tuscl

Aggressive Stick-Shifting in the DMV

Mtent
Relaxation
Outside of the Block in Baltimore, where can you find consistently aggressive stick shifting in the DMV area? The Block sucks

28 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    That’s even kinkier than I am! You’ve gotten stick shifted in the DMV?

Were you renewing your license? That’s freaky shit!
  • Studme53
    6 years ago
    Lol - I'm gonna stop renewing my license by mail and do it in person !
    As for Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, I got a very aggresive shift shift to completion from a gorgeous babe at the Hustler club on the block one Saturday night about 7-8 years ago. I was impressed by the club actually - really hot dancers IMO. As posted elsewhere, DC totally sucks - don't waste your time or money
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    @studme53 that place sucks now...
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    If only you guys were actually talking about cars....
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Lol Vanta, what do you enjoy more? Being stick shifted by a dancer? Or stick shifting with your car?
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    Stick shifting with my car by far! There's no greater pleasure than the adrenaline rush you get when you really punch the gas and row through all the gears. It's a perfect synchronization between man and machine
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ How do you feel about these new systems where the computer works the clutch, gears, and throttle on a stick shift transmission? Done well it shifts far faster.

As far as stick shifting with dancers, Front Room Makeout session. Latinas I have noticed tend to automatically supply stick shifting with DFKing.

SJG
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    Dual clutch transmissions and automated manuals (paddle operated cars) are indeed faster than traditional manuals, but they aren't as fun in my opinion! At the end of the day the traditional 3 pedal H-gate manual is still America's best anti theft system! I never have to lend my car out to anyone because majority of people don't know how to drive it!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Mtent is a troll.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    what I am about to say is kind of a humbling thing to say... they have been driving stick shift since before I had a license and 40 years as a truck driver. Sometimes I can shift great with perfect fast synchronization... and sometimes I grained years like crazy especially when I’m little bit tired. I’m guessing I have over 3,000,000 miles maybe it could be 4 or even five million... (if you inclued all the cars) I don’t know... but i get FAR more excitement from a beautiful girl...
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    in the opening sentence ‘they’ should be
    I have been driving stickshift...

and
    sometimes i GRIND GEARS like crazy...
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    But seriously, no one? I read about clubs across the country where women will walk right up and aggressively molest you
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I was giving mtent the benefit of the doubt, but after his recent post, I realize Ishmael is correct.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i can’t figure out how to turn off the seri auto correct... certainly i’m missing something. (besides enough wisdom)
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Anyone who can't make things work at the Block needs to just pack up their shit, quit the hobby, and go home.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Vanta, so I take it then that you don't like parking valets. I don't either. Do my best to avoid them.

And I'm sure your Corvette is really nice. :) :) :)

Never understood what the idea of a dual clutch was. Not sure why some cars now come with Nitrogen in the tires.

SJG
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    Nitrogen leaks out of tires slower than normal air based tires.

And having an automated manual gearbox is completely fine! I just prefer manual in certain cars; muscle cars, JDM cars, old Euro cars...etc
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    The block isnt at all what people try to say it is. They all seem super tense and uptight and the drink thing is bullshit
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    But really where are clubs with aggressive dancers that walk right up and grab you unprompted?
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    6 years ago
    PG County especially the clubs inside the Beltway.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i experience that delightful grab.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    "The block isnt at all what people try to say it is. They all seem super tense and uptight and the drink thing is bullshit."

Buy yourself a drink and sit at the bar. If you don't want to buy a more expensive dancer drink then don't. Watch the show, and if you see a dancer you want then get the run down when you tip her before committing to a drink. Like most other clubs, the hustle is higher at night. Not all Block clubs are run the same, and a couple didn't push dancer drinks as I recall. There's more to it, but that's Block 100.

When I'm around Baltimore I typically don't go to the downtown clubs anymore, but I stop in from time to time.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Thanks Vanta, but what is the double clutch for?

SJG
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @SJG - Are you asking about a dual clutch transmission or double clutching a traditional manual?

The easiest way to think about what a dual clutch transmission is that it is actually two separate manual transmissions and clutches. One clutch sends power to one trans which has gears 1, 3, and 5. Then the second clutch sends power to the second trans which has gears 2, 4, and 6. So with the car in first gear the first clutch is engaged and power is sent through first gear. At the same time the second clutch is disengaged but sitting waiting for you ask for second gear. The moment you select second all the computer has to do is disengage the first clutch and engage the second which takes as little as 8 milliseconds which makes a dual clutch shift faster than any other type of shiftable transmission.

Double clutching a traditional manual transmission is when manually shifting to a lower gear you put the transmission into neutral, release the clutch, then rev the engine to a specific rpm, then push the clutch back in and finally shift to a lower gear. Double clutching is most commonly used when road racing a car to get the transmission to shift into a lower gear at a higher speed than what it would normally be willing to do. Racing drivers normally do this while braking which is referred to "heel and toe" shifting. However before the advent of synchronized transmissions you had to do it on all cars, and it is still today in semi trucks.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    As far as nitrogen in tires go I have never heard the "air leakage" being the actual primary benefit. It has more to do with the water vapor in normal air expanding with temperature and causing the PSI in the tire to go up and down with temp. Nitrogen has less pressure variance. Or just get a drier for your air compressor.

Some of the wheels I own have 2 valve stems so you can fill one side with nitrogen and open the other valve to "purge" the air out and get pure nitrogen inside. Never bothered with it.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    the nitrogen is superior to compressed air imo. butt i won’t pay a premium for it however.
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    Bumping for unprompted, aggressive stick shifting
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    @PaulDrake I think you're right on the air leakage thing. nitrogen gas (N2) is actually a smaller molecule (but not by much) than an oxygen gas (O2) molecule, so would be more likely to "leak" out (i.e. escape through the gaps between the molecules making up the rubber of the tire). the "no water vapor" thing makes sense, especially in high humidity climates. guess it's harder to get people to pay more for "dry air" though

in any case, when the dealer wanted $300 to fill the tires on my wife's new car with nitrogen that was a hard "no".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion