tuscl

Common stripper question

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
"So - have you been here before?"

Part of me thinks it's just an ice-breaker or just something to talk about - but a part of me thinks she either wants to know if I know what the club is about (e.g. if it's an extras club and if I know that then I may be interested in playing/paying) - and part of me thinks she wants to know if I'm a newb to the club so she can potentially take advantage of an uninformed custy.

27 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    I think I lean ice breaker. I like to be honest anyway, I know that goes against norm advice here, but if I’m from out of town, I’m from out of town. It’s all good, I can open that up to a more interesting discussion, let her open up a little bit. They ain’t getting over on me anyway, I’m too fucking cheap.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I need to watch how I answer this or Subraman will call me weak and intimidated.

I think it's a little of both. Its an easy, non threatening ice breaker. But your answer could tell her a lot. Do you already have someone you see there ? Are you going to come back so she should try to build a relationship ? Can she ROB you and then never see you again ?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Partly an icebreaker. Partly to see how new you are to the club (or strip clubs in general).
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    You guys are weak and easily intimidated - you need to watch Subraman's "How to kick ass and take names in strip clubs" instructional video-series
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    "Does it matter? Even if I have been here before it would not be the same as being here with you"
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Like you said, it's pretty common and I think it's mostly an ice breaker but I've got enough experience that I can handle whatever her reason. So not to worry!
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    She wants to figure out if you come often and also if you live in the area versus being from out of town. If you come often and/or are local to the area, she is gauging your potential as a regular. Strippers want to put together a line-up of guys that regularly come in to see them and spend money. It is the closest thing she can get to a stable weekly/monthly income. It beats approaching every single random guy every single night: the equivalent of cold calling in sales. In the strip club game, strippers always give priority to regular spenders versus unknowns, but she has to cultivate the regulars from unknowns first.

Also, if you do not come to the club often or are visiting from out of town, she might be more inclined to quote you higher dance/VIP prices since you may not know the pricing scheme at the club. If she is a ROB, you will get lower mileage or scammed since she thinks its easiest to get away with on guys she will never see again.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I kinda lean towards the last-paragraph of sinclair's post - particularly when I get asked the question right after she approaches me w/o us having had much of a discussion or gotten dances to gauge one another.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    That does come up. I don’t want to infer that I will never this person again. I always say something like, I come through often, or I’ll come through again next month (which is true in a lot of cases anyway) because maybe I actually would like to be a return customer. I’ve done on that road a few times already and it’s been a fucking blast.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    All of it is to see whether or not you can be scammed.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I have long stopped asking that question with customers—waaay too many defensive responses along the lines of “just once before. I don’t really go to places like this normally.” Or if young and egotistical enough—the classic “I can get laid anytime I want!”

My assumption is most are just trying to make conversation.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^Oh fuck she’s met before! I CAN I TELL YA!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    You really are a paranoid bunch of people, sometimes a question is just a question!
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    Both an Ice breaker for small talk AND to see what you know. I rarely get asked that question in the clubs I now frequent. Mainly because that bartender, bouncer, DJ and owner usually know me and greet me with handshake (real handshake) or hugs. Kind of blows the newbie part out the window. The one club that always asks is a FS EXTRAS CLUB. I always say, “ yep, been here before! Here is my $150. I have cover, let’s do this!”. Saves a lot of time.
  • clres007
    6 years ago
    Also a subtle way of figuring out if you are waiting for your CF if you have one especially in a busy club.
  • NeverEnuf
    6 years ago
    Not much different from "How long have you worked here?" or "Which other clubs have you worked at?"
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    I pretty much agree with every single thing everyone has said on this thread even if they contradict each other.

If it’s my regular place I usually don’t let on that I’ve been there dozens of times. I’ll admit to having been there “a few times before”.
    If it’s a new place I’ll say something like “not this particular club, but I’ve been meaning to give it a try”
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    It can be either/or, and between dancers I'm sure it varies. Re: a dancer trying to take advantage, I already know what the prices are thanks to being here. If she quotes something above that, I politely decline without telling her that I know what's up. One girl at Mustangs was really mad that I turned her down for $15 dances when I read they were supposed to be $10...and was going to Ebony Inn later, where the dances were $10. I drank my water and headed to EI about 30 minutes later.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    How about, "Yeah, I was here a couple weeks ago. Are BJs still 20 bucks?"
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Woah, must be a swanky club! I only charge 50 cents.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL. Is Nina your mentor?
  • Ch3ll
    6 years ago
    I immediately think it's her attempt to be a ROB. I typically respond yeah I've been here a few times. Then the convo usually turns to another topic. The question itself has me put up my guard, but as some have mentioned it's probably an ice breaker of hers. I might have to play the newbie card and see if one tries to be a ROB.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Another thing I say when it’s a familiar place is “yeah, but I don’t think I’ve seen you before” or if it’s a girl i recognize but haven’t talked to before I’ll tell her that. It helps move the conversation on and gives her a chance to talk about herself.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I like flags answer.
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    I have been asked that and then the next question. ‘Your not a cop are you?’
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I ask the same question back.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    It depends on the club. If its a small locals club, it can be small talk or figuring to see what her hustle should be ie for a one time visitor vs potential regular. If its a larger or touristy club its to size you up whether or not you know how things work there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion