tuscl

Mitre Dame Cathedral is on fire

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Monday, April 15, 2019 10:57 AM
This is an icon worldwide even worse the hunchback won’t have bells to ring.

21 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Goddamn autocorrect Notre Dame fuckn phone is a nincompoop
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I was wondering what the heck Mitre Dame was.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ My phone obviously knew ;)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think my fuckn phone is trolling me lol
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    A place of beauty. A place of peace. So much history. The heart of France. Sadness beyond words.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ agree wholeheartedly
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Mon coeur me fait mal avec cette nouvelle.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    That sucks :(
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Put that fucking shit out already! What a fucking travesty.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    As long as the stone walls remain standing, there is hope that the roof can be rebuilt. This time, with steel and a sprinkler system.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Good news. At least for now, the vault looks to be intact. Only a small part of the walls fell. It should be possible to rebuild and repair.
  • BigDickSammy_
    5 years ago
    They will rebuild
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Yes they will, but it won't be a five year project despite the French president's declaration. Finding the stone carvers to do that much high level work will take at least that long. Not to mention engineering the laminated trusses that will be necessary to replace the old growth timber that can't be had these days.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    They have the repair of Windsor Castle to guide them. They used a mix of traditional and modern construction techniques on Windsor. Completed work in 5 years.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Another source of info is Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. It began using only traditional stonework. They are now using modern concrete techniques and construction is moving at light speed.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    The battle lines are being drawn in Paris. Macron has promised to rebuild within 5 years, which can only be done using modern construction materials and techniques. He has proposed a more contemporary take on the spire which fell. Conservative politicians are demanding that traditional materials, such as oak, be used to rebuild. That would take much longer than 5 years.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think in a busy city like Paris there would be an emphasis on getting the renovation done quickly using up to date techniques and as much older types of materials as possible to minimize disruption, the cathedral is in an incredibly busy area, and I would think the sooner the project gets underway and completed the better it will be for all.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    "Mitre Dame Cathedral is on fire" Was this a new angle on Notre Dame, 25? Or, perhaps, a tip of the Paris bishop’s hat? ;-)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Tip of the bishops hat for sure;)
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    They'll be putting all those immagrants to work soon
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Seems these days, "history" is not allowed!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion