tuscl

reviews and membership

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
reviewing 5 reviews should give the same credit towards membership as publishing one review

27 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Sounds like a good/fair incentive
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    It seems like a good idea to me. But maybe up that to 20 reviews?

• Liwet
    6 years ago
    "Sounds like a good/fair incentive"

@Papi

You've stated the opposite in the past:

"As the others stated, giving free VIP for publishing reviews kinda puts us back to square one."

"I was against giving free VIP for writing reviews in the first place b/c it leads to a barrage of completely shit reviews, so giving free VIP for publishing can lead to the same shit."

I'm wondering what's changed.

Thread: https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php5?id…
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ I still stand by that inspector Clouseau - but since Founder has decided on the current format then one needs to make the best of it
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    This is a stupid idea.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ and why it's a good idea
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Good idea
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    how do i propose this?
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    flaglooner you are a stupid idea just keeping it real
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    48cowgirl you are stupid
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    I think VIP credit for reviews CAN be appropriate. I also understand that a lot of shill and/or bullshit reviews designed solely for the purposes of jacking up VIP credit may become a problem. But I don't see why "reviewing a review" should give any form of credit. The more that there is a click-button opportunity, the more likely it can be mis-used. For me, I accrue a great deal of credit toward my VIP time because my submitted reviews are full of specifics. I take a long time to write them, I put in various descriptions in the hopes of giving a more accurate sense of my feelings about the place, I return several times and modify my reviews when a club has changed a practice or some sort or other. Therefore, I contribute that which cannot be imagined or magically generated by a mere computer algorithm. But if all you have to do when you read unpublished reviews, is simply "click yes" or "click no" to review them, thus gaining VIP credit, then, no, I don't think that's a good idea at all. It's way too easy to know NOTHING AT ALL about strip club culture, or about the specific clubs whose reviews you're approving or rejecting, such that the knowledge contributed to the knowledge-base could be ENTIRELY fabricated and yet users would be gaining VIP credit. No, I think it's a bad idea.

If you want it, then you're going to have to also show me strippers who offer blowjobs to all the men who simply swipe-left OR swipe-right when they see her image on Tinder.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... But I don't see why "reviewing a review" should give any form of credit ..."

Right now TUSCL VIP members are the ones that "review"/approve reviews - the OP's suggestion is a way to encourage folks to participate in the approval process - but now that I think about it, yeah this can also be abused where douches will just approve anything to get VIP credit - so yeah it'll be too-easy to abuse so although it seemed like a good-idea on the PL-surface on 2nd-thought maybe not due to the ease of abuse.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Seriously, you'll get jackasses that write one review to get VIP and then blindly approve a bunch of them just to maintain their VIP status.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ yeah - good point for a homo
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Retard
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    @fag my reviews have taken it to the next level i am a review poet. my concern is that motherfuckers on this site are too lazy to get my shit out into the world of tuscl
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    also what is an op it is not in the glossary
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    OP = original poster/post
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    That’s a stupid idea, a performance bonus for doing your fair share in keeping the community healthy, please, it’s in your best interest to to do your part and if the community is doing well it’s because the folks that comprise it, are doing well also.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    thanks papi
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    twentyfive thanks for a substantive argument. i think the same could be said of publishing a review. no reviews no tuscl really. for that exact reason founder decided to incentivise writing reviews. now we find ourselves in a situation where reviews aren't getting reviewed fast enough. we got to incentivize that shit. people don't believe in community responsibilities anymore. that's why no one votes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @WGW. I don’t see reading reviews as a chore so much as writing them, I realize that many only read reviews that are relevant to them and where they are locat, but that’s the reason the editing works, I know enough to call out reviews in my area, aside from the obvious shill or had a great night, I wouldn’t have any relevant input about clubbing in areas I’m not familiar with especially clubs I have not visited, so as imperfect as this system is it will have to do.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ ;))
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I think it is ridiculous to give out the same credit for reading reviews as you do for writing them. Not only does writing a review take more time and work, but it also takes a cash and time investment in a club visit.

So beware of unintended consequences. If this became policy, everyone will want to be a critic and nobody will want to cook the meal.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    The problem I have with the idea of giving credit for reading reviews and deciding whether to approve or disapprove is that it takes very little time and effort to do so. Let’s say my average time to drive to and from a club, spend time there, and then write a decent review is three hours. Then let’s say the average time to read a review is three minutes. That’s a 60:1 time ratio. Then if I spend an average of $200 per club visit versus no expenditure to read reviews, I don’t know how high of a number of reviews read would equate to a club visit.

Additionally, giving a VIP incentive for reading reviews would reduce the incentive to actually go to clubs and have the info to write a review in the first place if getting VIP here is one’s motivation.

I realize sometimes the pending reviews get backlogged and I sometimes neglect to do my fair share of reading them. But I don’t think that the problem of backlogged pending reviews warrants incentivizing.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Good point. I never thought of that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ what a homo
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion