tuscl

Nina graduated from High School when she was 17

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Just letting y'all know in case you didn't read the dozens of posts where she mentions it for no reason.

31 comments

• JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    When I was seventeen, it was a very good year....
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Didn't everyone?
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    not me.... 6th grade was the best 5 years of my life
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Actually, there *is* a reason. Which is obvious given the context of the discussion in question.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I love Nina
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    I know a few people who graduated early (or left school early then finished up before they were 18 one way or another)

Usually they were relatively clever people, never the smartest, but definitely not the dumbest. Focus issues or issues with authority. Often divorced or single parents; probably easier to convince one parent it's a good plan than two.

Usually the best college bound students stick around and do AP classes.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Haha, is flag’s new avatar a photo of him when he was seventeen?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ that’s the best he ever looked forty years ago.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    For some of you, the troll bitches on here are the only women who talk to you for free LMFAO
  • txtittyspice
    5 years ago
    ^ what about “TUSCL’s youngest troll bitch”
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^I don’t know her personally but that is flags photo from his tv show from the late 60s
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I turned 18 the day before my first semester in college ended. You make igonrace an art form Icey. Ieriously doubt you've ever been laid ...by a woman.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Skibum, geriatric alcoholic lawyer syndrome kick in yet today?
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If you mean did I start work at 5, make a lot of money and bring in my golf clubs to be re-gripped, then yes. You're a fraud Icey and a liar. Tell us more about the DJ at Mons fake man. There is no athletic endeavor I could not kick your sorry ass at Icey.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    No, I mean if you had some shots of whiskey and threw tantrums to try to make opposing counsel get flustered so you can make their client lose money.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Graduating HS at 17 is generally nothing more than the kid having a late in the year birthday and whether parents elected to start the kid in kindergarten at age 4 instead of 5
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    So how many shots?
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Oh Boy, another TUSCL member brawl..... why you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD6C1PT9…
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I don't do shots. Children do shots. That is very true Decline I am a December birthday.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    I mentioned I graduated at 17 because Nicole was actually trying to take a jab at my high school GPA as if it has anything to do with law school admissions (it doesn't). The reason I reiterated that I was 17 is to point out how stupid it is to act like my grades as a 13-17 year old are relevant today. (Started high school at 13, turned 14 several months into the school year, making me a 16 year old senior who turned 17 several months into my senior year). I think judging someone's grades at that young of an age and relating it to grad school admissions is ridiculous which is why I pointed that out.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "Usually the best college bound students stick around and do AP classes."

I did take AP classes. English, History, and science although I sucked at the science part because it was AP chemistry and I was terrible at it. Didn't bother taking AP math because I would have failed and they wouldn't have let me take it if I tried.

My senior year I remember picking out my schedule with my counselor and I wanted to do both AP English, Creative Writing, and was already put on the newspaper staff. (At my school, you couldn't be on the newspaper staff unless you took journalism before that. If you excelled in that, the teacher would talk to you about possibly being on the newspaper staff as a class for junior or senior year, as that teacher was the one who ran the newspaper staff). My counselor said since the Creative Writing was considered a college level course, I couldn't take that along with AP English, that it'd be "too much work." Bullshit, I went over her head talking to the principal who said it was fine.

Aced both classes, and my teacher for the newspaper staff gave me the title of Copy Editor, which she told me she never gives to first year newspaper staff but she did for me, because I was the best one there and that's a lie. Plus I actually wrote interesting articles. No one in the school would even read the newspaper, until I started writing for it because I wrote opinion pieces and articles in general that interesting and controversial enough to get the students to actually read my articles. I was the only person on the staff who won awards for my writing; I won 2nd place for an opinion piece I wrote, and 1st place for a sports article. Oh, and I won second place (1k/semester scholarship per year or semester, can't rememeber) for a university I decided not to attend at the last minute. Also won a 1k/year scholarship to any MI school for my score on the Michigan Merit Exam (MME), which was similar to the ACT or SAT. I don't think I ever received money for that scholarship because I heard the state didn't have enough funding and I was too stupid to do my FASFA my freshman year of college so I didn't receive any aid and had to pay out of pocket).

I had a 0.8 my freshman year of high school, which contributed to my cumulative GPA being mediocre at best. Circumstances in my life changed, as did my grades. I actually had to take summer classes just to catch up on credits for two straight summers, and right before graduation one of the counselors realized that I didn't have the math credits needed to graduate. I was one class short, still. But I had already been accepted to different colleges so my principal let me walk across the stage AND get my actual diploma, and had me enroll in an online class because he told me even though I would graduate before I finished the online class, it was easy and he knew I could pass.

My parents were in an ugly custody battle for a lot of high school, and at one point my twin sister and I had to go live with our aunt, because my dad's house had like 10 CPS calls (how many fucking CPS calls does there need to be before a child/children are removed from the home? One of my school counselors even called them and nothing changed). My mom had 0 CPS calls, but as I've said before she is an alcoholic and has gone to jail and prison during my junior and high school days so that's why she lost custody. I finally got my sister and I the hell out of my dad's house by calling the police after my step mom nearly choked me to death. There were visible marks of the choking all over my neck and scratches on my arms. The cops arrived and took one look at me and she was removed in handcuffs. The court put her on probation and gave a PPO so she wasn't allowed contact. When the Friend of the Court found out my dad was still letting her live there, she recommended that we be removed from the house if he continued to let her stay, so the judge granted that and that very day we packed our shit and got to move in with our aunt in public housing where my sister and I shared a bunk bed with two of our cousins. We were poor as shit but we had a lot of fun. I'm sure if things weren't as turbulent throughout high school, my GPA would have been better. Oh well.

Thank you, flagooner, for giving me a platform with this thread to talk about myself, although you absolutely will complain at me for it.

My sister and I supposedly started school at 4 because it was recommended to mom since we were intellectually advanced for our age. I don't remember since I was only 4, it could be complete bullshit. I have a sister in a wheelchair who's a year and a half older than me, but started school the same year, so although my mom had already left my dad he could habe coaxed her to start us the same year as my sister for all I know. I don't really care.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Thanks for sharing...... R E S P E C T

I graduated from High School in May when I had just turned 17 in January; I was just your run in the mill brain-O nerd who skipped a grade.

It did make it tough to adjust to classmates that were ~ 2 years older than me; Overall my path was a cakewalk in comparison.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Okay Archie Bunker I graduated high school when I was 16. I was through shit truck college by age 17.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Smack that Mack button
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Thanks for sharing that story Nina. Overcoming adversity is strong indicator of good character and being a life winner. Losers choose to bitch and whine about their lot in life and do nothing because "it's someone else's fault" they are what they are. Keep on winning!
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Thanks for sharing that story Nina. Overcoming adversity is strong indicator of good character and being a life winner. Losers choose to bitch and whine about their lot in life and do nothing because "it's someone else's fault" they are what they are. Keep on winning!
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Thank you Longball300.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Thanks Uprightcitizen, it wasn't always bad. I definitely had some times in my childhood where we lived comfortably and got to do a lot of things.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    How people perform as children is a silly way to judge people. Anyone looking at me in high school saw a criminal, who got good grades. Look at me in 8th grade and I took 20 courses that year, receiving a 50 in every one of them. Confession - 50 was the lowest you could get. I also skied 68 days of school, without a call to my Mom because as my Vice-pricipal told her: "we didn't call because we knew you would make him come back". I took my bar review course with an older woman who had 3 kids and who took 11 years to get through college and law school. She then failedthe bar 4 times. I consider her an exceptional arttorney and refer cases to her.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Proud of you for overcoming adversity that many would have crumbled under. I was 17 when I graduated because my birthday is late in the year. That was a half century ago.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Someone, maybe Hemingway, said "write drunk, edit sober," or something to that effect. I wrote it sober but read that post and, to tweak it, must say that when my teacher said I was the best, I meant to say that was NOT A lie. She was correct. I know it just sounds like bragging, but I did excel at least at journalism. I started college majoring in journalism, because I was actually good. That was something that came easy to me, as far as constructing information the way a true, real news article should. That is all.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion