tuscl

Dancer earnings during holiday weeks

Thursday, January 1, 2004 1:05 PM
My ATF wanted to work Christmas week and New Years week rather than travel to a family reunion. Are these weeks lucrative for dancers?

8 comments

• Yoda
    21 years ago
    I'd bet that neighborhood clubs suffer the most during the warm weather holidays. I guess it depends on if your club is located in a "go to" or "getaway from" area...
  • Jolicouer23
    21 years ago
    Dusty, you're lucky. Those are the two holidays (plus Veteran's Day) that I have worked in the past few years and all three seperate days have been consistently lousy for us!
  • niceass
    21 years ago
    The three day holidays are either feast or famine, depending on the day and the club. I remember on labor day week in a neighborhood club with regular customers. The dancers were all complaining that they they made about of quarter of normal week because everyone had vacationed. It seemed to effect that club severely in particular.
  • tom_pb
    21 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback. I think she was just trying to avoid seeing her family over the holidays.
  • dusty
    21 years ago
    Memorial day and Labor Day are huge money days... I loved working those nights..
  • Jolicouer23
    21 years ago
    I'd say it depends. I don't work on holidays as I prefer to be with family, but I work around the holidays. Most times earnings increase around the holidays, but it depends. Last year earnings stayed the same but this past year they increased.
  • Yoda
    21 years ago
    The day before Christmas is busy in my area. Other than that, most girls I know complain about moey being way down around the holidays. Monday holidays-the ones that generate 3 day weekends-can be very good days
  • WhtUHvBnWtng4
    21 years ago
    I accually heard one girl say that she made less on holidays like Christmas and New years. She did tell me that she made a lot more money on holidays like Memorial Day, St. Patricks day, Labor Day, and Valentines day was her biggest.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion