tuscl

Hong Kong atm? Solo?

LustAddict
California
Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:29 PM
Hi so I’m interested in taking a trip across the border to visit HK and possibly other clubs during the day alone, but I’m kinda concerned about safety. Everyone keeps telling me to go with people but others say they go alone all the time..so isn’t it safe to go alone? I’m more concerned about walking around and being abducted by the police or being shaken down. Any tips would be appreciated thanks

13 comments

• TFP
    6 years ago
    Man you're good going alone. I read a year's worth of reviews and such, some warning of going alone, yada yada. I finally made the trip alone about three weeks ago and I was fine. First time and all, didn't know what to expect. Took the bus from the airport to the trolley, rode all the way to the border. Crossed, caught the Taxi to Hong Kong and I was good. Got my wits about me and ventured out around the vicinity. I didn't go too far though, as there were a lot of people in the streets at all times and I'm sure I stuck out like a sore thumb. Still, don't be too scared to go out and get some tacos, see the sights, look at some street girls, etc. I didn't encounter any cops not once and I just minded my business while I was out and about. Just be alert and aware and you'll be good.
  • LustAddict
    6 years ago
    @TFP ok thanks much! Good to know. I’m probably going to go on a weekday around 1pm.. I always just get paranoid knowing I’m in another country, even when getting in a cab. I feel like god knows where they’re gonna take me haha
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Nah, the cab guys are cool. They just want their money. The going rate is $5 to go from the border to Hong Kong. Some of em try to say $7 but they'll come down if you act like you're gonna walk past. I will say, the second you come out of that border crossing building you realize real fast that you're in another country. The conditions are WAY different than the US. But just hop in that cab and you'll be fine.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’ve been solo to hk for 4.5 years. still alive and fine. taxi $5 max. that includes tip.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    You will be fine there are pickpockets in zona though where pants or shorts with zippers
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Zipper pockets
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’ll be there again this coming monday tuesday wednesday nights. a slice of heaven!
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Been there twice by myself and never felt in danger. Take the cab from border to HK, drops you off at the front door. Inside the club there are absolutely no safety concerns. It's pretty safe surroundings, too, since there are a lot of people walking the streets, lots of bars and other establishments open and many street vendors. My advice is don't stray too far, if you decide to go outside the club. Don't engage with anyone who tries to talk to you or offer you anything, just shake your head "no" and keep walking with a purpose. Act like you've been there before and know what you're doing and where you're going. Do not get shit-faced and make a spectacle of yourself. Keep a low profile. There is a heavy police presence in the area, but like you said, they might be more dangerous than the drug dealers, since there are many stories of corrupt cops shaking down tourists. They will ask you at Customs where you're going. Don't be afraid to tell them the clubs in Tijuana. They know Gringos don't cross the border to go shopping or visit the in-laws. Be safe and have fun. There aren't many places like this within easy access to the U.S. It's a fantastic spot for men who like hot, naked women.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Go on Mon&Tue to save 80% on hk hotels, get the suites the chicks love it. If you're from CA what took you so long?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    ‘don’t go shopping’ in tj? i shop there all the time! tacos and memories!!!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    If guys were being abducted and robbed continuously, then Zona Norte would be a ghost town. Just be situationally aware.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    You’ll be safe if you follow two rules 1. Don’t get drunk ( tipsy is okay) 2. Don’t wander away from the main clubs Or, put another way, if you get drunk then wander the streets, something bad is guaranteed to happen.
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Been going there alone for almost three years. A few minor incidents that could have happened in any city. Use good judgement and respect the locals and you will be safe and satisfied.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion