tuscl

Tips for quickest re-entry into US from TJ without Global Entry card or Sentri P

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:37 AM
I've read the posts about expedited re-entry into US in lines accommodating Global Entry or Sentri. Wasn't able to process Global Entry before upcoming trip. Not staying overnight. Any tips for quickest re-entry with passport only? Any idea of typical passport only wait time after a Fri or Sat night session at HK? Thanks. Delaying trip until after Global Entry processed isn't an option. Perhaps I'm screwed.

20 comments

• DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    ^Not staying overnight in TJ, that is.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Catapult.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Tunnel
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Drive a shit truck. They will clear out of the way
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Sneak across the border, commit crimes, leech off welfare, vote Democrat.
  • cubbieguy
    6 years ago
    This website may help. You can look up the wait times for different border crossings. You most likely will want to use the one to cross in the first place to pick up your car or catch the trolley. However, it may help you time your crossing. [view link]
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Do you have a passport card or just the book? If you have the card you can use the ready lane. Use the app to determine which pedestrian crossing is going faster. It may be more convenient to cross closer to the trolley or your car, but getting to either side of the freeway is pretty easy. I’ve seen differences between the two crossings of up to twenty minutes.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    midnight to 4am usually very short wait for pedestrians.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    (based on my hundreds of my own crossings over the past 4.5 years.)
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I only crossed back into the US twice. Once in Friday around 3pm and another on Monday at around 5:30pm. Both times, no wait times. Im not sure when the wait times are super long. It's something I was also worried about after reading a couple reviews. However, I had no problem whatsoever with long wait times. This was using the border crossing right in front of the blue line trolley station.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Do you stay in the motel in San Ysidro? SJG
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I stay in tj at hotel cascada by hk
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ Countryman, I know that. You are a Proven Womanizer. But some guys stay in San Ysidro, so close that they can probably smell the pussy juices flowing. SJG
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Are you driving or walking thru? Just avoid the rush hours.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Pedestrian. Thanks for the info and that web link
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Anyone on this forum see a TJ girl by appointment and outside of the zona? Where, and how much $, and how did it go? SJG
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    I just had a date with a chica last week. We went to dinner at Caesars and then back to my room afterwards. It was nice to have a relaxing dinner with someone and be able to talk without having to yell over blaring music.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ So I assume this was outside the Zona. Spend the night with her, hotel outside the Zona? SJG Levi's Stadium Missing Man Video Released By Police [view link] [view link] Gustav Holst - The Planets [view link]
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Has anyone tried to cross the border in the past day or two ? I'm wondering if this Caravan is having any impact on getting back into the US. Supposedly, there are several thousand that just arrived from Honduras.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Not sure about today, but yesterday was business as usual when I entered on foot. Did not see anything out of the ordinary. Last I read, there were a few hundred Hondurans in Playas de Tijuana, which is about 20 minutes away from the border by car. Some were also at a shelter set up for them, but that's also away from the border crossing. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in the last 24 hours, but that could change.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion