tuscl

Election predictions

mark94
Arizona
On May 30, I made the following predictions. Some I nailed. Some were a bit premature. But, I stand by my primary prediction. In 10 days, the GOP will gain 5-8 seats in the Senate. I confess I don’t know whether the GOP will keep the House but things look better and better for their chances.

———————-

Between now and November, four things will happen
1. We will reach agreement with North Korea for a verifiable de-nuclearization
2. The economy will continue to show 3%-4% growth
3. Justice Kennedy will retire, locking in a conservative Supreme Court for the next 20 years
4. The Spygate assault on the Trump campaign will be proven true. Many Obama officials will go to jail and Mueller will shut down his investigation.

This will result in Trump favorability above 50% and a gain of 5-8 Senate seats for Republicans, all of them Trump supporters. And, this will allow Trump to pass the final elements of his agenda in 2019.

26 comments

• Mate27
    6 years ago
    Trump will be re-elected in 2020, not because I want him to be re-elected, but there is no quality candidate from the Dems because they continue to promote identity politics and are leaving out everybody except the coastal elites. Growing up in the Midwest where farmers are highly democratic, I know the majority have adondoned that party and vote anti Dem party because their needs are totally drowned out by urban bias. That party has gone way too extreme and ignores the working class.

Not saying the other side of politics are great, but at least their narrative isn’t anti American.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Two months ago you also predicted: "The stock market is about to enter a renewed, super charged, bull phase for at least a decade. Maybe two. The interest rate market will adjust accordingly."

Since your prediction the Nasdaq is down over 12% in just two months.

You might want to retire from the prediction business...
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Hillary is starting to give me that same feeling as Christopher Lee in that you can't kill her off without putting a stake in her heart. She just keeps coming back and she is either too stubborn or too stupid to understand her dislike numbers are so high she can never be elected. Meanwhile she drags her own party down in doing so.

If she runs again I then Trump and that goes as well for Chief Sitting Bullsh%t. who I had a strong dislike for long before Trump took to calling her Pocahontas (sp?)

Anyone else I am all ears to what they can do for the nation as a whole.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I have retired from making political predictions. Nina was so upset when I correctly called Trump’s victory months in advance, I just couldn’t do that to her again.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Trump was a Black Swan event, I’m no fan of Hillary Clinton or the New Democrats for that matter, but the Republicans have just gone insane, not only are they against anyone that doesn’t look exactly like them, but they are just as irresponsible fiscally with their spending like a bunch of drunken sailors on shore leave.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I predict I will take a shit tomorrow. Everything else is too cloudy to tell.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Agree with Meat’s point about Ag/rural loss from democratic base. That holds more sway than most people realize.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Sound more like hopes than predictions
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Midterms:

Republicans will pick up one seat in Senate
    Democrats will pick up 40 seats in House.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    My election prediction: No matter who wins, Americans lose. Prediction #2 - My life will remain unchanged.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Yeah JS69. Right. I was only upset because you, specifically, predicted something correctly. It had nothing to do with the fact that an ignorant and unqualified cheeto got elected.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    My prediction is no matter who wins the election, dougster will still be stupid !
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    "... not only are they against anyone that doesn’t look exactly like them...".
    That is such BS. It's all about law and order and care of our citizens first! The sooner the ignorant figure this out, the more rapidly things will continue to improve in our country!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’m far from ignorant and you know that very well, I’m not unsophisticated and neither are you, you don’t agree, fine but where I stand it’s far from bullshit. You want things to improve, well so do I my belief is that tone matters, even more now than ever, when we have elected officials on both sides, that think being rude, is political correctness, you know that as well as I do. You need to realize this is a democratic republic and neither side has a monopoly on governing.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    1.North Korea talks look stalled. We engaged in a trade war with China instead.
    2. Apparently GDP growth has been really strong in 2018. Main Street isn't feeling the beneifts, but it appears to be above 3 percent.
    3. You nailed it. I expected a boring conservative, not a terrible human being energizing the Democratic base.
    4. Although I don't think Trump will go to jail, the Mueller train is still rolling strong. It's oddly not a big campaign issue.

At this point Republicans need a miracle to hold the house but I can't see them losing the Senate. I'm curious what the Ted Cruz margin or victory will be, we may not know until Wednesday morning and if I'm Trump I'm not excited about potentially having to defend Texas in 2020 rather than it running safe Red.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

What you said "...against anyone that doesn’t look exactly like them..." is a cowards way of calling someone a racist, in my opinion! I think many fair minded people would agree. Perhaps you were more concerned with PC rather than honesty. It really doesn't concern me which, but when I see BS, I'll call it out. We can always agree to disagree.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    it makes absolutely no fucking difference who wins. both parties are just 2 sides of the same coin. the problem is the system they uphold.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @dougster-You're living proof that evolution can go in reverse.

@Clubber- agree to disagree, you know I’m no coward. So hell yeah that may be your opinion, but it sure as fuck ain’t mine, and I don’t sugarcoat or bullshit anything or anyone.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^DOUGSTER=TXTWATTY=COWARD
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shit for brains fool
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    口交
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    its pretty much a 50/50 toss up. even in states where trump isnt popular like 40% of the people still like him
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    You are correct, we can disagree, but not calling a spade a spade is just being PC or cowardly. Take care my friend. I'm done with this conversation.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Those same people who said there was no way that Trump could beat Hillary are now saying there’s no way the House doesn’t flip over to Democrats. I’m actually hoping the house goes blue so there are better checks and balance. It seems our government runs better that way, at least it did in 2010 when Obama’s administration held all the power, things began to balance back when Republicans started winning. We’ve seen this game played before.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

BTW, what does "oral sex" have to do with this topic?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ have no fucking clue ask dougster he seems to have a thing for Vince!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

The first guy is on ignore na vince has passed, so I guess my question was meaningless.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion