tuscl

Left or right handed?

Monday, September 24, 2018 9:39 AM
I know it’s a random question. But over a decade ago, I was a really active poster on another forum. And it turned out that something like 40% of us were left handed, and a couple were claiming to be ambidextrous. It was really disproportionate, considering only about 10% humans overall are supposed to be left handed. I was wondering how the rest of the board is. I’m left handed.

47 comments

• ime
    6 years ago
    Right handed for throwing and writing. Bat lefty, golf righty (might try lefty soon), shoot basketball lefty.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    I’m Orthodox. Thread theme: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Lefty
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Right
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    No arms ;)
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Lefty
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    Right
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Right.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Right
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    Spice, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Right
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    This is about fapping, or some other less interesting topic?
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    Left mostly
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Right
  • Evasparkling
    6 years ago
    I'm left handed.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Lefty. But I do stuff with different hands - as I tried to learn to be righty. I can bat baseball righty, I can throw with either hand. I golf righty. I write lefty, but I can write righty (a little messy). But I only pull it off lefty...
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    Like ime, mixed hand or cross dominant. Write, basketball, darts, bowl and golf right handed. Softball, football left handed.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Southpaw
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    Right
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    Right, but I relieve my tension with the left :)
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    Right- Throwing, bowling, and writing Ambidextrous-" Driving" various kinds of machinery around, eating with utensil or eating sandwich, tipping dancers garter. Left- Reaching for my wallet. When eating steak, favor fork in left hand, knife in right hand.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I'm left handed.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Right but jacking off with my left feels completely different.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Mostly lefty. Write, throw, shoot basketball and if I could play a guitar, all left. I also wear a watch like a left handed person would, on their right hand. Here’s what’s weird. I bat and swing right, dominant foot is right (kick with right foot), use sissors with a right hand and strangest of all, I open doors with my right hand. I was told to test your true dominant side it’s what ever you naturally open a door with. So in other words I’m all fucked up, just like everyone else here, that’s why we are all here.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I write and do normal activities with my left hand. I shoot a basketball, bowl, golf, shoot skeet, use a fork, (etc) all with my left hand. I'm a lefty. My aim is obviously better with my left hand, but in volleyball I serve with both. Right feels natural because that's how I was taught, and unlike the other sports I mentioned, I wasn't much of a volleyball player to care enough to take time to learn to serve with my left hand. In tennis I serve left. I bat right, though. When I played sports in high school, especially basketball, the coaches loved that I was a southpaw. Made me harder to guard.
  • RTP
    6 years ago
    I consider myself lefthanded, but have been told many times that I am neither handed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'm left-handed but when I'm getting dances I turn ambidextrous
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    All right NiceSpice, from those above it's almost 50%. Why? In the US 10% of golf clubs sold are left handed. In Canada it's almost 40%. Why? In Canada kids play hockey & learn slap shots with the left dominant. The old nature vs nurture problem.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "if I could play a guitar, all left." Shailynn - as a fellow lefty, just from experience, I personally found playing guitar the regular "righty" way to be a lot easier than I thought. Before I ever got a guitar or learned to play, I didn't realize whenever I picked up a guitar it was upside-down until my twin sister (who is right handed) pointed it out to me. When I was deciding whether or not to get a lefty guitar, or to play upside-down like Hendrix, or to just get a regular righty guitar and play like righties do, I just decided learning it a different way would be more difficult. I mean, even looking up and printing out chord diagrams for songs I wanted to play would've all had to be backwards. So I got a regular guitar (well it wasn't "regular," she was a Fender) and did it the usual way. Since the fretting is done with the left hand, I realized that not only was it easier than I thought but I felt like I had an advantage. I think lefties in general have many advantages over right handed people because since the population is so right-hand dominated, a lot of lefties had to adapt and in general have more ambidextrous qualities than right handed people who didn't need to challenge themselves in the same way lefties do.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Gawker - I think it is because since left handed people are in the minority, there is more interest in this thread for left handed people than for right handed people. So, while a right handed person might brush past this post, lefties are more inclined to answer.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "I write and do normal activities with my left hand. I shoot a basketball, bowl, golf, shoot skeet, use a fork, (etc) all with my left hand" How about using a corkscrew?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i read the whole post. and i’m mostly right.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “All right NiceSpice, from those above it's almost 50%. Why?” I don’t have the answer :p I just wanted to see if this board was disproportionate in handedness too. I agree with the bias in who is responding, like mentioned in Nina’s post above. But I also suspect that this board really is skewed higher than average. As for the reason, nothing I can say confidently yet. I have a friend who likes to say that she “collects left-handed friends” because a little over half are left handed just like she is.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "How about using a corkscrew?" That's a really random question and I have no idea why you asked it, but since you do seem incredibly interested in me: I usually use the wine keys that have arms, so it opens easily, and grasp the bottle with my left hand while maneuvering the wine key with my right hand. Then I pour the wine into my glass with my left hand.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Also, I have had sex with five men. Of those five, three were certainly left handed. One was right handed. The other, idk if he was right handed or left handed, probably right. Kind of weird that I'm left handed and also tend to be attracted to left handed guys at a disproportionately high rate. And the three that I'm sure were left handed were superior to the other two, tbh.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I’m right-handed
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Left handed. Or as I prefer in baseball, a “hooker”.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    The story so far.... Left-handed: 12 Normal: 14
  • rossl
    6 years ago
    Right. But respectfully disagree with the stats..... LH is (now) 12/27, but “Normal” is 0/27!
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    I’m very curious what kind of forum it was cuz i have a feeling that might have something to do w such a disproportionate ratio, but I have no clue what it could be
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "Also, I have had sex with five men." Did they all survive? How many were just maimed?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I assume she meant at the same time.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Which brings up that old saw Q) What’s the difference between a slut and a whore? A) A whore fucks everyone, a slut fucks everyone but you Apologies to countryman I know he’s gonna say stop using that word ;)
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    if I stopped using slut, there'd be no word left to properly describe me with right handed, but left hand for jacking off (although it wasn't always that way; not even sure when I switched)
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Did they all survive? How many were just maimed?" My pussy has a lot of power, but yes, they all survived.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “I’m very curious what kind of forum it was cuz i have a feeling that might have something to do w such a disproportionate ratio, but I have no clue what it could be” It was a niche forum for a book series that was in the children’s/young adult category.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    @nicespice - MLP Friendship is Magic...?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion