tuscl

Clubs on your bucket list

mark94
Arizona
I read that the Cabaret Club in El Paso has been closed down for drugs and prostitution. That club was high on my bucket list of clubs I wanted to visit. Now, it will never be.

Another set of clubs I’d like to visit once are the Korean bars in Houston. I’m not aware of anything else quite like it in the US.

What clubs are on your bucket list ? Doesn’t have to be an extras club but should be something unique. Extra points for clubs that are not the obvious choices in Atlanta, Detroit, etc.

27 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Studio 54
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I don't get to travel much and love strip clubs and love variety - over the last few years I've taken some SC trips and got to experience a good # of clubs I had learned about after joining TUSCL and it was cool experiencing those clubs - for most of my TUSCL years it was kinda an exciting adventure to experience clubs new to me and particularly outside my local-area as they would usually provide a different vibe and w.r.t. SCing I like/prefer to experience new-things vs repeating what I've done b/f - so in the past there were always a handful of clubs I really wanted to experience - but as I've been posting for a while, I have lost a lot of my SC-gusto and right now not as eager to be taking SC trips.

So there aren't any clubs that I really really wanna visit as in the past - but there are some I'd like to visit more-so to satisfy my curiosity:

* Hong Kong - mainly just to see what it's like - since I'm primarily and almost exclusively into ebony dancers, HK is not a must-see/have for me, more of a curiosity item

* King Henry VIII (LA) - black club which I learned about on TUSCL and have always read the reviews of it - kinda just wanna see what it's like after having read many reviews

* Ebonny Inn (near DC) - another black club I got to learn about via the TUSCL reviews - most black clubs don't get a lot of reviews but EI gets a good # of reviews and I kinda just wanna see it w/ my own PL-eyes after several years of reading reviews
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Hong Kong and Henry VIII definitely belong on the Bucket List. Each has a unique vibe.

A couple gone but not forgotten clubs would have been Wild Goose near LAX and the Million Dollar Club ( or some such name ) in Dallas. The first was homey and friendly while the latter had stunning dancers in a true gentleman’s club. It’s been years since I’ve been to Dallas. Maybe a club like that still exists.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I found this article about the Million Dollar Saloon. It really was one of a kind when it opened.

In 1981, when Don Furrh opened the Million Dollar Saloon on Greenville Avenue-the first upscale topless club in Dallas and, perhaps, the first of its kind in the country-he announced that the place was named for its price tag. That seemed a staggering investment in a business previously thought to cater to the shallow-pocketed masses of bored husbands, blue-collar rowdies, perverts, college boys, and 5 dirty old men. Could that market pay for the pink palace that didn’t = even look like a topless joint? Valet parking at a strip bar? A VIP S room? Lights and sound to rival a Stones concert? Hey, this is a place > where guys go to look at naked women.

But Furrh had found the pulse and hit a vein. The suits and gold chains showed up in droves, and instead of holding old pick-ups and Chevettes, the parking lot on most nights was curb-to-curb yupmo-biles. Dancers were pocketing-G-stringing, actually-as much as $10,000 a month in tips. The but-toned-down boys in the glass caverns from Commerce Street to Las Colinas, the rich young professional athletes, the conventioning professionals, and corporate executives had found a playground and the sexually oriented business (SOB, as it is known in licensing circles) would never be the same. Were Don Furrh alive today, he might be a little astonished at the world he helped create. A million bucks would barely cover the wall hangings in the “gentlemen’s clubs” being built today.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    I do have particular scenes on my bucket list. Gotta hit Miami hard. And get a little more money and hit up Manhattan and check it out.

Famous clubs that I do want to hit though would be Mons and Tootsies.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    If/when Follies gets shut down I can see a Floriduh road trip happening. Down the west coast and back up the east coast. Lingering in south FL for a couple of days.
    6 years ago
    Btw I think the Cab being closed might just be more temporary, news articles refer to “suspension” so they might be allowed to reopen after a hearing with some changes. Maybe if they get rid of the drug issues.
    6 years ago
    My bucket list has been changing for 50 years, with every conquest accomplished there is at least one more added.

In my teens it started with reading Playboy articles about the Mansion parties and exploits at Trapeze and other swing clubs. Then hot spots like New York, California and Miami. It included cruise ships full of nudists and swingers and of course the Caribbean oasis’s like Hedonism and the sex clubs on the Yucatán. After visiting most of these places I reloaded the list with far flung locations from Holland and Germany to Thailand.

Over many years the desire and drive to see it all and do it all has waxed and waned making room for raising a family, building a company and various real life issues. I was lucky to have a wife who supports the quest to experience everything and she accompanied me to most of the places and most of the stateside club visits as well.

I recognize @Papi’s ambivalence since I’ve been there a couple times myself, I suggest the pendulum will swing back for him though. Papi, since I think you’ve been spending time at Haulover, maybe look into some of the worldwide nude areas in other countries, there is a whole town on the French Riviera, called Cap D’Al or something like that, you might want to add to your list.

Now that so much of my bucket list is done, I’m considering Columbia and other Central and South American locales. I’ve also got a desire to spend time at some more of the New Jersey clubs and in all my travels and thousands of club visits we have never spent a week or a weekend in Detroit just clubbing, so that will be in the future. I hope that scene survives intact at least until I get the time to experience it.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Don’t really have a bucket list of strip clubs, there seem to be four basic types of clubs and we have them all down here in South Florida, there’s upscale, which depends on your mood and pocketbook, there’s mid level, seems to be most common, there are dives which can be fun but mostly have girls that don’t quite rate as well as the other two, and there’s AA clubs that depending on the thug factor can be a shit ton of fun or scary, most seem to be some variation of these and as I said we have all of them here in my market area.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    Being an extras Monger and living 20 minutes from COI, I don't have SCs on my bucket list.

I want to check out Diamond Dolls in Florida someday but if I don't I will be OK.

My bucket list is outside the US: Thailand, Germany, the Philippines, and Columbia.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I got to get myself to an FKK in Germany somehow. I know those are not strip clubs, but still on my bucket list.

As far as strip clubs, I would like to check out Mitchell Brothers in San Fran sometime.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Somewhere in Japan or Taiwan.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    sc,

"If/when Follies gets shut down I can see a Floriduh road trip happening. "

That almost makes me hope they shut it down, my friend!
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    @mark94 - what are the Houston Korean bars?
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Along Telegraph Road in Houston there are, I think, seven tiny bars with a small number of older Korean women “ hostesses” who give “dances” in the back rooms. They are reviewed on TUSCL.

I’ve never been to any of them but the reviews are unlike anything I’ve read elsewhere.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I’d forgotten about Mitchell Brothers. Back in the day, there was nothing else like it. Different theme rooms and sex shows. It could be damned expensive but women were hot and the experience was memorable. This was before the internet, so I didn’t fully appreciate what the club offered until I experienced it first hand.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    @clubber

From my friends stories Japan and Korea are not good mongering havens.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    My impression is there are lots of options for Japanese in Japan, and Koreans in Korea, but very limited opportunities for westerners. Hong Kong, on the other hand, is welcoming to westerners.

One of my favorites in Phoenix is Taiwanese. Saves on airfare !
  • captainfun
    6 years ago
    Papi. I’ve been to Ebony Inn in D.C. and King Henry VIII in L.A.

You’d love them both. EI is a bit hood, like a step below Blaze in Atlanta. Henry VIII is a nicer physical place than I would have expected. Lots of fine AA girls in that place.

I was supposed to make a first trip to HK in TJ in two weeks but now need to be somewhere else. Will try again on May trip back that way.
  • captainfun
    6 years ago
    No where I’m dying to visit though I’m due to get back to the Phoenix area. Also wouldn’t mind mulling about in Houston a bit.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Are there any clubs besides hk adelitas and chicago club?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @Captain

Thanks for the info
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    @Countryman5434

There are a few other clubs in TJ but you named the best three, among the others are Deja Vu, Playboy Club, and Amenesia.

Your experience may very but I didn't find any if them worth my time, the main appeal might be to get away from the crowds and find a diamond.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    I only have HK on my bucket list
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Crist,

"From my friends stories Japan and Korea are not good mongering havens."

Doesn't matter to me. Never going there in any case, so my imagination can run wild! Sometime imagining is better than real life. :)
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    If you want your imagination to run wild, check out go141. Photos and videos of hundreds of Asian working girls, especially in Hong Kong.

https://go141.com/index2.php
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    To each their own, "sometime imagining is better than the real thing", not to me, I prefer only the real thing and I work to make it happen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion