tuscl

Why do some ppl think that if all police squads were more dominated by females t

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
Why do ppl feel that an equal split between the sexes for police squads would lead to unsafe communities, particularly when it has been consistently reported that many times, overly aggressive approaches used predominantly by male cops has resulted in adverse outcomes, while strategic and less aggresisve approaches by females has resulted in more success ?

Furthermore, although males are physically stronger , such strength is only necessary for a rare amount of missions.it has been reported that female cops shoot better and are more strategic..thus, given that female cops approach situations more rationally than males, and given that strategic and tactics are more effective in police missions..why would ppl feel safe if police forces were more dominated by females?

7 comments

• JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I'm not against more female cops but I also have a hunch there is some selection bias... Only great female cops make it as cops where its far easier for a dude to be a mediocre cop. So the stats may say female cops have better outcomes, but there are some asterisks involved in those stats.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I think the biggest problem right now is the militarization of the police and police attitudes towards civilians. They see us as potential threats and as potential enemies and come at us as such, regardless of the cops' gender/sex.

My experience with women cops is that they're like minority cops, always trying to outdo and show off for the white cop to prove they can be just as violent.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    Nicole, you're probably too young to have ever watched the TV show cops, but it seemed like every episode there was confrontation that ended in the police and the the perpetrator wrestling as the police are trying to get the handcuffs on them. Granted these shows were edited to show the most intense scenes, but resisting arrest does happen. I'd assume that an alpha male with authority problem would be more likely to resist an arresting fe ale officer, though I have zero evidence to support this. What I don't get is why do you care if there are jobs dominated by men? Science, engineering, Math and computer fields in college are dominated by males. Many schools try to entice more women to join these fields but they don't want to for whatever reason. Some fields are dominated by women. That doesn't bother me. Everything in life doesn't need to be a 50/50 split.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Are you going to the police academy?
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    I think all police officers ought to be hired by the old standard. This would get rid of a lot of women but even more men!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Angie Dickenson was hot.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    the police departments in this country need a complete overhaul. they need to stop looking at everyone a a potential threat and work with the community, not against it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion