tuscl

News we like to hear.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:23 PM
SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego will pay nearly $1.5 million to settle lawsuits filed by more than a dozen exotic dancers who claimed police violated their rights during strip club raids. The City Council on Tuesday approved settlements for two suits filed by 17 dancers. The dancers said they were held against their will on threat of arrest and subjected to humiliating searches when police raided Expose and Cheetah’s Gentlemen’s Club in 2013 and 2014. Police showed up in bulletproof vests. The suit said the women were subjected to demeaning comments, ordered to expose body parts and had their tattoos photographed. In March, a federal judge ruled that the city’s Municipal Code violates the First Amendment because it doesn’t limit the power of police to use inspections to harass adult entertainment businesses.

23 comments

• TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Good.
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Good X 1,000. It's good to see them take it up the ass when they abuse their power. Fuck San Digeo. That's why there's Tijuana.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    I wonder if we’ll see a coffee table book of stripper tattoos published by the San Diego police department.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    What business will get the biggest boost when you give 17 strippers $60,000 each?
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    By most accounts, the San Diego strip club scene is lame. San Diego is really just a convenient departure point for Tijuana. Will this verdict have any impact on the strip club scene in San Diego, as in relaxing the overly stringent regulation of these clubs?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Jester, Remember that the $1.5MM is the settlement. The attorneys will get about 40% of that. So the girls will only get about $36,000. So my guess is they all buy a used Mercedes or BMW with it.
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    So how many breast augmentations, Brazilian Butt lifts, Botox injections, tattoos, tummy tucks, and mustangs/Camaros/chargers will $1.5M buy? Enquiring minds would love to know.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    I was being generous and saying the lawyers would only take a third.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    The raid was 5 years ago, and although one or two of the girls still dance, most have moved on as strippers often do 5 years later. The night shift scene in San Diego is pretty lame. You can pay 100 dollars for a VIP with titty sucking and stick shifting and a lapgasm if you want, and there are night girls open to OTC. During day shift there are some hookers but they often are 6s and 7s and not dimes. On the flip side two of the mediocre clubs are being gentrified out of existance. One sold the property to a megachurch and another will be zoned out of existance I'm the next 3 years. It's impossible to open a new club in SD county. We get shit on more than we deserve, but it's fair to say SD is not TJ. But we do have some hot dancers and from all I've read here we are sort of in the middle for mileage if you are careful where you look.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Haha sounds like they scored their best hustle! Thank you residents of San Diego. Bet those old church lady's don't know their taxes are paying for this.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The lawyers probably took their payment in extras.
  • xedin5436
    6 years ago
    I don't expect the laws to change, but that raid was some bullshit and hopefully makes the police think twice about what their real mission is. JamesSD is right, and I've probably made comments to the same point before - you'll get nothing in SD for a single song lap dance. At Cheetahs, you might get something for a 5 song $100 VIP, but it can be pretty YMMV, and I've since lived in two places far worse for mileage than San Diego.
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    "Police showed up in bulletproof vests." Good to see them taking the necessary precautions when dealing with violent criminals like these.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Why do we like to hear stories like this? They won't be as desperate for money.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    We like these stories because if they can get away with that sort of with strippers, they can get away it with anybody *else* who’s doing something somebody doesn’t like. And I don’t give a shit whether or not they’re desperate for money. I have what I have, and I offer what I offer. If that ain’t good enough, so be it.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    "The attorneys will get about 40% of that. So the girls will only get about $36,000." as i commented before attorneys are some of the biggest leeches in our country, they even steal from strippers. in the grand scheme of things, sometimes you have to fall on your own sword. good for them.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Good for the strippers!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Salty lawyers are a necessary evil, just remember, without those lawyers these girls wouldn't have gotten a dime.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    kinda sad 25, but i agree with what you said.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    That is very good news. LE doesn't lose very often. SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Jennifer Lopez [view link] JohnSmith69 has a front room makeout session with an 18yo hottie. Only problem is that he is so cranky that he describes it all in negative terms and blames it on the girl. [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    good. i never danced in SD but when i was going to school around there several years ago a classmate told me she worked at cheetahs and that cops would follow dancers leaving the club. said she was pulled over for failing to use her turn signal even though she did, then was basically harassed and interrogated despite being sober/doing nothing wrong.
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    Most people love to hate lawyers until they need one. Most people hate other people's lawyers all the time until they have to hire one of them. Bullet-proof vests? So the cum-firing wouldn't stain their uniforms? Geez...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion