tuscl

Why the fuck do u people have sharks in the river here?

blahblahblah23
>:( πŸ§šπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸΌ busy being a "psycho bitch" 🀣
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:54 AM
Wtf gators aren't enough????

50 comments

• LostinFLA
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Sharks are cool.
  • Iam4u2screw
    β€’
    6 years ago
    And just think, those bull sharks are more dangerous than the gators. Gots to love the coast.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Ya I was on the water then saw like 2 sharks swimming around. I mean that's cool as fuck but God damn!!! I'm from the north where every living thing doesn't try and kill u and shit so I not used to these nasty warm weather critters
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Yeah up north it’s just the strippers that are man eaters;)
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    What does grilled man taste like? I need a convenient way to dispose of the bodies JUST KIDDING.
  • LostinFLA
    β€’
    6 years ago
    How far south are you?
  • Blah blah you're so fucking cute
  • Dblednmike
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Florida is probably the deadliest state in the country in terms of β€œnatural” dangers. All that swamp land I guess....
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^I think Texas is worse, and Louisiana is third.
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
  • LostinFLA
    β€’
    6 years ago
    We also have bears & coyotes. Not to mention 80 year old ladies in late 90’s Caprice Classics.
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^ if you read that article I posted a link to it’ll tell you that in CA mountain lions (cougars) are the most dangerous by far.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    I'm not worried of no mountain cats u weirdos I'm just deeply disturbed there would be sharks in the river..
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    But I kinda want one as a pet they were sorta cute poking out their fins, maybe I should feed them and make friends
  • Huntsman
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Blah blah, they just put the sharks there to piss you off. Once you leave, the sharks will be removed.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Can I ride them around the river/ocean kinda like eskimos ride polar bears everywhere?
  • Huntsman
    β€’
    6 years ago
    The male sharks would probably like it if you rode them.
  • Iam4u2screw
    β€’
    6 years ago
    blah, considering you are probably on fresh water, that would make those bull sharks, so the answer is not no, but hell no you can't swim with them. Bull sharks maim or kill more people annually than any other type. Also, considering polar bears are arguably the most deadly critter on the planet, I doubt eskimos ride around on them.
  • Daddillac
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Those gators are not dangerous.... Florida Gators are a bunch of pussies
  • NinaBambina
    β€’
    6 years ago
    I saw a crawfish at a beach in metro Detroit once...
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    @Daddilac I got one living in a lake two blocks from here about 8 feet long weighs close to 300 pounds says he love to just use bulldogs as a chew toy ;)
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    I'm not dumb enough to swim with them just talking shit
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Crawdads are yummy. Idk how they are in Detroit but the ones down south are so little compared to what I'm used to.
  • Daddillac
    β€’
    6 years ago
    @25.... show him that game from saturday.... he will shut up too lol
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^lol haha
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Sharks, in fresh water? SJG
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^Brackish usually found in the vicinity of river mouth, they tend to swim upriver during hi tide. Very rarely found in sweetwater.
  • Dblednmike
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Yes. There are fresh water sharks and even some that thrive in brackish water.
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^ I was referring to bull sharks
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Learn something everyday. How far up stream from the river's opening do they get? Probably not that big I am guessing. But still not to be tangled with. SJG
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Idk their habitat range and don't really wanna name the place I was yesterday, thanks. But I do believe it was brackish water.
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    They’ve been found many miles upriver in many places, I believe they have the ability to survive in sweetwater for long periods of time. I believe there’s a case from Toms River NJ, where they terrorized several upriver communities for a few months in the early part of the 20th century, not sure of the dates but you’ll find it on google sometime around 1920 or thereabouts.
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    If sharks are adapting to less and less salt, that can pose a threat to other fresh water species. Like often it is trailer boats which are a factor in transporting stuff up stream. The authorities want people to make absolutely sure they have nothing hiding on board, like cleaning out the insides of the trailer's wheels, and then all the water intakes on the boat. I think the bright tropical fish are from Central America, because their lakes did not freeze in the ice age, and because they really careful about letting any salt water critters get in there. So places like Costa Rica have what have been protected evolutionary niches, going back before the ice ages. Our North American lakes are not like that. SJG
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Salmon live in the oceans and spawn in sweetwater there are other species that do this some shrimp also.
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Well yes I know that about Salmon and other species. Because we don't let any water to speak of go down the Colorado and get to the delta, they cannot spawn there anymore. Has to be in man made tanks. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Cadillac Desert, 4 hours [view link] SJG
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    More recently there was a pod of whales lost on the Thames and sighted near London, salmon rookeries are in Alaska and Canada in the Yukon talking about sweet and salt water species.
  • ime
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Bullsharks have gone as far up the Mississippi River as Illinois for sure and they are pretty sure it was a bullshark attack in Lake Michigan. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^ This is my nerd out subject, fishing and stuff like this, is the reason I moved to Florida originally.
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Thanks for the info. SJG
  • Iam4u2screw
    β€’
    6 years ago
    The bull shark has a special organ that allows it to flush out excess salt, so they can live in fresh water for their entire lives. They actually lay their eggs and their young spend the beginning of their lives in fresh water before going out to sea. They have been caught hundreds of miles up the Amazon river and reports of a shark in a lake in Pennsylvania was reported I believe.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    omg.... o_o
  • san_jose_guy
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Wow! They say that when salt water fish and plants are dumped into fresh water, some might survive. And so this is why the authorities are so against it and want such precautions taken. But then this bull shark must be something else. We can see why they must be so careful in places like Costa Rica, species that go back before the Ice Ages. Fresh water stuff going down river, that is harder to control. Mostly they don't want salt going to fresh, or stuff from one fresh water body going to another fresh water body. Trailer boats, both the boats and the trailers are some of the culprits. SJG
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Does that mean I wasn't supposed to get in a canoe there lmfao
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    i feels non-brilliant :(
  • Iam4u2screw
    β€’
    6 years ago
    @blah - Animal Plant and Shark Week baby. LOL Also makes you want to stick to swimming pools.
  • Huntsman
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Idk, the bull sharks don’t sound that much different than the club experiences blah blah describes. I think she could kick the shit out of them.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    I think I like sharks more than a lot of men I've encountered especially in this state. Sharks are at least sorta cute in a menacing way.
  • blahblahblah23
    β€’
    6 years ago
    Hey I just figured out where to dump the bodies... NO MEN WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS JOKE.
  • Iam4u2screw
    β€’
    6 years ago
    @blah - YET
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion