tuscl

ID Scans at Hi-Liter Phoenix

rh48hr
Wakanda
I went to Hi-Liter unexpectedly Friday night about midnight with a couple friends. We walked up, showed, ID got wanded and entered after paying the cover. We didn't stay long because it was too packed.

Then on Saturday evening, I had arranged to meet my fave. I walk up, bouncer pulls out an iPad asks for ID to scan and doesn't like it when I won't release my ID out of my hand. I tell him I didn't have to get it scanned last night why are they scanning tonight? He just says he does what he's told to do or some shit. I told him I don't allow my ID to be scanned. He says you are welcome to go elsewhere. So I left.

Do the Phoenix mongers have any idea what's going on here? This is so random and when I have to make such a long drive to get there, makes it not worth going unless I'm in the area to stop by and see if they are scanning or not.

Are they scanning at all during the day? I an going to be in the area during the week and will go in as long as they aren't scanning then as well.

Hi-Liter needs to get their shit together. The randomness of this will keep me away when I'm bored and looking for something to do. Not going to waste gas on a 35-40 min drive.

17 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    Why don’t you want it be scanned though? Just curious.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Call the club and ask to tslk to a manager - let him know you're a long time customer and explain your situation - hopefully he won't be a douche but no telling
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    For me scanning ID is a deal breaker, I will walk before allowing any club, with the types of people that work there to have access to the information that is available to scans, I've never been refused entry and I have refused to allow my ID to be scanned.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    Muddy - the same reason 25 spoke of, I don't trust the people that work there to protect my information. Hi-Liter has been in trouble with the law so while I have nothing to fear from law enforcement, I don't trust the people who work there or any strip club for that matter to protect my information. They may seem nice enough, but ultimately I don't know them well enough to trust them.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Muddy there are data breaches regularly at legit companies with well regarded security protocols in place, do you think for one moment that I’d allow info to target and possibly access my business or personal accounts at major financial institutions, that would be as stupid as leaving a pile of cash unattended on the bar while you go to the bathroom.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Many SCers are married and would not want their name in a strip club's database (some people also have a sensitive job that could be affected if they are linked as a frequent strip club customer).

Plus it's a violation of one's privacy - no other business will take possession of a customer's information in order to allow them to enter their business - it's understandable if they wanna see it, but not take possession of your personal information.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If the club has social media then posting one's displeasure on those sites may have an effect
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I stopped going to their sister club, Bandaids, largely because they usually scan. At least they used to.

Hi Liter has done some scanning in the past, but they never scanned my ID.

Let’s hope this is a temporary crowd control thing during Cactus League.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I don't go to clubs that scan ID's. Like 25, I've refused to allow scanning, but unlike him I have been denied entry on the basis that I didn't want my ID scanned. That club is now closed, but I don't think the two are related. I take the same approach at other venues that do the same, with only a few exceptions. My reasoning for objection is similar. The data security practices of both the strip club, the software company they purchased the software from, and potentially any vendor/contractors involved is all highly suspect in my opinion and its just not worth it to me to get scanned.

I have however used my CCWP instead of drivers license a few times. It doesn't have any bardcode/magstrip but does have my picture and DOB. So as long as it isn't one of the optical scanners I'm willing to show it to them.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I suppose they could garner your address, but other than that I don’t know what type of data breach could come of scanning someone’s drivers license.

By the way, you are more than justified by not wanting your address known to strip clubs employees. Funny story to tell at another time, but I’ve had a strip club employee show up at my house one time, and not for OTC. Even though they know where I live, there is nothing they could want from my abode and I have done nothing wrong to incite them coming to my home. It’s my motto: live like you wouldn’t want a scorned stripper/strip club employee coming to your house.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    ID scanning means I'll never visit that club again.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Remember you can always get a fake ID.
  • Chili Palmer
    6 years ago
    Never been scanned at HL. Might be a nighttime thing. Might also be a color of your skin thing. I was at Band-Aids this afternoon and no scan but a pat down. Not a lot of Phi Beta Kappas working at strip clubs.

CP
  • loper
    6 years ago
    Meat, a lot of us don't want it known that we were at a strip club. Could be used for blackmail.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A drivers license is a pretty-strong piece of ID, who knows what can happen if in the wrong hands.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    "Remember you can always get a fake ID."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTHPtoN…
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    CP - The color of my skin thought did pop in my mind, but I asked some white guys who came out if they had their ID.'s scanned and they said yes. So at least on this day it was not that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion