tuscl

Nicole diaries #2: I fucked up my dream of graduating top 1% honors.. but Ii hav

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
A few posts ago u may have recalled that something happened to me in college that changed me.

My parents forced me to do something and it changed my brain chemistry..ive never felt like this after what happened but I continue to keep going. No its not excuse , but it completely skewed my mental vision .

This internal change helped me ruin my own chances of graduating with highest honors bc it completely changed me. As a person and therefore my own goals.

What's keeping me going is that even tho it'll take me forever to get a good lsat score , at least I have the grades to be able to represent clients and study law which I fucking love reading about .

Also what js keeping me going is that even tho I feel like my undergrad was rocky as fuck, at least I have a chance of graduating law school with top honors which would be fucking amazing and is the ultimate dream . ok wow ..at least that only took ten mins..not too much of a waste of time for a diary entry.
Time to get ready now

30 comments

• Basically after the incident i felt I could ace the material and that there was no point of school cuz I understood everything.( I could make a minus studying the night before /day of test)

But its biting my career options so I wish I dosnt let the ego get the best of me among other things.the incident was. A huge part of that bc before it happened I was a completely different person.

Oh well.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Real talk: you're a grown ass woman. Make your own life choices and don't let your parents derail you.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Learning isn't just about knowing something or memorizing it, its about being able to apply it. And you don't have to be at the top. Aim for the top 10% and you'll be more than fine.
  • Too late for that ..wanted to do that but I didn't at the moment cuz if I did that, its kind of hard to pay a. 20k/yr cost of living on a minimum wage job which I would have needed to get if I stopped talking to my parents....
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Arrogance and parental dependency can only keep you going for so long. At some point the realities of your your skills and lack thereof and your parents supporting you will sink in and you'll need to reassess and revise your goals accordingly.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Just do your best, get into law school and just go for it. Don't worry about class standing TBH
  • Doesnt matter. Sure top ten percent is enough to get the same 200k job kids from harvard get ...but thats isnt my goal.

I dont care about a 200k job..my greatest dream is to work for the department of justice or presidents office for lawyers...and that's much harder to get than getting into Chicago or coulmbia law which I wouldve had the gpa for if it was not for the life experience my dad forced me into against my own will. Literally changed me completely in a negative way.

But its whatever. While I still hope to be the best of the best in law school by being not top ten percent but top 5% which is what I would need to get to where I would have been if it were not for my dad,

im not gonna lose sleep over it bc at least I can still represent clients and argue in court and debate my heart away for my career <3

@Icey of course no one cares about memorizing ..some ppl just care about competing at tests in the same way athletes like to score touchdowns. Theres nothing wrong with either. I'm just being a good sport and not thinking about how my career chances might be less than I wanted cuz not bc of my own fault but bc of what my parents forced me to do when I was 20 /21

I'm.just focusing on the positives now which is that I can debate my heart out and study law which I like..and I'm.not saying I'm giving up either .I'm.saying I'm b ok if it doesnt work out cuz I just wanna do my best idgaf about anything else.

L
  • I'm still gonna b able to be an attorney and I still have a chance of getting into an elite school

But if I dont get into an elite school I can still become an attorney so no sir dance im not gonna change that...I will still represent clients and if even if I get a minus in law school regardless of which school i attend I have a shot at department of justice .
  • Yes icey the point of this post is that I will b happy with just doing my best even if I don't make top ten percent in law school.
  • Lmao @ sir dance saying I'm dependent on my parents.

Cuz I'm sure you depended on ur parents to pay cost of living unless us school was close to home ??

And yes I got full $$$ to attend somewhere else. And that was Cornell which I didn't wanna attend cuz they only let me study something there that wasnt my passion so...........

Stop being a hypocrite cuz I'm sure ur parents paid for ur living expenses and if They didn't , its bc college was cheap back then (yay for not living in my generation ) ...and if neither are correct than u can still shit ur mouth bc my parents arent merely paying for my degree, theye paying for me to get the grades that will get me into law school = ten thousand times return on investment

Gtfo
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Rely on yourself. Do your best and work hard and don't be worrying about what someone else is doing.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    LMAO Nicokeyes your arrogance is still your downfall. You deflect the issue on me but the reality is that you admitted in another attention whore thread that you could go to PA school and start working with a lot less parental dependency. But instead you keep leeching off your parents for well over the normal time to get a degree and start working. So for you to equate this to me is laughable and rings hollow.

FYI you have no clue about me and how I became financially independent of my parents. FYI I was 22 yrs old and they would have easily kept supporting me through grad school if I chose to. Without any questions. Instead I chose to start working and would pursue higher education on my own without any parental support. The reason was because I didn't want to be a financial burden, being a grown up and all. The education that they funded (and through my loans and scholarships) was enough to enable me to be financially independent. And I chose this path for them rather than meeting my immediate goal at the time to get my masters. So LMAO at your deflection of the issue on me. Sorry, again this is your arrogance shining through over your "logic".

But keep typing the shit from your shit-for-brains head. Your diaries and posts are nothing but a shining example of how to be entitled and mooch off your generous parents for as long as possible. And LMAO to blame them for your own failures too. LOL they are both entertaining and cautionary tales to other arrogant and entitled brats like you. ROFLMAO!!!
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    LMAO Nicokeyes is slowly documenting her failures in life in a highly embellished manner.

In two years her failures at law school will be a thing of the past but she'll be self aggrandizing about something else.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Wait... Don't you strip for money?
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Nicokeyes posted -> "Lmao @ sir dance saying I'm dependent on my parents."

^ Hey dumbass that can't read, I said -> "Arrogance and parental dependency can only keep you going for so long. At some point the realities of your your skills and lack thereof and your parents supporting you will sink in and you'll need to reassess and revise your goals accordingly."

^ Key point is the last sentence, dumbass. It never was about just being dependant on parents which is what you made the point about because your reading and comprehension skills are lacking.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Nicole you need someone new to support you. You need a sugar daddy who is just slightly older than you. More like a sugar brother....that gets to have rough sex round the clock. Yeah.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    When you do what you love you tend to be better at it than you think. Im not much for religion but the universe has ways of making things fall in place.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Sounds like you're one step closer to the pole.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    People eventually reach the point of understanding that they can educate themselves, better than the school can.

But specific career objectives may mean staying in school.

The middle-class family exists to do harm, nothing else.

SJG
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    Remember that the A students wind up going into research while the B students wind up working for the C students and some of the most prolific millionaires/billionaires never finished college.
  • This student is going to be represent clients with no law school debt though :)
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    ^^^ we can assist you in your goal of no debt! Do you prefer a pole that is stationary or one that spins? The $$$ We throw your way will spend all the same no matter what style of Spinning you choose. Lol
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Nichole, yes you are having to make hard choices. All I can say is that pure careerism is not usually the best way.

And the purpose of the middle-class family is to break your wings and then try to make you forget that you ever had the chance of flying.

About Stanford, really interesting:
    https://www.amazon.com/Careerism-Intelle…

Also, a lot of civil rights gains have been made by attorneys who were not these A students. Those with the greatest need for a lawyer will usually be those with the least ability to pay.

Oakland CA, look at some of their cases:
    https://johnburrislaw.com/

St. Paul Minnesota
    https://www.andersonadvocates.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/andersonadv…

https://www.paulmones.com/

https://firstamendmentcoalition.org/

http://sfpublicdefender.org/news/2019/01…

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Good article about the need for bail reform, and about the darker side of pimps and bail bondsmen.

http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2016/11/03/…

SJG
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    From "killing it on the Senate room floor" to "having a shot at the DOJ" to "representing clients without law school debt". LOL Nicokeyes keeps lowering the bar for herself. Keep extrapolating to the future and what's next? san_jose_creep's organization legal counsel? Stripper with dreams of being a notary? Time will tell.
  • Umm lawyers represent clients ....sorry you didn't know the most fundamental component of what lawyers do sir dance.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Umm Nicokeyes you posted this -> "This student is going to be represent clients with no law school debt though :)"...sorry you didn't know that I quoted you verbatim, so by your own logic used on me you don't know the fundamental components too.

Also the bigger point being was that you are continuing to lower your aspirations bar, as admitted to TUSCL by your own posts...sorry you don't remember your own posts, dumbass.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Forgot to mention that my sarcasm being lost on you, Nicokeyes, is exactly my intent, so thanks for continuing to be confused about my posts. LOL too easy.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "Your options do get increasingly constrained. The perversion is that in some ways the better you do in our meritocracy, the more you feel like you don't have a choice."

https://youtu.be/8tuJ0phjFys?t=2m40s

SJG
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Funny how I destroyed an airplane shitter yesterday!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion