tuscl

More bad news for the Atlanta strip club scene.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Forced to cut hours and facing the possibility of competition, the owners of Pink Pony strip club filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday.

Chapter 11 is known as “reorganization” bankruptcy, allowing a business to restructure its debts while remaining in operation. Pink Pony’s filing is listed under parent company Trop Inc.

The company’s biggest debt is $1 million owed to a Louisiana bank. A list of the company’s 20 largest liabilities appears to include either current or former employees.

Pink Pony executives have said business has suffered ever since three Buford Highway nightclubs filed a lawsuit to challenge Brookhaven’s new liquor law. A federal judge ruled that the law was likely unconstitutional, mainly on the grounds that the city had allowed Pink Pony to operate under different rules than other nightclubs.

As a result, Brookhaven forced Pink Pony to reduce its hours to match the other clubs. The city also rolled back the disputed law and ended its ban on alcohol sales at strip clubs.

20 comments

• TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    PP sux anyways.
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    ^^^

No - Brookhaven and it's crusaders suck. So do the ones running that county. The point - Options to take clothes off for easy $ and not have to sleep with the fat slob are slowly disappearing.

But hey, lets continue applauding scumbag shakedown artists like the ones behind that BS suit in Midtown.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    A post on USAsexguide says there is a rumor that Oasis will shut down in October.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    the crazy thing about that suit was it was 3 bar owners pissed because PP was selling later than them.... it was not the moral majority pissed about naked women in their backyard. I can understand being pissed if you feel someone is getting special treatment but damn, as a business owner you have to figure out how you can make money and it rarely involves beating up your competition
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    @shadowcat. UsaSG is up and running again?
  • jmiddle30234
    6 years ago
    Any idea where ginger from flashers ended up
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Maybe they will all shut down but Follies lol

Fuck ATL lol
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Rumor has it Ginger went to Rileys Day shift
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    She is blowing the Skipper in the back room
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    USASG has been back up for a good while now. It is .nl but it still comes up in my google search
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    This sucks, I heard the NYC scene might rly go to hell soon as well.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It's nice to see this in TUSCL's random sentences page:

"Just save your money and drive to Follies."
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Lol
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It's true, I saw it at bottom of page. Have not seen anything about HK yet though.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    About Oasis, I talked to a commercial real estate guy a few years ago. He said that entire shopping center is dead because the only way into it is to go past a big gaudy strip club. If they close, it will be interesting to see if that wasteland revives itself.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Oasis was originally located on Old National Hwy just off I-85 and close to ATL airport. I'd love to see it relocate in that area again. The south side could use a good mixed club.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Agree with @Daddillac. It tends to be a follow-the-money and what's-going-on-at-city-council recently. As much as I like to throw Moral Crusaders and SJWs under the bus, just as much of this -- if not more of it -- is driven by real estate developers and the like.

The reason? Zoning and land development. You'd have an easier time building homes, retail stores, day care places within 500 feet if not right next to a:

1) Landfill
    2) Sewage treatment plant
    3) San Jose Guy's house
    3) Etc.

Than you would a strip club. You can't build shit within 500ft radius of a strip club with current zoning in most places. And that stops a developer from making money from cheap, nearby land. Something is in the way of him making money pure and simple. Love Canal or SC or Grandma's nursing home, it doesn't matter. He just wants it GONE. And will use City Hall to do his dirty work.

/rant
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    @blahblahblah23 where'd you here that?
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    @shadowcat wow that sucks. I haven't finished hitting my 6 figures yet and this is happening. What a shame.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion