tuscl

Bums In The Strip Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
I was walking into a strip club, and there were two homeless guys sitting outside with a cardboard sign. They were begging everyone going inside for money. I just ignored them. The strip club turned out to not be very good, so I left after 45 minutes or so. I got some tacos, then went to a dive strip club with no cover that was on the way back to the hotel. About 10 minutes after I got inside, the two bums who were panhandling outside the first strip club showed up and came inside with their duffle bags. These guys had greasy hair, stained paints, and looked like they smelled bad. I was surprised the club let them in. They had obviously gotten money panhandling because they had enough cash to each buy a Miller Lite. I imagine they were disappointed 211 wasn't being served. At least they were not panhandling inside the strip club like this guy: https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…

I have come to notice that bums like to hang around near the entrances to strip clubs that are in or close to the downtown areas of cities. I've seen it in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Washington DC, Montreal, and other places. No way am I giving my singles out of to street people when I can give them to dancers.

10 comments

• Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I have come to notice that bums like to hang around near the entrances to strip clubs that are in or close to the downtown areas of cities. I've seen it in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Washington DC.....only can comment on DC but yes they do hang out around all the clubs, strip or otherwise....and they probably feel the same way I do and anyone would after one trip into a DC strip club...if you are stupid enough to drop money inside you might as well give it to a panhandler.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    The bums are a warning that this is what we will look like after the strippers take all our money.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    Strip clubs are usually full of bums (but some of us have more money than others).
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    They must’ve had a bad night at the club to be doin all that.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    So when the homeless guy with the sign walks by your window at the stoplight, do you:
    1. Roll down the window and talk to him?
    2. Give him change/money?
    3. Pretend to be scrolling throigh your phone?
    4. Put the sunglasses on, roll the window up, keep both hands on the wheel, and look straight ahead?

If they have a dog, I'll give them some cash or food if I have it. Yes, I have higher regard and more sympathy for animals than people.
    Otherwise, I'm a #4.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A guy once asked me for $$$ inside a black dive bar that didn't have a cover - he looked more broke than homeless but he could have been both.

Outside another black dive on dayshift a early-20s guy that seemed semi-deranged asked me for $$$, gave me the impression he was into drugs.

Those two have been the only instances I recall in hundreds of visits - I would assume most clubs would put a stop to that not wanting their customers harassed.
  • captainfun
    6 years ago
    I’ve been in some real low end clubs in sketchy places across the land. Yet, have never seen one homeless guy inside or right outside the door.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    6 years ago
    I usually tell panhandlers “Sorry, I don’t have any cash.” Playing the cashless society card.

I’ve never met a panhandler outside of a SC before, but I suppose that would be a difficult line to pull off as I’m entering. I guess I should be prepare and come up with an alternate response.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    I've written about it in my reviews, Bugsy's in downtown Elyria Ohio, moochers, drug dealers, and other dregs often hang out front trying to mooch money, smokes, or sell drugs when you're entering or leaving the club. My stock answer to them is 'NO"!
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    I actually saw a warning in Europe not to let panhandlers swipe your credit card. Apparently a few had those square swipe readers and a smartphone. I know panhandling is almost protected in Europe, but if you are STUPID enough to do that you deserve to be taken. I know Europe has been into chips in cards for a long time, but I guess swiping is still common enough.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion