tuscl

fentanyl deaths

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:44 PM
Over 70k overdose deaths last year (not all from fentanyl). This seems like a real national emergency. The type of emergency needing firing squads and possible military action. Shit, we could fill a football stadium with that many people.

19 comments

• Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    Thats more americans dead in one year than in all of the vietnam war. Im not opposed to executions. They just found two guys in nj with 20 kilos of fentanyl at a rest stop. Hang em high and people will think twice about trafficking. Carfentinal is even more dangerous and is basically a WMD in the wrong hands.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Fucking druggie loser.
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    I agree the war on drugs has been a total failure and im in favor of legalizing weed but its essentially legalized opioids that are responsible for the current crisis. Legalized, over-prescribed opiates created a demand for shit like carfentinal that wasnt there ten years ago. You cant just legalize fentanyl - 70,000 will be 150000 next year. Then itll be 50000 then none after the herd eventuay thins itself but i dont think thats the way to go. Lets just bringback executions lol
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    Many junkies love thefentanyl and seek it out. They know its there and just push it too far for the ultimate high. Thats the nature of the addiction
  • elvis2
    5 years ago
    I buried my son 18 months ago due to fentanyl. Nothing else to say.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    So sad Elvis. Sorry to hear that. Fentanyl is incredibly inexpensive, so shady dealers everywhere are cutting it into their drugs to increase profits without telling their customers. The Mexican cartels are doing this and also shipping large cuantities of fentanyl across the border. There have been a lot of fentanyl seizures at the border by border patrol over the past year.
  • AZFourTwenty
    5 years ago
    Legalizing all drugs will not eliminate the black market. Legal drug or not, addicts will still OD.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Not so sure that legalization will do much to stop cartels according to this article. [view link] It certainly not going to stop people from overdosing.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ @DC "Almost nobody willing goes for fentanyl. That's just fucking stupid." But willingly using Heroin, Crack, Loser Leaf, Opiates, Nicotine, Alcohol, and other drugs isn't stupid?
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Pot legalization has definitely decreased the price of pot and increased access. hard drugs are a big problem with no easy answers. Signaling a desire to attack the opiod crisis is one of Trump's best moves, but I hope we see some strong follow through and results.
  • BN1ce
    5 years ago
    Would it be fair to say that people often overlook the regulation wide of legalization, helping to reduce overdoses? If drugs were legal all drugs sold had to pass quality controls and you could buy clean needles and drugs simultaneously i how that would reduce accidental overdoses. I really dont think if heroin were legal more people would do it , definitely not in significant numbers anyway. If anything it would just be safer for the junkies who already use and would be using anyway,
  • BN1ce
    5 years ago
    Would it be fair to say that people often overlook the regulation wide of legalization, helping to reduce overdoses? If drugs were legal all drugs sold had to pass quality controls and you could buy clean needles and drugs simultaneously i how that would reduce accidental overdoses. I really dont think if heroin were legal more people would do it , definitely not in significant numbers anyway. If anything it would just be safer for the junkies who already use and would be using anyway,
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Not an issue in my world. The single biggest waste of taxpayer money is the addiciton scam and treatment. Useless waste of money and resoiurces. Spend money to give people free drugs? No thanks, let them exercise their right to ruin their lives, on their own dime.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @elvis2 I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, I couldn’t imagine what you’re going through, one of my best friends lost a daughter the same way to meth, it was a horrible time for them, they are now raising a grand daughter in their late seventies. This is a tragedy for our times, it’s such a difficult problem and the solution is nowhere near, young people should think about this differently but that’s a large reason for this pandemic, young folks think they’re invulnerable.
  • JohnTitor
    5 years ago
    safe injection sites for junkies is working GREAT in Seattle! /sarcasm
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    James you are out of your mind when you say legal marijuana has lowered the cost of weed. It raised the cost through the roof here. A half ounce of kosher kush, bought legally in massachusetts cost me $200, plus $40 tax. Today I will buy an ounce of Ghost Train Haze from my regular guy for $240.00.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Fucking losers.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I'm surprised that Mexico has not tried to sue the U.S.. If it wasn't for our demand for illegal drugs, they won't have such a big problem.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ??? Then I guess we could sue Mexico for allowing their cartels to bring contraband across the border.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion