tuscl

OT: These 10 cities have the most aggressive drivers in the nation

doctorevil
Evil Lair
It doesn’t surprise me that Atlanta is near the top. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car…

41 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Doesn't surprise me either and I'm originally from Los Angeles county.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Surprised Miami nor New York are on there
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Here in Phoenix, half the drivers are aggressive and the other half are senior citizens who drive at half the speed limit. It’s a bad combination.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Weird. Could have sworn San Antonio would have ranked higher than Austin.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    worst drivers ive ever seen have had Utah and Arizona plates
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I don't mind aggressive drivers, I think the worst are those fools that block the passing lane.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the cities with the most aggressive drivers are also the cities with the worst congestion.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Okay, the headline says 10 cities, but they list 30?

Orlando #7? I don't see it.

Most aggressive I've experienced have been Washington, DC and Boston, MA and Miami, FL
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    As for congestion... I don't know why a high pollen count would lead to agressive drivers.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Sorry--no DC is BS.......Hands down without a bit of room for variance the worst drivers in this country are in the DC area. And yes I have driven in LA multiple times.

It's not even close.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Orlando doesn't surprise me. Locals and folks commuting for business must be so fucking sick of clueless tourists. There may be more idiots and unsafe drivers in Miami, but not as offensive and aggressive as Orlando.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Surprised that Maine or New Hampshire isn’t on that list ;)))
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @gammanu, could be.
    I am not an I-4 rush hour driver so I don't see that part of it.

When I do need to drive by Mickey World it is ridiculous, but I do hear that with the construction downtown is really bad too.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    About 15 years ago they Denver was ranked #2. There was a big problem with people holding up the fast lane. They finally started pulling over and ticketing these drivers. That seemed like an instantaneous change.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Tourists are the worst
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I'm w/ Papi, I think NYC and MIA are way under ranked. I drive in Philly, Atlanta, Charlotte, Boston all the time and I've driven in most of the other cities at least a few times. I'll agree Atlanta has some bad driers, as does Philly. But they seem more incompetent than aggressive. Like, they'll come in your lane or cut you off, but its because they don't see you. In Miami, they know full fucking well you're there, they'll flip you the bird and curse you out because they somehow feel slighted that you're already in the lane they want to be in. NYC, they at least wait a second and only do that stuff if you don't make room for them. In Miami they'll do it even if you are feeling charitable and let them in.

I feel the opposite of gamma, but I don't drive in Orlando often. I feel like its so overwhelmingly tourists its just idiots. The locals may be more aggressive on a individual basis, but the ratio in Miami is just so much worse. But, maybe the shitty strip clubs in Orlando get the locals extra angry and they take it out on the road. At least in Miami you can stop at basically any of our dozens of clubs and grab a cocktail and feel some titties to mellow you out.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    Little over four years ago I drove in Orlando around Dizzyworld and some guy ran a stop sign and did $3000 of damage to my car. and he got mad at me.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Detroit is on the list. This is surprising to me. I found both San Antonio and Chicago worse when I lived in those cities.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Problem with Miami is people coming from Cuba that have never driven, also traffic laws are not really obeyed in Cuba and people drive and do as they feel (getting around the laws is a way of life for many Cubans) - so they are just very bad drivers, and they are Cuban - the shitty attitudes many Cuban dancers have pretty much translates to everything else including how they drive
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ many don't respect shit when they drive
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    It’s not the drivers who stood out to me in Miami, but the pedestrians. I drove extra defensively there, knowing that many of them wouldn’t necessarily wait their turn to cross the street just because I have a green light. :o
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    While riding in taxi's in Tokyo, I learned that honking your horn is not a warning but rather telling the other driver I see you. Go ahead and do what you want.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I drove for several years in Germany. Very aggressive drivers there, and very fast on the autobahn, but drivers were required to take much more extensive training for a license than here. They knew and largely obeyed the rules of the road, so you knew what to expect, and other drivers expected you to know when you did or didn’t have the right of way. Cruising in the left lane was a serious offense as was passing on the right.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Agree about the pedestrians in Miami, thankfully its somewhat mitigated by the fact that in most areas where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic the auto traffic is so congested you are rarely going fast enough to hurt someone if you hit them, or if they just decide to walk in front of 4 lanes of traffic against the light.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’ve had a drivers license now for over 50 years. 40 of those years driving a big truck. and extraordinary amount of driving in California and Arizona and New Mexico. i’ve been shown an uncountable many times that I’m number one when I drive a big truck. especially in LA. courtesy now is something rare.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I've driven in all the named cities and the list is inane, especiallywith Orlando on it. I learned to drive in Boston and when I drive in Orlandi I am first, all thetime, everywhere,m because to me the drivers are pussies there. In Massachusetts you have to count to 3 after the light turns green before you even think of going. If you don't you get hit by three cars. We have the famed rolling stop, since the first three cars behind a car at a stop sign don't have t o stopwhen they get to it. We have rotaries, an intersection in Worcester mass, with highway off and on ramps has 6 different roads coming together. Cannot believe Boston isn't on the list.
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    Idiotic pedestrians are almost as much of a problem as idiotic drivers. Where I live there's a certain light that pedestrians seem to lose all common sense. Its not even jaywalking when all the cars are gone, I'm talking people who will literally walk out into the middle of the road right in-front of your car as you're going through the light. I always get nervous when I see a pedestrian approaching the "waiting area" because almost none of them even wait for your car to go by.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ one of the pussy drivers @ski referred to
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Pedestrians in San Francisco are so aggressive I often wonder if they are trying to get hit.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If I lived in San Francisco I'd want to get hit. That place is a fucking cess pool. And a sanctuary cess pool to boot.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I love driving fast but not on crowded roads or when there are pedestrians. I'm not risking someone's life.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Aggressive drivers bother me less than stupid/clueless drivers (Miami is mostly the latter) - when I was in NYC years ago I found the drivers were aggressive but they knew how to drive and get out of the way quickly - I also noticed NYC pedestrians knew what they were doing
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    In the Walmart by my crib, the clueless Cubans walk out of the store and don't see a problem waking with their cart straight down the middle of the parking lot where a car can't get by even though 2 cars fit - and god forbid you hunk your horn so they move over to the side
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I don't get where the Cuban sense of entitlement like that comes from
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ racist
    ;-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Nobody can stand the Cubans down here - not the few whites left, nor the blacks, nor other Latinos - most move away from the heavy Cuban areas.

Miami-Dade county is almost 3-million people and it's only 15% Anglo and the # shrinks year by year.

It's not that most Cubans are shitty, it's just too many of them are - it usually takes them ~5 years to acclimate it's just that until recently there were constant new arrivals
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    What happens in strip clubs that the Cubans invade where the other dancers tend to disappear, it's basically a microcosm of what's happened in Miami
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Cuban strippers are starting to do the same thing with locals oriented Vegas clubs.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Actually I'd go DC, Philadelphia, Boston, Las Vegas, Atlanta.

NYC has congestion but for the most part people KNOW how to drive in the conditions around them.

If you count Northern New Jersey btw they seem to be worse than the New Yorkers.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Papi when @ Clubber leaves tell him to shut the lights ;)
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Not a fan of Cuban dancers, but I would love to trade them for the Brazilians who have a similar impact on clubs here. At least I can speak to cubans in their language.,
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion