tuscl

Today’s Capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically we

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
Monday, March 4, 2019 7:40 PM
“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. The future generations; our children and grandchildren will not hold us guiltless...” Title says it all.

25 comments

• Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Blocked
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    I’ve seen the terms snowflake and safe space used a lot. Can someone help me understand what they mean?
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Fuck people's children and grandchildren.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    The US hasn’t been capitalist since WW2. Arguably before that.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am starting to thi k that I am smarter than CJKent
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    CJ, thank goodness that you are not in any position to make any decisions that will affect my life. Mack, you are smarter than that idiot.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Do you guys realize how deplorably you sound???? You oppose living wages, sustainable development and fair opportunities.... then spout racist classist extreme right wing bs.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @BoringLoser: Snowflake: a derogatory term for anyone with whose opinion the speaker disagrees, but can’t think of any rational basis for that disagreement. Se also “ad hominem”. Ironically, mostly used by conservatives who also seem to get their panties in a wad when they see two men holding hands in public. Safe space: A place where people who think the world would be better off populated solely by people like themselves can feel “safe” from the criticism and derision their opinions bring about from people who can actually think. Used by lefties and righties in almost equal numbers, the desire is usually that such a safe space be carved out of other people’s property, rather than just going home and shutting the door.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^ He's not wrong.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    @Warrior: "... thank goodness that you are not in any position to make any decisions that will affect my life." _______________ I'm a red-blooded capitalist too, @Warrior. But we went through a near financial meltdown caused by Wall Street greed and incompetence, writing dogshit mortgages and derivatives. Something like 40% of the wealth in this country is generated in finance, by those who sometimes add *negative* value to our economy. We lost about 9M jobs during the recession and almost 10M lost their homes -- and it could have been prevented with enough regulation built into the system. That's why it's important to vote for leaders who understand what happened. Isn't that right, @Warrior? @Warrior, you mentioned that you work in sales. Just curious, did you have anything to do with sale of mortgage-backed securities or derivatives during the crash?
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Bullshit randon. Total fucking bullshit. The financial meltdown was caused by the AMERICAN PEOPLE. Greedy, lazy, useless fucks thinking they could live the life of thwe wealthy using refinancing and oincreasing home values as a means, as opposed to work. The firm I used to work for was a Real Estate firm and while I did no Real Estate, since being a glorified paralegal isn't for me, I got to file lawsuits on a lot of the cases and listen the partners whine. We lost many clients whom we told they could not afford to take out the mortgage offered, when they went to another lawyer who gladly took their money. Watching people making 80k a year buy a house worth 4 times mine and 2 new cars was mind boggling. Now they have nothing but some childish random bitterness and we still own our little house which we renovated and our cars and toys. The people who Random wants to elect are the same people who bullied the banks, under the farce called red lining, into loaning people money who couldn't pay it back. All the left has to offer is stealing money from those who contribute and buying votes of those who don't with it. Rather burn the fucking country to the ground than let the left have it.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Skibum while I agree wth your sentiments the folks that actually relaxed the mortgage guidelines were George W Bush’s folks the liar loans and ballon payments were a travesty but let’s be honest there’s enough blame to go around a hundred times over.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I don't hold banks harmless 25 and the idea the government bailed any bank out with taxpayer money is a disgrace, but I don't feel sorry for people who get conned and I don't feel sorry for people who expect others to protect them. Bush could only sign legislation presented to him, he didn't change the underwriting rules and he didn't approve drive by appraisals. What is really fucked up about all of this is that it happened in the 80's with the S+L crisis. Same damn thing and no one learned. When we went house shopping the bank was thrilled to let us know we were pre-qualified for over 500k, so we paid $182,500.00 for our house and borrowed 120k. We protect ourselves and have no use for those who don't, but I do agree that there are plenty of culprits and the greedy people I mentioned came from all walks of life, including one former friend, who didn't like me telling him he shouildn't buy the dream house he wanted.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    All I can say is the home I currently own cost $175K in 1998 when I bought it, at the peak of all the insanely about 2007 I received close to a million dollar offer, and turned it down, currently the value is approaching between $650-$700K but in order to buy anything comparable I would need to spend more than I’d net, so now as then I prefer to stay right where I am.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I get ya 25 we bought our house in 2/99 and received insane offers over time. Never took one because we have to live somewhere and by selling we'd just be overpaying for something else. My idea was to sell in 2006, take a year off to ski and hike, move back, wait for the crash and then buy. Wife laughed right up until 2011 when I informed her we could have moved spent 200k skiing and partying and living, moved back and bought the house back for cash. In any event who cares. I plan on dying first and leaving it to my wife to figure out what to do with what we have left.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    "The people who Random wants to elect are the same people who bullied the banks, under the farce called red lining, into loaning people money who couldn't pay it back. " __________ This is the typical response from the right about the cause of the financial meltdown. It's a zombie idea; no matter how often or how forcefully you present the facts, it will never die. Your statement is nearly identical to what I've telling @WarrenBoy: the right blames the financial crisis on forced government lending to the poor. Believing that Obama was born in Kenya is harmless and makes you look like a high school dropout; believing that that government forced the banks to make bad loans is an important lie, but just that -- a big fucking lie. For the tenth time, there was a parallel securitization path for mortgages and Wall Street securitized all but 17% of those loans in 2006. The other 83% had absolutely nothing to do with government lending or policy. Still waiting to hear from @Warrior. Curious to know whether he sold MBS and CDOs to clueless pension managers during the bubble years. Want to open your ears @SkiBirther? Read Alan Blinders book, "After the Music Stopped." I have several other recommendations, too. Now go smoke some weed, @SkiBirther.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    They can't admit that the problem is capitalist greed coz they support said greed and feel they have more in common with the rich than being one medical emergency away from homelessness.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    "They can't admit that the problem is capitalist greed " __________ Exactly. And in this case the facts are easy to nail down in an afternoon or so. But the Big Lie persists forever.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Oh Ran-Dumb-Member . Sorry to disappoint you. No, I had nothing to do with the institutional side of the business. I was a regional manager in the retail division advising individual clients. At my last position, I have a couple hundred Advisors reporting up thru me.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ^^ had. I run my own businesses now.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Okay, just checking.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’m far from one medical emergency away from being homeless and none of my immediate family has any worries, not my fault that you don’t have a pot to piss in, and not about to pick up the slack for such a lazy entitled loser like yourself. Get your ass in gear and do something to better yourself, a good place for you to start, would be learn to get along with others, and stop calling people derogatory names, I know you think you’re telling it like it is but believe me you really don’t know how it is.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ that was for fat boi
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    "Mack, you are smarter than that idiot." Thanks warriors
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I agree with the OP. These issues have always been a problem in the United States. But things turned to pure hell when Ronald Reagan was elected. SJG Ocasio-Cortez hopes to 'break this fourth wall' by responding to 'bad-faith attacks' [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion