tuscl

OT: I wonder how much a Chik-Fil-A franchise costs ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, March 8, 2019 4:41 PM
b/c owning one is probably a license to print $$$. I'm at one now (~7:30pm) and there's a line inside the store 15-deep plus a line of cars at the drivethru - only place I consistently see with lines.

38 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    $1.3 million about 3 years ago. And that doesn't count the land and building cost. Yes, they are amazingly profitable. All for a simple chicken sandwich.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Total is between 1.7 & 2.4 million, it’s not really a super profitable franchise you can do better with that kind of scratch invested in commercial real estate.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I mean really why would anyone with cash assets exceeding 2-5 million want to work as hard as a restaurant owner. There are so many more profitable venues available for that amount of cash
  • JohnTitor
    5 years ago
    Their lemonade gives me a boner =)
  • Lurker_X
    5 years ago
    There was a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant right next to Chic Fil A in uptown Charlotte. People would through loooong lines to get to Chic Fil A, right in front of Chicken Salad Chick which had no line... Eventually only Chic F A remained open. I don't think CFA's menu is anything remarkable.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    Is their food any good? Would someone who eats clean actually like it? Asking for a friend.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I read an article about this recently. The cost to the franchisee is $10,000. If Chick-Fil-A selects you, it will fund all other start up costs. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Most large franchises have a program like that but it’s generally only available to franchise employees
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    I thought you could not own one. The cost is artificially low but Chick-fil-A owns the restaurant.....unless something is changed.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Chulo...what did you order? :-)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    And you get Sundays off.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    the Ice-T is OK. and the chicken is pretty good too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I always order the Chicken Club meal with a lemonade
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    They only accept about 80 new “operators” each year out of 20,000 applicants.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    A few months ago I heard on the news that it had been ranked as the most preferred fast-food chain
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    A few months ago I heard on the news that it had been ranked as the most preferred fast-food chain
  • King_Gambrinus
    5 years ago
    They do some crazy background check on you to see if you are a “morally upstanding” person. It’s more thorough than a government top secret clearance. I guarantee if you are on TUSCL, you do not meet their standards.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ There’s no fast food franchise that meets my standards;)
  • snowtime
    5 years ago
    $10,000 seems about right. For years the figure was $5000. As others have stared, they are looking for a certain type of candidate. Any member of TISCL would not fit their idea of a franchisee. Typically they are looking for a young married guy who attends church regularly. I think they technically own all the property and facilities, but the franchisee operates it as his own and keeps all the profits. The parent company sells them the product and gets a royalty. It is a very profitable arrangement with minimum upfront capital, IF you qualify.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    The only Truett's Chick-fil-A Luau is located where I live. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I would never would have thought it only took a few thousand, that doesn't sound right - unless the operator/franchisee is more like a glorified manager
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    So FYI you can order most things at chick fil a well done. I prefer their fries that way but even the nuggets are interesting well done. In and out also does well done fries.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    Just went to a chick fil a tonight. Always a long line. Their strategy isnt rocket science. They treat thier staff well, they invest in high quality products, and they arent hell bent on expansion.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    if they do a moral background check... well i’m dead.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I recall a story about the Atlanta Falcons new billion-dollar stadium where Chick-Fil-A had a restaurant which wouldn't be open on most of the Falcons' home-games since Chick-Fil-A doesn't open on Sundays (although the stadium holds other events)
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    The Mercedes-Benz stadium concessions list notes that on Sundays, Chick-fil-A is replaced by “Fries Up,”
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    chick fil a is nasty. i had it years ago, got a moldy chicken nugget, fuck them and their politics
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I am not a fan of fast food, but when the need arises we only eat at Chik-fil-A, simply because its a moral, christian owned company and semen stains like Icey won't go there. It is a pleasure to eat with Americans and not dirty progressives.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    They were not open for the super bowl
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Quality wise and experience with the staff it is by far the best chain. The fact lefties hate it just makes it better.
  • Piggie
    5 years ago
    My pleasure!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Here are the facts you will see that it’s not very profitable the parent company takes a whopping 15% of gross sales and an even more extreme 50% of gross profits although it can be argued the 10K but in makes these terms attractive the company’s right to buy your franchise back from you at a fairly low price and with no reason other than you’ve become too profitable and they desire your franchise for themselves Chick-fil-A franchisees pay just $10,000 to open a new restaurant. Chick-fil-A pays for all startup costs — including real estate, restaurant construction, and equipment — and leases everything to its franchisees for an ongoing fee equal to 15% of sales plus 50% of pretax profit remaining.May 7, 2018 What it costs to open a Chick-fil-A - Business Insider
  • ime
    5 years ago
    It always seemed to me that to make money owning franchises you have to own a bunch of them for it really to be worth it, and that would be with any chain.
  • JohnTitor
    5 years ago
    SJWs hate it, so it's cool with me. Fuck the inclusion and weird lifestyle motherfuckers
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Skibum, you admitted to using drugs, swinging and fucking hookers. Yet are talking about Christian morality.....okay
  • samsung1
    5 years ago
    10,000 is low compared to 45,000 mcdonalds franchise fee.... but remember part of the background check is your net worth. If you have less than 750k net worth forget it. I wonder franchise cost for deja vu strip club lol
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Chick filet is good for fast food
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I don’t get it. There’s like 2 things on the menu. Chicken sandwich or Spicey chicken sandwich.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion