tuscl

College Football Playoffs

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
What I have learned so far from the Cotton Bowl

1. Clemson has a terrible kicking game.
2. Notre Dame's defense is full off pussies.

80 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    What I've learned is that having too-many white-guys on your team (ND) is detrimental
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    So far what I have learned is the real national championship was earlier this month in Atlanta
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Did you see Auburn beat Purdue worse than Purdue beat ohio state
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Clemson looks good against Notre Dame. If the Clemson offensive line can keep the QB upright against the "Bama defense, then Clemson has a chance. They have a lot of weapons. But if the Crimson Tide defensive line is on top of the QB each play, those weapons won't ever get the ball
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I think the late game will be a blow-out. Oklahoma won't be able to stop the Bama offense, no matter who the QB is.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Bama game is starting to look like a massacre.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    "So far what I have learned is the real national championship was earlier this month in Atlanta"

Totally agree.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    UCF got screwed again.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    If UCF beats LSU with their second string QB, it has to force a serious conversation about expanding the playoffs to 8 teams. All the more so if the two playoff games are routs and Georgia crushes Texas.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If it goes to 8, the 9th team will bitch about it. Hell, the first thing they talk about after the March Madness brackets are releases is who got hosed.

Having spanked Auburn last year showed the ridiculousness of the whole process. They should go back to having conference tie-ins to Bowl games and have the coaches and AP polls decide it.

At least that way there are more meaningful Bowl games, and the controversy just ensures that the sport gets an extra month of passionate coverage arguing over it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Papi. You'd think Harvard would have a real good team with all those Asians to fill out the roster.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    Flag - I concede your point about someone will always be left out and someone will always bitch. It's just the AP poll doesn't have UCF any higher than the committee and I just want them to have the chance to succeed or fail on the field rather than declaring themselves national champions 2 years in a row.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There's always a team that's gonna be left out no matter how many teams are in the playoffs, but by going to 8-teams there are less teams that get hosed - and that's a good thing.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Justin. I think it was the AP that called them champs mast year.

On second thought, why not just give everyone participation trophies?
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    AP had UCF ranked number 6 in their final poll. Coaches had them at 7. Without playoff expansion, I don't see any non power 5 team being named national champ.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Last year.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    After the bowls were played.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    My bad. It was the Colley Matrix that had them rated #1

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/s…
  • ime
    6 years ago
    $Flag UCF declared themselves National Champs last year because they were the only undefeated team, no poll had them close. That said I would have rather had them in the playoff over Oklahoma, or Notre Dame who gets blown out in bug games.

Bama would still fuck up UCF but it would be fun to get some new blood in there.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yes, they declared themselves champs. But they are in the record book as champs because of that computer poll.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Cool, never heard of the Colley Matrix til now.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I think there was a community college in north east southern north Dakota that was also undefeated last year so I guess UCF will have to split that natty
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And Georgia gets nothing.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    But we are not claiming a fake natty either
  • nofuglies
    6 years ago
    You'll always get an extra point or two advantage betting against ND since all the Catholics will sway the spread by betting on the Irish
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    But what's the difference between lucky charms and notre lame.....

One belongs in a bowl
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Say what you will about UCF's National Championship last year, but they did go undefeated with a smackdown victory against the team that beat Georgia and the other co-champion.

Facts
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Facts.... they play a pussy schedule then claim a natty for beating one decent team. A team that had played 4 consecutive games against top 10 competition and was injured.

But if you want to claim that victory as a natty then no bitching about a loss without your injured qb... no fucking crying about that shit.

Football is a game won in the trenches.... UCF is out weighed by 50 pounds per man on both sides of the ball by Vanderbilt. There is no way they could play a legitimate schedule and go undefeated.

They are a great team for what they are, but they are fucking delusional enough that IF they beat LSU they will try to claim a super bowl victory
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Who's crying? If they lose, they lose. It sounds to me that you are crying about the schedules.

I agree their schedule is weak. But you can only play who is put in front of you. It's a product of the conferences. Every team only gets a few out of conference games.

There isn't anything to gain for the big boys to risk the loss against a good team from one of the lower conferences. And the schedules are typically built 5-10 years in advance. If the schools in the big conferences didn't pad their non-conference schedule maybe UCF wouldn't be undefeated. We'll never know.

Do I think they're as good as Alabama? I'm not stupid. But they weren't as good as Auburn either. Any given day... It's why they play the games (when they can't run away from them).
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And yes, any college team claiming a super bowl victory would be delusional.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    You are exactly right.... any given day.... but it is almost impossible to have any given day every Saturday.

The schedules were made 5 years ago.... nobody was afraid of UCF then, they have 4 non conference opponents..... should have been easy to schedule FSU, Florida, Miami, or any of the SEC teams. But they didnt. And you are right you can only play those on your schedule and UCF will not schedule a loss.

I hate awwbern and I'm glad UCF beat them but in reality UCF has won one game in 2 years
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ "The schedules were made 5 years ago.... nobody was afraid of UCF then, they have 4 non conference opponents."

That's kinda one of my my points.

And just like Boise State, there is a good likelihood they won't be good 5 years from now. So any team that schedules to play them probably won't get much out of it when they beat a down UCF team. Big Conference teams don't like to schedule the next tier schools because they have no idea what they are bargaining for. They'd rather schedule a sure cupcake or a sure marquee game. It's those 2nd tier conference teams that get lost in the shuffle.

And they do try to get the other state schools to play them, but they don't want to give UCF more recruiting exposure.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm not a UCF fan, but my son started going there this year and they are the local school.

As for the Nat. Championship claim...

Yeah, it was facetious, but it did bring attention to the school. And it is funny that SEC fans, and especially Paul Finebaum, get their panties all twisted because of it.

And the claim never would have happened if SEC powerhouse Auburn didn't get stomped by them. That did at least provide a little support to the claim.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    It is a shame the Big 12 decided UCF & USF weren't good enough for their conference when they considered expansion 2 years ago. Pretty sure UCF could hang with any team save Oklahoma these past two years.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Speaking of Florida schools Richt retired from Miami, will they try to get Lane Kiffin? He has the right personality for Hurricanes and look what he did with his current school just a few miles from Coral Gables.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    UCF beat Auburn 34 to 27.... I'd hardly call that a stomping.... but I guess it's your story
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Fish always gets bigger the further you get from the lake
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Hmmmm. 7-3. The rout has started.

I think I'll go out and mow the lawn now. This game will be a snoozer.

SEC = Overrated
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    13-3

I really am going out now. I can't stand to watch a coach cry after his player gets blocked.

Pussies.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    A participation trophy and free college credits for all the student athletes.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Where did you go fagooner...... lol
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    WTF happened? I just got back from dinner and I see the final score.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    UCF took one too many cheap shots.... those cajuns got pissed and put an ass whipping on them. The score was closer than the game was
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Unfortunately my dawgs look like shit
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    At least I did not travel to this one
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "So far what I have learned is the real national championship was earlier this month in Atlanta"

Lol, right!
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Oooops Lol
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Lol ! :D
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Damn that hurt
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I gave up on trying to talk logic with Daddillac and SEC football. One of my best friends who moved to Atlanta described it best to me years ago that Georgia fans basically live in a world that every third kid is named Buck or Herschel and once you get 20 miles outside of Atlanta it only goes down hill from there.

Hell they booed the announcer of the Sugar Bowl last night for nearly ten minutes because he played QB for Penn State and beat them there how many decades ago......

People need to wake up and realize 1) the control the SEC has over the bowl game process and the National Championship 2) that even in secondary ways they will do anything and everything to make sure their teams have every edge possible in any game played and the perception of other good teams around the country.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Doesn't irrationality go hand in hand with being a fan?
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "I gave up on trying to talk logic with Daddillac and SEC football."

Lol
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Flagooner I would say the level or degree of irrationality has something to do with it.

Take boxing for instance--it's subjective. There is always going to be some level of disagreement and favoritism but when the level reaches were someone looks at a round/punch and declares " that Bulldog just hit that Longhorn so hard with his "eye" he nearly tore the knuckles out of his left hand you know it's time to give up.

Somewhere on here I had commented once it became apparent OSU was not going to make it to the Championship round that I wanted OSU to play Georgia on a neutral field....5 vs 6--logical sense because I felt pretty damn comfortable it would have been a good match.

I'll end it on this note but I'm pretty sure no one ( including me) expected Texas to grow a defense in the last 30 days when they hadn't shown one in the prior four months.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Was it a good defense or inept offense?
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Within seconds of losing to Alabama the SEC talking heads were demanding Georgia was a clear choice for the 4th slot in the playoffs.......it was so obvious to them and thus it should be to the world. How could it be an inept offense Flagooner? (with such impartial experts (eyeroll) ) telling us so ?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL. The talent may be there, but they did nothing innovative. They were very predictable.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    We got our ass kicked, I never said we deserved to be in playoff, the fact that we lost to LSU should and did disqualify us from the playoffs..... with that being said texas came to play and we were very uninspired. Somewhere between the team that dominated bama for 3 quarters and the one that laid an egg against texas is who we are.

We are also the youngest team in the SEC so hopefully we will be back
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Did someone say the SEC Championship game was the de facto National Championship?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I guess this is what happens when Alabama plays with the big boys instead of the SEC cupcakes.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Lol !!!
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    You should go easy on our SEC shill, he's having a bad week. :D
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I think UCF would have given Clemson a better game.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    At least they get better competition in their conference.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    Lol, You can add train tracks to that list.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Yep, it was a rough week.... it's all good though. There is always next year. OSU and UGA swap back up quarterbacks. UGA is youngest team in SEC. I'm pleased

AS for UCF, didn't they get beat by an SEC school
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Warrenboy
    "Within seconds of losing to Alabama the SEC talking heads were demanding Georgia was a clear choice for the 4th slot in the playoffs.......it was so obvious to them and thus it should be to the world. How could it be an inept offense Flagooner? (with such impartial experts (eyeroll) ) telling us so ?"

Do you remember the 2007 BCS national championship? the one where it was a travesty to not have OSU play Michigan again for the title and the talking heads thought putting Florida in was laughable. How did that turn out for OSU, I think Ginn ran back the kickoff and osu did not see the endzone for a long time after that.

Talking heads are what they are, UGA had no business in the playoff, we lost to LSU and Bama.

As for the Sugar Bowl, we played like shit, we have not played that poorly all year however

- 70 yard difference on that first punt because of a low snap
    - fumble on our end of the field
    - interception on Texas 10 yard line
    - an 11 yard punt

We should have lost by 35 points with all those mistakes but we lost by 7
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I was quite happy to see saban get stomped after his Miami BS. Don't feel that way about the rest of the Alabama people/team.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    What I learned is the Clemson QB has a hot girlfriend.

https://www.instagram.com/marissamowry21…

Good to see Alabama finally get their ass kicked too.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Old,

Kind of creepy to me that someone "Old" would comment on a teenager as being "hot".
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I could make excuses (explanations) about UCF falling to LSU too Daddillac, but I didn't.
    The fact is that on that one day UCF played their sloppiest game of the year and LSU beat them by 8 pts.

I could point to having the Heisman trophy caliber QB hurt.
    I could mention that the back up quarterback played like a back up QB.
    I could blame the wide receivers for dropping soooo many passes, two of which were sure TDs that my Mom could have caught.

But I won't do that because it would just be sour grapes.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^ And it's even creepier that you are stalking her on social media.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Lol. Not stalking her. Both the QB and her have been trending on social media. Read an article that included her Instagram because she's been posting photos of them both on it.

Clubber, I think she's 19. I'm under 50. Most guys on this site talk about hot strippers her age all the time.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Old,

That could be because a lot of younger people have forgotten the art of politeness. Still creepy and grude, to me.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Clubber, this is TUSCL last I checked. Not some women's website. I'm pretty sure everybody on here is an older guy talking about hot women too young for them.

Also, your avatar of clubbing a baby seal is creepy as fuck to me. Even if it's a joke, it's not funny. Pretty fucking creepy.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    All I'm saying is, if you're going to call me out for being creepy for pointing out that a 19 year old is hot, you should call out all your friends here for being creepy too.

And Flagooner is just as creepy. He posted about getting a boner looking at one of the stripper's pictures on here and she removed her pictures right after that. Nothing like a creepy old man talking about his boner to scare away a young beauty.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…

Here's the thread where Flagooner talks about getting a boner and the woman gets creeped out and removes her photos right after.

Okay, I'm out of here. Tired of all the arguing on message boards. Waste of time. Enjoy!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Old,

As for this being TUSCL, I wouldn't conflate members with the site. There are all type of individuals everywhere! I still find it creepy. Perhaps it might be because I still go with the age of consent being 21.

Avatar a joke? Who told you that. A very normal occupation here.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Old,
    Take care!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion