• bubba267
    5 years ago
    Sorry. ..I like it.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Love the constructive criticism.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    It's alright. Prior setup was easier to scroll down to city you want, click on city and all the clubs in that city appear on one page. Not great, but not worth bitching about IMO
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    5 years ago
    With my iPad held in the vertical orientation, it’s similar to the previous layout, which I like: a single, scrollable column sorted as selected. But I usually surf holding my iPad in the horizontal orientation. The three columns of tiles is rather annoying, esp. since the rows are often not aligned. It is too visually jarring and nowhere near compensates for having more info on the screen. I’d much prefer a single column in both orientations, even as it means leaving plenty of open space on the screen.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    The only problem I've ever had with the club list is how it DOESN'T default to "Most recent review."
  • JeffTUSCL
    5 years ago
    Why don't we just get rid of all the drop-shadow boxes and any styling at all. It's about 99% there already. I mean, it's only 2019, who needs a web UI? Just give us plain text and links. Take it all the way to Courier New. Or maybe it's the menu. Sometimes it's on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes a the top. Same links in menu? Why bother? Make it different in every variation. Sometimes a favorites link, sometimes not. Sometimes a login link, sometimes not. Sometimes icons next to the words, sometimes not. One step further and it can be made 100% random. Just roll the dice. What I'm saying is although the site is interesting for it's content, from a usability standpoint it's eye rape.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    I think that’s why he called it Winchester mansion
  • drewcareypnw
    5 years ago
    The old format was useful to me here in Seattle: I could sort by most recent review and quickly find out which clubs had new reviews. Would you consider having the option of showing a grid view or list view (with sort) ?
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    That option is still there, but I think the difference is that now it’s showing you the most recent reviews for the whole state. I think it would be cool if locating a city were similar to the setup when shopping for a used car. A series of drop down menus that narrow down the results each time you make a selection.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    You guys are pissing Mrs Winchester off
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on. Unless you're @Cashman, he may like that kind of thing.
    5 years ago
    When sorting clubs it’s not obvious if the results are ordered vertically or horizontal. The sorted on field sb part of the results. It is a poorly designed visual as well as harder to use UI. Wonder where he’s going with it?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    One day we're going to wake up to a green-screen DOS interface featuring an ASCII middle finger.
  • SanAntonio_LDK
    5 years ago
    I agree with Liwet. Most Recent Review should be the default sorting when viewing the club list. Other than that, I don’t see a problem with the current set-up of the club list.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    I think prior format is easier to use. I often search by city and all clubs in the area can be easily compared and viewed on map. I see you can get to that feature if you select Nearby Listings but that’s only good if you are looking at clubs where you presently are.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Actually Nearby Listings now thinks I’m in Wichita yet I’m still in Indy. Not finding map feature when I search by city. Luckily I know the general layout of what clubs are where in this town
  • dutchman2000
    5 years ago
    Liked it better before.
  • wyohio
    5 years ago
    No idea how difficult it would be but agree that a multiple drop down or filter feature would help. It’s not the end of the world but it’s much nicer to be able to view just a city in questions vs a whole state.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    -->@CMI: "One day we're going to wake up to a green-screen DOS interface featuring an ASCII middle finger." Good point. To reduce chance of that happening, I declare I love the new club list format, it's the best thing ever.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    When did this discussion board turn into a bunch of cry babies?
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    I can't even get local clubs. I searched and got Raleigh clubs. That's only 5 hours away from my current location. Need city search back.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    imo it is ok. at least i do not have to know the precise name of the city (especially in the los angeles area) in order to find a club.
  • 501traveler
    5 years ago
    The nearby clubs listing is not working properly. First it keep showing me Wichita, now it shows FL. I've been in Baton Rouge, LA all week.
  • Dakru
    5 years ago
    Like the new format but on my ipad and iphone I can’t see how to search by most recent review.I use it nearly everyday to see who/what is where.
  • Dakru
    5 years ago
    I see itnow. TY!!!!
  • 3LeggedMan
    5 years ago
    I agree that the Nearby Clubs search is fucked up. I’m sitting in Central Illinois and the Nearby Clubs is showing me a bunch of places in Kansas. How does this happen?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion