tuscl

Detroit guys info please

stanlee
Illinois
Playhouse is right by DTW. last review is from November. Does it suck that bad?

12 comments

• a21985
    5 years ago
    Can't speak for the playhouse, I've never been, and I've never heard one local monger say something positive about it. If you're looking for something right next to DTW, I'd suggest the Landing Strip.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    It's been a year or more since I've visited the Playhouse. It isn't that good. I agree on the Landing Strip suggestion. It is also right by DTW.
  • Htxx
    5 years ago
    Playhouse used to be one of the top clubs. Used to be. Now I’d stay away. My last three visits there (I’m a slow learner) we’re all terrible. Flight club is 5 minutes away from the airport. I’d go there.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Concur with all of these comments. Playhouse has been wildly inconsistent over the years; I have had great times there and have also wanted to run out screaming. Most recent thing I heard was that the people that own Subi's had bought it (this was a few years back) and at THAT moment in time I had a couple of really good nights there. Have not been there recently. My hope is with the demise of the 8 Mile clubs new life and talent is brought back. A DTW loop that includes Cricket, FC, Playhouse and TLS would be nice.
  • stanlee
    5 years ago
    That’s what I’m saying longball. Just trying to figure out if I should put another club into the standard rotation on my next visit in a few weeks. Thanks for the info.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    I have been there twice In my life and vowed never to return
  • DrStab
    5 years ago
    So many other options, at different price points, to fulfill your needs: FC, Bogies, Criket, H8.
  • stanlee
    5 years ago
    Well ok. I’m going to invest more time into LS. getting kinda tired of FC and Cricket.
  • s275ironman
    5 years ago
    I’ve never been to Playhouse, and that won’t change any time soon. The reviews, or lack there of, are my reason why.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    I haven't been to Playhouse in over 5 years and I haven't seen a good recent review of Playhouse to make me want to give it another try. There are a number of good options near the Detroit airport:

Landing Strip (LS)-- nicely appointed club with decent sized and private VIP dance area downstairs from the stage and bar. Afternoon talent is pretty good. Evening talent is also decent but I have less experience with evening visits to LS. Prices for fun have been creeping up but still a very good value. Cons: required valet parking, admission charge at night (free during the day) and can be smokey.

Flight Club FC)-- Very nice facilities and private and comfortable VIP dance area upstairs (on par or better than LS). Tends to have a very good line up of dancers but I've heard multiple reports of escalating prices (as compared to the rest of the Metro Detroit area). Smoking is restricted to the upstairs bar so if smoke is an issue, you'll be OK at FC. Cons: required valet, strict dress code (no athletic clothing), charge for access to the VIP

Bogarts and Henry VIII North: Both are unpretentious neighborhood bars. Entertainers are definitely a step down (maybe two or three steps down) from FC and LS but you can often find some attractive women here. Extras are common at both of these places and reasonably priced . Both can be smokey, especially Henry VIIIN. Both have private dance areas but Henry VIII is very cramped (essentially a small closet) and Bogarts is only slightly larger. Neither have a required parking valet.

A bit further but also worth considering
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Pre mature posting-- continuing the above:

A bit further from the airport but also worth considering:

Criket and BTs Dearborn--- both are middle tier bars and offer a nice compromise in talent between FC and Bogarts. Talent at both clubs is variable but I've had pretty good luck at both places, with BTs tending towards better talent. Both clubs offer VIPs that are roomier than Bogarts and Henry VIII but not as nice as the private dance at LS and FC. Both clubs enforce a no smoking rule. BTs has valet parking (but the adjacent streets offer safe parking). Prices are negotiable at both clubs and certainly lower than the prices at FC.

For all of the Metro Detroit clubs-- if you want something more than a basic lap dance, negotiate price and expectations before heading to the VIP area. Don't be surprised if the initial offer from a dancer is high (they are trying to make a living) so be prepared to counter offer. If you can't come to a mutually agreeable arrangement, politely say no and look for the next candidate for a private dance.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Excellent summary E-man; Well Done.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion