tuscl

Hunting season’s underbelly: Stripping, sex trafficking and small towns looking

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Who was the dancer who was asking about pheasant season?

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b…

25 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    " trafficking " is the word that writers use to get their article attention these days. It implies that someone kidnapped these girls and forced them to go to South Dakota.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I agree that trafficking is used as a buzz word to get a rise out of people, reading this article is eye opening and I do agree that there are some young naive girls out there that are being exploited in several ways, whether or not it rises to the level that you could call it trafficking is debatable.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I think these authors just buy a script with the names of people, places and things left blank. They just fill in the blanks and submit it.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Yeah I don't see much evidence of trafficking presented. The high house fees suggest the guys aren't just paying for clean air dances. And honestly the 300 dollars a week for housing isn't crazy considering the lack of short term housing in the area
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Lol!

They are charging that because they can. And I agree with JamesSD, they charge that because some girls make bank and they can get away with doing so. From what I’ve heard on those seasonal hunting times, it’s very much a mixed bag.

I don’t care for the sensationalist tone. “Trafficking” is the propaganda reason for FOSTA, SC raids, etc. :(
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the link Shadowcat.

I'd get lots of dances from Fancy, she looks good to me
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Hmm I did a little more reading- sounds way too wild for me. And some girl on sw recently said it's like $2000 in 1 week there- which isn't bad. But for all the wildness? No thanks. Now if this was air dances or 1 way touch nothing crazy $2000 a week sign me up I'll go somewhere with the shittiest winters and nothing to do around.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    A girl on SW actually admitted to 2,000 a week? Amazing. I thought the only way those SW girls mentioned numbers was if it was 1,000 per night or more.

If it's as 'crazy' as they make it sound then I imagine it's like any COI club.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Ok, I wasn't insulting her numbers or her. I was just starting with the various things I've read- I gather I wouldn't wanna go there for hunting season.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Stating
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    This is a story about girls who make bad decisions - and who want to blame others for their financial troubles.

So they pay to live in a run down trailer? So they pay house fees upfront? Any landlords who have strippers as tenants want to tell us about collecting rent from a dancer?

This is about strippers being bad with money and wanting to blame others. Why not write about the truth? Dancers piss away money. They aren’t reliable. This place isn’t the reason for their troubles - they are the reason...

• blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Cashman, I do think a lot of strippers come into the industry with issues- but stripping takes a toll and tends to exacerbate whatever the fuck is wrong with you. I mean in milder cases it will be your moods and true feelings about men. In extreme cases girls have full blown drug issues that fuck everything up for them and stripping just makes it easier to get the drugs.

That being said, I'd never stay in some "dancer housing". Not only the stupid fucking customers I probably slapped around would know where I sleep, but a lot of strippers rob like crazy. Upscale or dive club there is so much theft in dressing rooms. I would never share a sleeping space with these girls.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Blah - you know the shit - because you deal with it every day. I respect you and your opinion. This business isn’t for everyone - and it hardens both dancers and customers. Drugs and booze - and deep seeded hatred for the opposite sex - are a few of the issues it can exacerbate.

There are other civilian types who read these articles and think this is the tip of the proverbial iceberg - and start sniffing around other clubs - and make life miserable for legit dancers - and legit perverts. So, it’s dangerous for an author to draw conclusions based on poor money management skills from dancers.

A locked door in the back of a bar makes it seem that girls are shackled in the darkness - and held as prisoners - forced to live in squalid conditions - and forced to perform sexual acts upon release.

It’s misleading - and that’s where I find fault with the article and it’s portrayal of the club.

There are hunters sleeping in their own cars - during this same time. They may be spending more than they can afford too. They may save up all year for the hunt. It’s definitely not just rich hunters buying and selling girls to feel powerful.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Oh I call bullshit on the trafficking allegations too
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    If I had to choose between sleeping in a car versus some campy “stripper housing”—I’m choosing the car every single time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    How about sleeping in the same bed as SJG at the Ritz Carlton vs. sleeping in some campy "stripper housing"?
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    SJG might take offense to me using chloroform on him...
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    ^just ship "him" an Ambien, calling it a breath mint, before your front room make out session and you should be safe(r) for the night. : )
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I don’t see the issue as trafficking either, but knowing the poor decision making of many strippers I can see a bit of exploitation here, although I feel if a girl heads out there to work without any real knowledge of what’s happening and not having the funds to leave if it turns out to be more than she can handle is foolish yet typical of many strippers behavior and I’m sure, the owners of these types of places count on that in their business model.
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    just SLIP "him"
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Flagooner where do u get these ideas? Is it because ur a Floridian?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ these ideas he gets come from fruitcups right;)
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    ^his ideas are like fortunes in the fortune cookies. He peals off the lid of the fruit cup and there they are along with his daily numbers. : )
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion