tuscl

OT: FIRE Movement

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early):

https://abcnews.go.com/US/burned-millenn…

^ The first window in the page is a video not a pic (the first time I loaded it was hard to see the play button)

13 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    That's fine if that is what some people want. Hope they get it.

But none of this in any way compensates for the fact that we are living in a seriously broken economic system.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think this would be hard to accomplish being a regular SCer
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Maybe I"m a millennial. I don't want to be in an office either. How many strip clubs would let me take my laptop in and do work from the club ?
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^^ I remember, Warrior15's Vitamin V research, and having to shoo girls out of his room so he could get back to work.

:) :) :)

SJG
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I once saw a man working on his laptop in the Penthouse Club in Detroit. That's dedication to your job.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I retired at a very young age following the FIRE lifestyle.it works.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    If that means speculating on the stock market, not impressed. But Mark94, I think you are more long term, not timing the market. What a great gov't entitlement, cutting taxes in order to push up the stock market.

For others, I suggest using your money and talents together and finding a business that you and colleagues can start and run. Win or lose, you still win.

People shouldn't be selling themselves to get money.

SJG
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Sometimes (usually day shifts) customers will come in with their laptops into the club and ignore everything. Mostly because they want to feel cool that they are above all of us dancer scheming hustling ways.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Idk what’s up with the “retire early” part though. Digital nomads are still working—even if it’s part time.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ And adding to that, people motivated by retirement, working so that they don't have to work, defining work that way, I would not expect much from them.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Idk what’s up with the “retire early” part though. Digital nomads are still working—even if it’s part time ..."

Per the title of the article" - "Burned-out millennials are seeking alternative work lifestyles from career changes, living on the road, retiring early"

I guess the article was about more than just retiring early but those that have ditched the traditional 9-to-5 corporate America thing
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Ah yes, makes sense.

I too identify with the article’s sentiment.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I've always said that we should bring back the old Income Averaging, Schedule G. Helps both rich and poor, who have irregular incomes.

But then tax Capital Gains as regular income.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion