tuscl

Why are some retail store chains still in business?

crazyjoe
Colorado
I went to a Tractor Supply Company store today. Got what I was after and went to the register and nobody was there. Other employees walk by and ignore. This is not the first time.

Why do I wait to pay instead of walking out the door with whatever?

15 comments

• JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Because despite the temptation of walking out with merchandise, EVERY PLACE has cameras by now, and you'd be fucked.
    You're welcome.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Cause you're chicken instead of crazy ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - service is pretty-bad in many stores - I assume the low-pay has a lot to do with it, as well as a healthy job market where there aren't many good employees available for hiring and people in these jobs may not be too concerned about losing their current job.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Because they are secretly in love with you and wanted to keep you around longer.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Maybe Tractor Supply needs to see how Walmart does it. They tend to understaff too but keep customers coming back to buy their shit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    At least Walmart has the self checkout lines - the old Cuban lady cashiers at my local Walmart take their sweet time and think having a conversation with their workmate takes priority over the customer - thus I use self checkout as much as possible
  • likes2look
    6 years ago
    The corporate overlords demand stores keep labor costs low. Thus managers chronically understaff to keep out of trouble and assure the CEO his bonus.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    crazyjoe, would it help if they had some Hooters / Tilted Kilt / Viet Coffee girls to help you find what you need?

SJG
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    The low unemployment rate is killing service. Waits are long at restaurants and gas station attendants are surly.

I also imagine a lot of brick and mortar stores have cut employees and hours, hurting morale. Plus they want you to use an app on your phone to find what you're looking for and pay by self check out
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    It is impossible to find good workers right now.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    paying is a chumps game
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Sjg said... "crazyjoe, would it help if they had some Hooters / Tilted Kilt / Viet Coffee girls to help you find what you need?"

This may make everything better. Good scenery needs to be admired...
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    @twentyfive... true, but I am truing to stay away from the dark side now
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    @ JamesSD and longball that is true

@ tittyfag... get a hobby

@ Papi Chulo self check lines are awesome! I use them every chance I get
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    @ nicespice... lol one never knows haha
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now