$2 bills are popular at strip clubs

NJBalla
New York
9 out of 10 strippers prefer $2 bills over the $1. Crazy right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICY4HV80…

23 comments

• sinclair
    6 years ago
    Outside of a strip club, if you pay/tip with $2 bills, it is seen as a calling card that you are a 2nd Amendment supporter.

I am guessing the strip clubs that use $2 bills need to order them through their bank. Typically banks have few or none on hand. I tried picking some up at the bank recently for the above reason, and they only had one.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    The Platinum Plus club used to always give change in $2 bills. The reason of course was to increase tips to all of the club employees. I always made sure I came in with a good supply of $1's. Presently I haven't been to a club where they are used.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Good thread NJ this is fucking annoying. They just want you to tip more. But when I do pay for stuff in 2s it’s a great talking point for hot civvie girls. They are always like OMG where did you get this????
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    I saw a girl a couple of years back that had a garter that said NO SINGLES. Not sure where she found it. I adhered to the message. Saved a buck.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Id find it annoying if it was a required thing to do. I also find clubs that charge $25 or $30 per song annoying as well. I prefer to tip extra. Getting my change in $1s and $2s would be a nice option tho. Using a $2 to grab a girls atention would be a nice treat.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I love em but out here most people think they're fake
  • bigtim47
    6 years ago
    I use two's all the time to tip. In clubs the dancers love them and always remember me. Also in restaurants. Hey, what the hell does a dollar buy anymore? With ones, I always tip two of them at the stage. I go to the banks and they usually have to go into the vault or back room to find them. Usually get fifty of them, usually all new in serial # order. Inflation has killed the dollar bill.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    In my experience with $2 bills, they make you more memorable and they are a cheap way to tip a dancer. You give her a $2 bill along with your Hundo and save $18. She's probably more elated at the $2 bill too. When she gets home and starts counting her money, she'll have lots of 100s and 20s and 1s and she won't know which customer gave which bill but when she gets to your $2 bill, she'll remember you. A $2 bill is like mentally assaulting a dancer's mind with the memory of yourself.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    Oh I forgot. Politically, spending $2 bills also helps to show how much business strip clubs are bringing to the community by how those $2 bills get distributed.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Back of the two dollar bill shows a dark skinned man whom o believe was the president of the first continental congress.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I use $3 bills to tip strippers.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The back of the 2 dollar bill shows a painting by JohnTrumball called "the signing of the declaration of Independence", which was not signed by and black men.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I did some research on google the day John Trumbull was a Moor, which is generally taken to mean a Spaniard of African descent.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Bar tender at the Discotheque Lounge in Augusta GA would not accept my $2 bills as payment for my drink because she did not have a place for them in her cash register. She didn't get a tip.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Not disputing his ethnicity. Just pointing out a fact regarding who signed the declaration.
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    Used to be a club in Myrtle called Secrets that always gave you change in $2 bills only (and ones). A casualty of the MB purge some years back. Too bad, it was a fun place.
  • Harderlap
    6 years ago
    Thirty years ago, I had a friend who tipped dancers with $2 bills. That led to a lot of interesting things. Once a dancer looked at the $2 bill and accused my friend of giving her counterfeit. He tried to convince her it was genuine, to no avail. She took it to the bouncer and manager, complaining about us giving her counterfeit money and they came over to talk to us. My friend showed them the $2 bills he had. They went back to the dancer, explained that it was genuine. She then came over to us and complained that it would be hard to spend.

One dancer had a fit when she saw that he was tipping with a $2 bill. She said it was bad luck and we were trying to put a hex on her. He tried to give her two ones to replace the $2 bill, but she would have none of it. I finally gave her a couple of ones to make up for it and she took them from me. Another dancer saw what was happening and came over to tell us that the first dancer was into “Voodoo kind of shit” and to look out.

Another dancer came over and said she had no idea that she had been tipped a $2 bill and that another dancer had to tell her. She told us that we should warn the dancers when we tip with $2 bill.

Mostly the dancers liked the $2 bills and it got us some notoriety. More than once, a dancer walked up to us and said “You’re the guys that tip with $2 bills right?” Great conversation starter.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    $2 bills (“Jeffrey’s”) are popular but most of the dancers I know really go ape-shit for Benjamins.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I was gonna post something clever but jackslash stold my line
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    >"I use $3 bills to tip strippers."

Male strippers I bet. 3-dollar bills are pretty queer.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    In John Obrien's novel "Leaving Las Vegas", he uses $5 for the tip rail. He had seen guys using $20, but he said that was over doing it. Just need to stand out above the singles, he explains.

But then, as the CA type strip club he is describing is no mileage, he goes and sessions with a street hooker. Sad that is has to be that way.

SJG
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    I occasionally get these "books" of $2 bills in Vegas where they are glued together like a notebook, I invariably tip someone who is completely confused by them.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    When Jackslash says he has "his own money" he means it! I once saw a souvenir $3 bill with Liberace on it, LOL!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion