tuscl

A Club for Every Day (of the Week)?

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Monday, February 18, 2019 7:37 AM
Somewhat inspired by the 'Sunday afternoon in Miami' post, but mainly as a random thought...I found myself wondering how many clubs I've visited every day of the week. It seems to me that a place would have to strike a balance of available talent during the week and calm during the weekends (for most of us: I don't mind 'louder' clubs) to merit checking off all seven boxes. I think the only place I've visited every day is Adult World in Harrisburg, PA: oddly enough, the only Monday visit I specifically remember was Presidents' Day last year. I've visited Follies and Ebony Inn on five days, and Tootsies will join that list if I go to this 305 party in a couple of weeks, which is likely. So, TUSCLers...what clubs (if any) have you visited every day?

14 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    hmmmm....... I like variety, and I travel around a lot. So I tend not to go into many individuals clubs a lot. But that is a very good thought. Some clubs are awesome on a weekday afternoon, but on the weekend are dead. Some are a lot of fun earlier in the week, but get too crowded later in the week. To answer your question, I'm thinking Mons Venus in Tampa would be the only one for me for all 7 days of the week.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    HKTJ. It was a goal to visit everyday of the week and I finally visited on a Tuesday when I met my CF.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose there has to be a bit of loyalty involved to hit any spot that often. I'll experiment with clubs to a certain extent, but I'm liable to go with the tried and true at some point when I travel. Outside of Tootsies, none of my 'highly visited' clubs has any real competition locally. DC and Atlanta policies make EI and Follies the only game in town. Funny thing is, Tuesday is the day that separates the 5s from the 4s for me...and my last Tuesday visit to Follies and lone Tuesday visit to EI were the same day (I flew from Atlanta to Baltimore). Tuesday is also the day of the above mentioned party at Tootsies, and going to Inner Room on a Tuesday would put it into the "group of 5". Tuesdays and Thursdays seem to be the hard days because Tuesdays are usually when I'm off vacations and Thursdays are the days I travel to start them.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I've been to a number of south Florida clubs all 7 days. Tootsies, Diamond Dolls, at least 2 of the Cheetahs for sure if not all 3, probably a bunch more. Most have significantly different vibes vibes throughout the week but I'm fine with that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Liking variety I don't have allegiance to any one particular club - but there are a few that I def visit more than others in part b/c I like what they have to offer and in part b/c the other clubs quite don't offer enough of what I like for me to consistently spend my somewhat limited funds on - the first couple of years after I joined TUSCL I was in a PL-knowledge acquisition-phase where I wanted to explore as many clubs as possible and wanted to experience what different clubs had to offer - after a while I dwindled down my club-rotation to about 4-clubs that offered me the best value-proposition and would visit clubs out of my rotation once in a blue-moon when I was bored. The club in my rotation that I've visited the most has been The Body Club - given that I don't plan my SC visits and just go when in the mood, I can only assume I've hit this club every day of the week in my dozens and dozens of visits - I can assume I've hit probably 3 or 4 other clubs every day of the week since again I can go whenever, and I have really SCed my ass-off over the last 5+ years meaning likely I've hit my fave clubs every day of the week at some point - but I would not know for sure since that is not something that ever got on my PL-mind for me to notice or keep track of.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Tootsies will join that list if I go to this 305 party in a couple of weeks ..." What is this about and when is it?
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    5 years ago
    Only Follies for me. I use to visit the club exclusively on weekends but now I almost always go only during the weekdays.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    @Papi: DJ Laz is going to be there March 5. There's also going to be a 'special performance' type concert and a wet T-shirt contest (at an all-nude club, this makes no sense...but whatever). Assuming I go, I'm going for Laz. If he plays his old hits, that'll make it worth it for me. If there's a show that gets as wild as nights at Zippers used to get - where I saw tricks turned on stage I've never come close to seeing at a SC - then that's icing on the cake. For those not from South Florida or unfamiliar with Laz, Laz (Lazaro Mendez) is most famous for his time as a DJ on Power 96 in Miami. He pioneered the fusion of Latin sound and Miami bass, and had a lot of hits (including Miami el Negro, Esa Morena, Sabrosura, and Journey Into Bass) in the 90s and owned a club called Zippers. Zippers had 18+ nights on Friday and Saturday, where they often had 'dance' contests for the women. Clothing was optional more often than not. Laz sold the club in 1998, and the new owners decided to turn it into a SC...called Scarlett's.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ interesting - I'm familiar w/ DJ Laz but not exactly a fan per se since I was never really that much of a dance-club guy - used to hit the dance clubs in the late-80s as a teen b/c that is what my friends wanted to do. Sounds like it may be fun although I tend to avoid packed special-events - I wonder if the cover-charge will be higher? About 3 or 4 years ago at PT's in Hialeah I think DJ Laz was there DJing and it was kinda an event/party - they had a roasted-pig laying out which is a traditional Cuban get-together thing.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    I can't imagine it being that packed on a Tuesday...if I can, I'll probably try to get there before 8 and see if it's free. There was no different pricing listed on the flyer on the club site, so my guess is that pricing will be normal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ you'd be surprised - it may not go on till the wee-hours but I would not be surprised if there was a good crowd till at least midnight - especially if it's gotten some more publicity outside of a flyer on Tootsies' website (I assume it's been spread on social-media) - how did you hear about it?
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    I saw the flyer on the site. Last week I was driving home from Dade and saw something on the billboard by Scarlett's that I needed to verify. Went to their website and confirmed that my vision on the road was right re: their lunch special. I figured that since ownership was the same it was worth the 15 seconds to see if Tootsies had a similar deal (they don't) and that was when I saw the 305 flyer.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I know I've been to hiliter in Phoenix every day of the week (not in the same week of course). I'd be willing to bet the same applies for blue moon lounge here too.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    ...for me, Desires in Providence. Might alternate between days and nights, though, depending on the day if the week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion