tuscl

The psychological cost of stripping...

pitts1
Florida
Friday, September 14, 2018 5:18 PM
Apologize for length - Came across this old blog (link below). I know many strippers have issues (some more than others), but what caught my attention was the comments from strippers themselves basically stating stripping completely fucked up and destroyed their lives - repeating themes included a complete destruction of their “soul”, an inability to maintain “normal” or healthy relationships, an inability to quit the profession because of the money and also the constant battle of lies to keep separate their “non-stripper” and “stripper” lives with family and others. Below are just a few of the many comments – do you think these comments truly represent the norm for most strippers? Do you really think your club favs feel this way inside – maybe they hide it, maybe they don’t? I do feel bad for some of them and after all it is their choice to strip – or is it? As one stripper commented, once you start, it’s all over and you are fucked up and hooked forever, it’s just part of the psychological cost of stripping… [view link] “I danced for 10 years and the day I walked away I was so proud that I was no longer an erectional engineer. I have been screwed up since the last few years of doing it. I have social anxiety, I’m narcissistic, controlling, paranoid, depressed, suicidal, and completely out of touch with reality. I think that if I’m never gawked upon by men I have no self-worth. I have been out of the industry for 6 years, thankfully. I was never a drug abuser but experimented yes. I did become a heavy drinker in the last 2 years so I lost my eye on that ball. Made nothing but a bar tab. I trust not men nor women and I cant have a stable normal relationship because I think my partner is always sleeping with someone. Its a mess.I have always loved psychology and I’m currently on my way to finishing my masters degree in clinical psych. I am not healed,. I’m far from it. However, I am not in denial of the person I became. I do remember how I was before. This is all I can say for the young women in the field who do this long term… Everything you make now you will pay for later in shrink bills. Sooner or later it does get you.” “After being a dancer for 10 years, I go to therapy once a week. I survived a suicide attempt four years ago. I come from a good background and have a great relationship with my father. I came home from Portland a year ago and have socially isolated myself ever since. I feel as if my dancer ” persona” was the coping mechanism I had to use to justify working in those conditions. At first I felt “empowered” when I started dancing. The money was great, I could provide well for my 2 children, and I felt I had the freedom all these girls think they have. Flash forward 10 years- I haven’t been in a healthy relationship for 4 years, I have struggled financially, socially, and most of all emotionally. The hardest part is learning how to live again. I never felt so powerless. It has been a complete spiritual journey. I’m not even religious. I don’t think it is a coincidence or an accident that I ended up there. I guess it was part of the plan. There were a lot of things I learned, good and bad. I had some of the best times of my life. I traveled, met interesting people, made tons of money but yet I came back to reality a broken woman. It was almost like I let the dancer persona become me. I am a very logical, intuitive, and intelligent woman but as hard as I tried not to let that world get to me, it did. It was like a demon trying to destroy me. I will never look back at my life with regret, but ultimately the emotional cost was far too much than I could afford. I struggled with it long before I even left the club. It was almost like spiritual warfare going on inside my soul.” “Strippers love money_ that’s true and some make a lot more money than you think… But stripping is a scar on your SOUL. Basically crime bosses run the show. In other words there aint no union. Can be fired at any moment. You lose your sense of reality…. You often see the absolute worst in men..it makes you numb… Your heArt breaks daily, you beg ugly otherwise laxkluster men for attentuon and approval MAJOR mind FUCK… Then you see girls whoring girls, snorting, shooting, having backstage sex… It destroys your morality and bsense of self. (The prettier you are the uglier you feel. STRIPPERS HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM “managers” “djs” security pursue you sexually.. You are objectified… You are DEPRESSED about the STIGMA…the whole “secret cob” only reinforces feelings of self hatred. BY the time you finish you have a drinking or drug problem, HEP C or STDs NO MONET SAVED and serious mental trauma… No resume for the last 4 years all things said at least you weren’t one of the many who are raped, murdered, pimped sex enslaved… Everyones incorrect… Stripping is MORE traumatic than it seems and strippers are LYING when they say anything. You will never be fully recovered.”

86 comments

• Been_There_Already
    6 years ago
    I think there's a survivorship bias here. The girls who walk away clean from the profession wouldn't take the time to comment on it. It's the ones who are fucked up, and perhaps would be regardless of what they do, who waste their time (and ours) writing this crap. Did she use the money to pay for school and move on? Or did she already have problems that needed paid for, and she found a way to not only pay for them, but the wherewithal to make them worse? I don't think it's any different than professional sports. The entire time they're making money that are faced with people offering them good advice (which the majority ignore) and people encouraging to live only for the moment (which the majority listen to). I offer good advice to strippers all the time. They smile and tell me how thankful they are for it, use it as a tool to string me along as though I'm really important to them, and then they go out and make bad choices with their lives. There's not much more I can do for them. My good advice is what it is, and they carry on like they're playing me when the pretend to care and then disregard everything I've said. And I pretend not to know any better while they're grinding on my lap. But nobody cares about the psychological impact it has on me, because my earning potential isn't tied to my physical appearance (thank god!).
  • pitts1
    6 years ago
    Lol yours and mine both! All good points.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Apologize for length it's ok, the width was fine
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    I don't know if I would say it fucks them up but stripping definitely affects bitches. My observations 1- For some, it changes the way they see sex completely. This is especially true of hoes. They start to put a lot of value on things like kissing, cuddling, soft gentle shit. It takes a while for them to have sex with someone they're seeing. They disappear while they hoe and afterwards get really affectionate and sweet. Sometimes, after work, a stripper just wants a shower and she doesn't want to be touched. 2- They start associating their self worth with how they look too much. It becomes an obsession but instead of making them feel better makes them very self conscious. 3- After a while they associate affection and self esteem with money. It becomes one of the few ways they start expressing love or feeling about love. It takes a real man to get them out of this stage. 4- They don't know how to function in the normal world. Cant keep schedules, get too used to fast money, no sense of saving money its all about making money when they feel like it and doing whatever whenever. Then they see they cant function in the real world and crash. 5- Being around so many drugs isn't good. A lot of them try drugs. Some do it for a confidence boost or stay up, they'll say its only during work but then they work every day coz they need more money and get hooked. 6- Living a double life makes them feel insecure and alone. They can't tell everyone what they do and its hard to let people into their lives and share it. especially if they're hoeing.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > 1- For some, it changes the way they see sex completely That means you need to channel your mommy side and nurture them > 2- They start associating their self worth with how they look too much I think it's just the money. They have the sharpened nails from the dressing room so no one can give them any feedback > 3- After a while they associate affection and self esteem with money. It becomes one of the few ways they start expressing love or feeling about love. It takes a real man to get them out of this stage. Agreed > 4- They don't know how to function in the normal world. Cant keep schedules, get too used to fast money, no sense of saving money its all about making money when they feel like it and doing whatever whenever. Then they see they cant function in the real world and crash. Or maybe the normal world fucked up. Groupthink has its limitations > 5- Being around so many drugs isn't good Agreed. > 6- Living a double life makes them feel insecure and alone. They can't tell everyone what they do and its hard to let people into their lives and share it. especially if they're hoeing. See #3
  • 501traveler
    6 years ago
    Have a fav who admitted to me recently some of the exact same things listed in these comments. She wishes she had never started stripping 12 yrs ago. Says its messed up her life, her ability to trust men and have real friends.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    There’s no baseline here for what these people were like before dancing. I don’t empathize with any of this. I have a degree (two now, actually), I got them both while dancing, I have a professional job in addition to dancing, I pay my bills on time, I have excellent credit, I don’t do drugs or have kids, I have hobbies and I take care of myself. You don’t know if these girls had these same troubles before they were dancers but chances are pretty high that they did.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > have kids How about just with me :innuendo
  • Been_There_Already
    6 years ago
    "She wishes she had never started stripping 12 yrs ago." This is exactly what I mean by survivorship bias. I'm glad she started stripping 12 years ago, but wish she'd stopped 6 years ago. If you stay in the industry once your shelf life has expired your psychological well-being will be affected. Period. There are plenty of attractive older women, and there's a man for each one who will love them just the way they are, but stripping is seldom a long-term thing, unless you're just the frickin' bomb. Is it that hard for a young girl to grasp this when she enters the industry. Look around. And i get it, they choose not to grasp this, because getting older won't happen to them, right. I like the way PinkSugarDoll goes about it. She sees a benefit to stripping, but it's not the be-all, end-all of her existence. Good for her!
  • pitts1
    6 years ago
    @ PinkSugarDoll glad to know this is not the norm for all. It would be interesting to know some baseline information and what percentage of dancers that baseline info applies to although I doubt much scholarly research has been written on this topic. Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    At least you agree with me but yeah you have to nurture them. Its weird but it gets them to open up. A lot of them react very bad to negative feedback and being put down. They start wanting to do everything to please you so you have to nurture that.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    I think a stigma of the industry is a problem. But the way its run, the stigma is deserved, its one of the shittiest industries ever. Maybe it needs a complete overhaul. When you know them, the girls are victimized a lot of times.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    A lot of them start off pretty fucked up.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    I think there has to be some overight of club owners and employees. more protections for the strippers. the power goes to managements heads
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > more protections for the strippers. the power goes to managements heads dammit, I thought it was the DJs
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    DJs are the bottom feeders of the strip clubs
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    shut it, bruh, some of them like the other pink
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    The article linked looks familiar. I almost want to say that PoleDancer also linked it in one of her discussions many months ago. The actual "scientific findings" from "surveys" really didn't show that much more of a cost to strippers outside of lack of quality romantic relationships, and more self-consciousness/narcissism regarding their looks, all of which doesn't surprise me. It would be hard to trust someone whether or not in her stripper persona because it's very hard to separate the two completely from both the objective and subjective POV. And the job (or success at it) is very reliant on one maintaining a good physical appearance. Anyway, like i've said before in other discussions, every girl is different. Some enter and stay in the business for different reasons. I think it's best for a girl to have an end game in mind when she starts doing it, otherwise, yes it can be psychologically transforming, and not necessarily in a good way. The stigma and social judging is just something that will never go away, particularly in a patriarchal sex-negative cutlure (at least when applied to women). There's also the economics that isn't that different from professional athletes that go bankrupt just a few years after they retire early. I'm not saying that strippers make the same big bucks, but they are usually used to a completely different lifestyle from stripping compared to ordinary civilian work. The reality is that all people need some skill or knowledge to make a decent living in the long term. I don't think it's all bad though. Youth is largely wasted on the young. Ironically, strippers are in the best position to take advantage of their youth as their "job" affords them the luxuries of both time and money, something most people don't have both of concurrently at any point in their lives. Too bad, most of the girls aren't mentally (or philosophically?) ready to make the most of their "best" years.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    These strippers are never too psychologically damaged to maximize the cash they take from pathetic losers.
  • pitts1
    6 years ago
    @ theDirkDiggler good points – I also noticed the findings from the “study” did not reflect the same level of issues and drama in the comments. A few strippers commented disputing the negative effects and even fewer stated stripping had a positive impact on their lives. I was surprised the number of strippers who felt stripping was psychologically damaging in the end – the number of negative comments far exceeded the few who disputed. I agree with Been_There_Already – probably survivorship bias here and those comments do not accurately represent the majority.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I haven't read the study yet, however I will say that I am about 5 1/2 years into this profession and left a corporate IT job that I hated to do this full time. I was always dancing on the weekends, but I just hated working in IT Support. Anyway, so much shit has happened to me personally in the past 5 years in my personal life and at the club I used to work with Nina at, that I honestly really do feel just... dead. I have two college degrees and have held two previous professional corporate jobs. And lately I've been thinking about getting out of dancing, but I'm stuck with the gap on my resume for the last 5 years. Starting out as a baby stripper, the job is great. But after sometime, it can definitely kill you (figuratively speaking). Especially if it's all one does for income. Even after taking a week or two off and returning feeling refreshed, it still comes back and repeats an endless cycle of feeling almost nothing and caring very little or literally not at all about anything. Or at least, for me. ...Now I'll go read that study.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    So, which caused which ? Are women with underlying issues more likely to become strippers, or does stripping cause underlying issues ? I’d say yes to both.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I feel it's a mix of both depending on the dancer's background. The latter is more probable in my experience - especially with those I follow on Instagram. There are a lot of stripper meme profiles and the stripping causing underlying issues thing is a topic that is definitely memed about and discussed often.
  • Been_There_Already
    6 years ago
    I’d say yes to both too. And Waffle makes a good point about the unexplained gap in her work history. This makes it difficult for many to (re)enter the workforce. I think there's a difference between stripping to pay for college or on weekends for some extra cash and making the decision to immerse yourself completely in the industry. It is the girls choice, but i think it's very similar to drugs . . . do you smoke a little whenever you're invited to a party or do you smoke all day every day? Anything in excess will be bad for you. I have the most sympathy for the single moms who need to put there children first and then worry about the unexplained gap on their resume later. But for the other girls, if they do it to themselves, then they've done it to themselves . . .
  • Been_There_Already
    6 years ago
    What about the Walmart greeter who spends all day smiling at shoppers who she really couldn't give a fuck about? I'd like to know what the psychological impact of that job is.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I’ve known a lot of dancers who have a second job. This accomplished several things. It allows for tax filing, documenting how you meet your living expenses ( without disclosing your cash income ). It fills the resume gap when you are ready to leave stripping. It’s an explanation for family about what you do for a living. It keeps one foot in the normal world, arguably keeping you grounded.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    There is always "Stay at Home Mom" or "Parental Caretaker" that can fill the gap.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Waffle, you're right about a 5 year gap being a problem for corporate jobs like in IT. Corporations want conformity. Differing from the norm seems risky and dangerous. This is true even for high tech companies founded by non-conformists like Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. The strippers I know who have gone on to other jobs did things like waitressing or commission sales. Maybe you could set up an online business offering something like IT consulting. It could give you some cover when you apply for jobs.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Commission Sales? Is that working for a pimp?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Commission sales jobs can be somewhat lucrative if the person is a good salesman/saleswoman. Also, depends on what they were selling. For example, my mom was always a great saleswoman, so when she became a drug dealer (the professional title is pharmaceutical sales representative, or just "pharmaceutical rep"), she often had the most sales in her company which translated into higher earnings. Her résumé gap wasn't a problem, although while getting her degree I'm pretty sure all she did was strip, job-wise. But by the time she graduated she was being headhunted by various pharmaceutical companies who were competing with each other to hire her, so she ended up with a good salary and a company car along with the two cars that already belonged to her. Most pharmaceutical reps are attractive, and she is also articulate (one parent was a pediatrician and the other had some sort of managerial job in the medical field) and tenacious and loved being one of the top salespeople of the companies she worked for. Although, this was back when a bachelor's degree actually meant something in the workforce.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    A bachelors degree with the right major still means something. Engineering. Business. Comp Sci. Anything STEM. Always will. Colleges have built their bottom line, and administrative bloat, by peddling the narrative that a below average student could become successful through less challenging majors like general studies. All that does is burden the student with a lifetime of debt and a demeaning job. It’s one of the great con jobs of our time. People should be put in jail.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Scott Adams ( the Dilbert cartoonist ) has a concept called skill stacking. In the modern world, there are 2 paths to wealth. One path is to be one of the best in the world at a specific skill. Very few people can do this. The other is to combine 2 or 3 skills where you are good at something then find, or create, a job that uses all these skills. A pharmaceutical rep is a good example. It requires interpersonal skills combined with technical knowledge. To make a lot of money at this, you need to work hard and be good at both skills, but you don’t need to be one of the world’s best at either skill. A successful stripper already has the interpersonal skills. It’s just a matter of combing this with 1 or 2 other skills. Real Estate might be one of those jobs, for example.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    @jackslash I'm definitely done with IT. I don't want another IT job again. Stripping full time was supposed to be a temporary thing (2 years max is what I told myself). However, a lot stuff happened that kept pushing me back further (I had to have spinal surgery, dated a guy who put me in 10k of debt and then I repoed a car that I bought from him after he backed it into me, then moved from downtown to a suburb, and a host of several medical issues came up from an autoimmune disease I waa diagnosed with). Honestly, I have too many medical appointments during the week to hold a full time job right now. I'm independently studying for a personal training cert, but I'm nowhere near ready to register for my exam in 88 days. I've considered EMT academy at OCC near us, but again - I have too many medical things going on with myself to focus on two full time semesters of school. I bartended last year for a few months and I could probably get back into it, but the job felt unfulfilling. My biggest dilemma is the 5 yr gap and my last resort will probably end up making up a job position and finding someone who will let me use their # as the business # for the fake job and hope they play along. I have an agent who usually has references for these situations, but I feel he'd be unwilling to help since I'm looking to leave dancing ultimately and he gets paid by the club everytime I work. If you or anyone else has any ideas or solutions for my dilemma, I'm all ears.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Waffle Why tell him you’re looking to leave permanently just let him give you what you need for your resume then stop once you’re secure. If he’s a legitimate agent it shouldn’t bother him anyways girls come and go, he’s gotten paid for repping you I’m assuming, no reason for him to not do things reasonably.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "A bachelors degree with the right major still means something. Engineering. Business. Comp Sci. Anything STEM. Always will." I know. It's just much harder to compete than it was 20 years ago. Decades ago, you didn't even need a degree with a decent job. Today, I think there is a lot of emphasis on advanced degrees which obviously puts people with only bachelor's degrees behind. And school is so expensive that most people end up with tons of loan debt. A bachelor's is still and always will be an accomplishment, but to me it's just a piece of paper allowing me to move on to an advanced degree. But part of that is probably because my earning potential as a stripper is more along the lines of someone working a job that requires an MBA, PhD, JD, etc.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    There are a lot of good paying jobs that require a 2 year degree, or an internship. All sorts of health care jobs. Or, the trades. Or, modern manufacturing. These are jobs where someone can live comfortably ( unless they in LA, SF, NY, etc ). There is also a path to make much more money by forming your own business. That’s how most Millionaires build their wealth. Plumbing Supply. Home health care. AC repair. Interior design. Insurance agency. Real Estate broker. First, learn your trade by working for someone else. Then, go on your own.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ you mean your annual earnings level, but here’s the thing you have a limited shelf life, once you hit a certain age it ain’t so good, a MBA or better will outearn you Times ten over a lifetime and assuming you’re working in a corporate, academic, or medical field you’ll have benefits, health insurance, and paid vacation and even subsidized continuing education. And unlike pro athletes very few strippers earn enough to put away for the second act, and even fewer have opportunities beyond stripping in this industry.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    “erectional engineer” LMAO
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    All this degree stuff is bullshit. I have a 4 year degree in nothing related to my field, yet I am now exec-level in high tech - because I can do the job better than most. I can also choose to start my own company which I have done before successfully. Getting in debt for a degree is one of the stupidest things people can do. Just build your skills and focus on being good at any job you have, always jump on good opportunities after vetting them. Gaining skills from a college degree is like learning how to fish by reading a Wikipedia page on fishing. The only college degrees necessary for getting hired are in medical professions or professions where people's lives are in your hands.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    I think i've compared stripping to gambling in Vegas. The worst thing that can happen to any gambler is to win and win pretty big early. Not the jackpot or anything life-changing (although that's also another story), but enough to get the bug and believe in possibilities because it already happened. For the stripper, it's probably being good at it. The stripper that starts out being quite good and/or lucky at what she does early on is probably in the most "danger" of staying in the industry longer, much longer even, than she ever intended. Now if she's really good enough (netting well above six figures a year), she can plan a short career (10-15 years) and save/invest enough money to transition into something else, say owning real estate/renting properties or even franchise owning, small business, etc. That's quite unlikely that a young girl will have the mindset or discipline to carry that out. And life gets in the way...
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "^ you mean your annual earnings level, but here’s the thing you have a limited shelf life, once you hit a certain age it ain’t so good, a MBA or better will outearn you Times ten over a lifetime and assuming you’re working in a corporate, academic, or medical field you’ll have benefits, health insurance, and paid vacation and even subsidized continuing education. And unlike pro athletes very few strippers earn enough to put away for the second act, and even fewer have opportunities beyond stripping in this industry." Twentyfive - no shit. Why do you think my educational endgame plan is to have an MBA and a JD? And JeffTUSCL, how long ago did you get your degree? Lol.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I read the quotes in the initial post, and I don’t want to sound insensitive, but those dancers had issues prior to getting into dancing. Stripping offers sexy girls a way to earn quick money. In many cases stripping allows girls to make money with little education or training. That’s the real problem. As a dancer understands how certain girls are able to make more money - she makes a choice to either stay clean or move into extras. Its her choice. It’s a choice, just as it was a choice to strip. I’m sure the girls in that article tell tales of woe, but each one made a choice. The lure of quick money will always attract sleazy characters and leeches. It’s similar to the dirtbags who troll the areas near casinos. Dancers must confront their actual sexual worth each day. That realization isn’t a bad thing. Each of us must confront our worth when we go to work, so there’s no reason to complain. The truth is, dancers worth declines earlier in life than accountants or IT professionals. But - the girls know this before they start dancing - so there’s no reason to complain - except because they don’t like it. We could all probably assemble a list of how our jobs have impacted us psychologically - and this is another list of issues from employees who have become unhappy and disgruntled.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Choices are determined by options and opportunities. For a lot of women, stripping is a means of survival. And fast money moves very quickly. Its not a great quality life. Instagram and the shit they tell tricks and customers isn't the truth. Living in weekly rentals coz you don't have pay checks to get a place. All the makeup, nail, waxing, hair and other costs. Then not having health insurance. Never a guaranteed income. Lots of strippers get EBT.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    Funny, how in all the comments, none of the former and current strippers talk about doing extras. Similar to SW. It just shows how women are the worst with slut/whore shaming, and the extras/sex-positive girls have no safe place to share their views. It seems the girls that own being a sex worker are the least likely to be damaged by the "job".
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    TheDirkD - that’s a very good insight. I didn’t notice that, but I agree. It’s women - and in many cases strippers - who are the biggest slut shamers.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I didn't really read a lot of this, I might later. Really the absolute worst thing about stripping is the isolation b/c gotta live a double life with most people. I also think in this industry as a stripper the people you work with are some of the worst. I've had a few vanilla jobs and the co-workers were a fuck of a lot better than this stupidity.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Doing extras, hoeing, whatever you want to call it, has a huge impact on them. It really affects how intimate they can get. They always have to do shit like massages or go to the spa afterwards. A lot of them blow through the money right away like they don't want it coz it reminds them. Some girls will only spend the money on certain things, like nothing too personal or that they really want. It fucks with their heads. Sometimes if they hoe, and they get home, they don't want to be touched, talked to, nothing, they just take long ass showers, sometimes throw whatever underwear they were wearing away.
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: Phatboy99 - definite troll account
  • pitts1
    6 years ago
    @blahblahblah the double life thing must get old and you probably wish everyone could just know the truth and not be judgmental. also it's too bad so much drama with other co-workers. i get it's competition and all, but that doesn't mean they need to make it a miserable environment to work in.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "I also think in this industry as a stripper the people you work with are some of the worst.' I can imagine. There's a stripper that posts here who's an admitted (attempted) murderer and recently threaten to do bodily harm to another dancer, basically because the other dancer had become more popular on the board than her. I shudder to think what she would be capable of in a club if you or another dancer started to out earn her.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “I also think in this industry as a stripper the people you work with are some of the worst. I've had a few vanilla jobs and the co-workers were a fuck of a lot better than this stupidity.” I am definitely cautious of being friends with any one, and the stripper friends I have work in different clubs. I’ve had a different experience, though when I was working in customer service jobs. It’s been easier for me to avoid “coworker drama” as a dancer. I also agree with Dirkdiggler’s statement. “It’s women - and in many cases strippers - who are the biggest slut shamers.” True. Just like the female customer who looks down on dancers but is grinding on the other patrons there. Or the judge mental dancers who thinks other types of sex work is disgusting, (and yet pays the bills of some unemployed dude that she has sex with bareback. :p)
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Resorting to lies coupled with your passive aggression is disappointing at best. I wonder who this tuscl-famous stripper it is that you can't stop talking about. Lol.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    ladies.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Oh, I forgot to respond to the OP. I think in this job, you have to have a clear sense of who you are, and what are your boundaries are. For example, when do walk away from that customer you don’t want to deal with (for one reason or another)? Also, other jobs are more prestigious and socially acceptable. It’s easier to get through when those jobs are rough. Dancing, however, has more stigma. So it’s harder to deal with problems there if you allow yourself to be affected by others judgement.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Ppwh - That was to the two_bits account that Nicespice claimed to be to try to seem more interesting, because two_bits can't stop talking about me. Two_bits loves me to_bits.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    :)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^So much for attempting to domesticate strippers ; )
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    hey, it worked for GACA
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ The jury is out on that one, it's not even been a week yet ;)
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    shush. they made a promise
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ promises made aren't promises kept ; )
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "I wonder who this tuscl-famous stripper it is that you can't stop talking about.' You know what they say, if the 7" platform heel fits..
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    so, @GACA, we've got to work on this retirement status
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    to the girl that is quoted in the original post... welcome to life. i have issues myself. sometimes i feel i sold my soul for my job.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > i have issues myself. sometimes i feel i sold my soul for my job. :( You didn't, really. It was just a time of need.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "You know what they say, if the 7" platform heel fits.." ...then put the slitello on and keep talking about another stripper because you're obsessed with her but now to scared to say her name? Gotcha.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Stiletto* Although "slitello" sounds good, too. Am I on the right track, stalker?
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    Sure, killer.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^Nigga, I hit 'em UP!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about you Nina. Aren't you the only one on this board that attempted to murder someone and threatened one of the other dancers on here? It wasn't hard to figure out. Didn't even confuse me.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    What is with the use of the "N" word that makes people think they are so cool when they use it and then call out others as racist when they do?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Thank you Flagooner. Two_bits has recently decided not to say my name but to keep talking about me anyway. Passive aggression.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    With my AK I'm still the thug that you love to hate.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Nina and SJG must be the same person. Nina would have never done something as unoriginal as threatening another TUSCL poster.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    “It’s women - and in many cases strippers - who are the biggest slut shamers.” True. Just like the female customer who looks down on dancers but is grinding on the other patrons there. Or the judge mental dancers who thinks other types of sex work is disgusting, (and yet pays the bills of some unemployed dude that she has sex with bareback. :p) ^ isn't that the truth. I don't even listen to the crazy judgmental ones anymore. Yeah u air dance in the club, but I also know you fuck them OTC for cash cuz u make nothing in the club. GTFO. I'm not even making this shit up is the sad thing lol!!!
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    These same bitches brag about fucking some dude and the cash they get for it in the dressing room. But quick to slut shame some stripper that makes more just stripping. Just nuts.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    So are you saying we should proposition the girls who give low mileage in the club? Interesting.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Nina says she doesn't do extras, does this mean she has to make her money tricking outside the club?
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I'm not saying this is a common scenario, but seen it more than once. Some low mileage girls just don't have the level of hustle or appearance for them to be profitable, unfortunately.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I was talking about clubs where 1 way contact is the minimum and 2 way is more standard. I wasn't talking about extras clubs unless 2 way touching is considered extra.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    OMG!! It's totally clear now that Nina is really rickthelion with the AK!!!! ;-D
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    ^^Did rickthelion try to kill someone, too?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Nina says she doesn't do extras, does this mean she has to make her money tricking outside the club?" Flagooner, you seemed to be baffled as to how I make as much money as I do without sucking or fucking. I'm a hard worker, smart saleswoman, and it helps that I have a racially ambiguous look that appeals to a wide variety of customers. And yesterday, Dominic77 posted a link to a thread about me from 2016. And I read it. I know that Georgebailey is one of the guys here who has met me before, and this is a quote I saw he had written in the thread: "I've met Nina a few times and I like her. Not everyone's looking for extras. When you see her bring your 'A' game because she's bringing hers. In the club's lights she's very pretty and I have no doubt she's just as attractive outside the club." That kind of sums it up. If twosheds were still up, I could quote you a guy (who I think had an account here but doesn't post here anymore), who posted a very positive review about me and decided to include that one of the things that he was most impressed by was my work ethic. He said he hadn't met too many strippers with a work ethic that matched mine. So, there you go. Also, I sent you a PM.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "Also, I sent you a PM." Well, can't really fault you work ethic if you're PMing members now to set up OTC. Just out of curiosity, how much are you charging flag?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I actually sent him a PM regarding his question about the use of the N word so it didn't because a debate topic here. But jealousy is ugly, so I'm not surprised you are once again trying to discredit me. Keep trying hun.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    Pre shift vodka and Gatorade and five bumps of coke make work go by better
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion