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion