tuscl

Riffing off the suit discrimination idea

steeldog65
I swear, it's just shrinkage due the cold
Another way strippers will look at potential of a customer. Based on my own experience, your watch, your shoes, and the quality of your clothes all impact how they categorize you as a spender. It's also how civilian women look at you to in my opinion. I have a lot of watches and I almost always will get comments on my watches from a woman who is interested in me. I also think nice shoes and quality of clothing have similar impact. Any other subtle ways that you think people assess wealth in or out of the club?

33 comments

• Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    i wear three gold chains, a rolex, and a diamond grill. usually gets the message across.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    Watches, but you have to look close coz so many wear fake ones. Shoes are a huge give away. Teeth! If they wear glasses what brand the frames are.
  • wellhungsac420
    6 years ago
    Car keys are a good tell
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Juice wants to know where his Sketchers rate in the shoe hierarchy.
  • aham5
    6 years ago
    Cologne.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "i wear three gold chains, a rolex, and a diamond grill. usually gets the message across."

Let me guess --- your Rolex ticks, doesn't it?
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    my rolex does not tick
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I haven’t worn a watch in 5 years, but yes they do notice, if you’re wearing an expensive watch, at least the smarter ones do, and although I own a Rolex, my daily watch was a Baum & Mercer, or a Tissot, The Baum is a leather strap and it always surprised me that there were girls that recognized that one.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Riiiiight.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^that was to lil baller 10.
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    i also get a vip table and buy bottles for all my crew before we shower the hoes onstage.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Bottles of PBR?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Must be fun betcha you run fat head out of those clubs with his fugazy pimp act ;)
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    my homies love to pop that champagne and i indulge their tastes, but me personally, i like to stick to my good ole Hennessy.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Me: Let me guess --- your Rolex ticks, doesn't it?"

"Lil baller10: My Rolex does not tick."

---

What kind of "baller" only has one Rolex?
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’ve had dancers compliment my glasses - and ask about the frames. They aren’t fancy - but it shows they do notice.

I had a dancer get down from the stage once to tell me that my watch wasn’t working. That was surprising! I was wearing a nice watch - and I kept the chronograph stopped so the large second hand didn’t run continuously.
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    i have ten rollies, i only wear one at a time though.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Plenty of exceptions of course, but the customers I’ve had the best luck from came from the engineering/it/tech industry. I can guess from the way they are dressed, but yes I try to approach everyone.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    But I think by now we all have made clear it’s not an issue of wearing a suit. It’s what time you show up on it
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As w/ most things; actions speak louder than words.

In civilian-world I've known guys that drive a BMW; dress to the hilt; and have a negative net-worth with tens-of-thousands in debt and are barely keeping their heads above water - I've also known guys that are millionares and drive a pick-up-truck, wear blue-jeans and tennis-shoes, and wear a casio watch.

Also - there are guys w/ $$$ from whom one cannot not pry a damn dollar from.

i.e. the way they dress and their accessories does not necessarily mean they actually have $$$ and/or are willing to spend it.

One can make the argument that the guy in the club that is not dressed to impress may actually be a harder-core SCer and thus more willing to spend -whereas "Mr Suit" may think he's entitled to a dancer's time just b/c he's so well-off (supposedly).

I think it's a crapshoot at best - often times I've seen guys dressed well in SCs I don't necessarily see them spending a lot of $$$ and often just being more of spectators - and many just like to front and use "the $$$ image" to try and get free dancer attention.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I don't wear a watch. I wear boat shoes with a bowling shirt and lounge shorts commando. I never seem to have a problem getting ladies to give me time.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I have plain old glasses; I last wore a watch in 1987; I don't wear cologne; I own no jewelry; in the summer I wear shorts and a t-shirt to club; in the winter I wear soft pants a t-shirt and a hoodie to club. I look like Joe $15 an hour. I have never had an issue getting the attention of dancers.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yeah...
    Well I have glasses that are held together with paper clips and tape. I last wore a watch in 1986; I shower with Ivory soap and don't use deodorant, I hawked my 1970's mood ring years ago, my entire wardrobe comes from Goodwill. I look like Tom $9 an hour. Dancers flock to me when I enter the club.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Pay more attention to one's embodiment and body language than their outfit. The loudest guys are posers.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room."
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    None of this helps unless you want a gold digger. I wear no watches, no jewelry, contacts instead of glasses. I do care to be fashionable and be reasonably fit, I think that is far better than flash.
  • Roadworrier
    6 years ago
    The No. 1 thing the serious private room veteran ladies prefer is that you not wear jeans, especially button flies. Don’t dress like a slob or forget to shower, but as the girls that I have played with in Baltimore have admonished me, loose khakis, sweat pants or cargo shorts are best for the kind of action we desire. In short, if your pants give you a wedgie, not a good look.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    my designer glasses are from china and cost $69. that includes the exam. oh yeah! two pair for that price. somewhere in my garage is.my old timex. i'm missing some teeth and my belly is way too big. i did take a shower lately. i dress in designer duds from goodwill and wear flip flops. and girls still hang with me.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I agree 100000000000% with everything in Papi's longer post above.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I basically don't care who wears what to be honest. I've had all types spend well on me.. truckers/oil boys and other blue collar types/engineers/salesmen/medical pros.. and they dress all types of ways.

The flashiest people are the worst customers imo I can say for sure..
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    O let's not forget the drug dealers but I try to go out of my way avoid them personally. They are always girlfriend shopping at the club. But they can sometimes be spenders.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Drug dealers dress in "interesting" ways^
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion