tuscl

Stage only clubs?

blahblahblah23
>:( 🧚🏼‍♀️💃🏼 busy being a "psycho bitch" 🤣
I don't understand these places. Do girls make consistent money at stage only clubs? I don't mean urban make it rain clubs but like some places in Salt Lake City or Virginia w/o dances or VIP even. One girl claimed she made $3000 between friday/saturday in a "pop up" club in the Virginia beach area? I am not sure I believe that lol from reading about the area both here and on stripperweb...Plus she has a history of making shit up... anyways lol

I'm more interested in SLC though. Not visiting there anytime soon, but I've been to SLC and other places in Utah and it's a spectacular state. I am trying to understand if the girls there make real money lol. I think they might as I creeped on the social media for some of the clubs and there are some cuties there. Or are they cute b/c it's low to no contact, and not so much the money potential?

41 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I encountered stage only clubs in DC several years ago - and it made no sense to me. I was an experienced monger (from out of town) and watching only dancing isn’t my idea of a good strip club experience.

That is some odd shit - like alcohol free beer - or decaf coffee!
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    As a dancer who has only worked at clubs w/ dances and some w/ VIPs/and or champagne rooms I do find the concept of stage only odd. It also just seems hard to make a consistent living w/ stage only? But maybe it's different in areas w/ severely restrictive laws? I am curious.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Sure, if we go back in time to early '90s or '80s.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Maybe I have too much wishful thinking lmao :(
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Strippers exaggerate how much they earn.They brag about how much they make in the locker rooms and bitches get jealous of each other over how much they make. That's the root of a lot of club drama. But there are girls who make most of their money on stage.
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

Phatboy99 - definite troll account
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “One girl claimed she made $3000 between friday/saturday in a "pop up" club in the Virginia beach area?”

I believe it when dancer has a shift where the money was completely effortless and there was a ton of it.

But only as a once in a blue moon thing. It’s not worth claiming it’s something that happens often or it’s expected.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    As far as stage only, no idea. I’ve heard historically, this used to be more common. But that’s when dancers had a lot of costumes and put more effort into the performance itself.

I say try it and see how it works out :)
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Oh wait, you just talked about history of making stuff up, LOL I don’t believe it then. I also love when, if the story gets retold, the number switches around (there’s a huge difference between 2K and 4K)
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I went to a stage only club in Salt Lake City a few times many years ago. I wondered the same thing — why are beautiful women dancing nude at a place where they survive on stage tips? I asked several of the girls why they don’t go to Vegas and make a fortune. Usually their answer was some version of a need to stay near home. In any event I can’t see how these women could make very much money. Except of course by doing OTC.

I can’t imagine why anybody would enjoy these clubs when there are so many better options where you can touch the nude women.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Aw so you're telling me those cuties in SLC aren't making a killing... :( damn lol. Are the lapdance clubs there any good? I think there are one or two of them in the city.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Back then there were no lap dances and no contact. If she dances at all, she drug along a wooden crate and danced on top of it (or the table) for table dances. Also stage sets back then were like 5 songs long and lasted 20 minutes with costumes and an elaborate strip tease. Often she's have a crystal bowl or a glass cup on stage and PLs were put tips in there. She would have a preconceived amount ($10 or $20) that would have to be tipped before she even remove a single article of clothing. And she's likely engage or flirt with the audience to get the tipping and the show going. Else if no one tipped, she's be dismissed and the next dancer would be up.

It sounds quaint because it is. Back there lots of clubs were different from each other and each club as a different kind of dances and lap sitting, lap dancing, VIP, etc weren't so standardized or fleshed-out. No one really knew what the business model should have been other than "boobies" and "stripping." I think once the eastcoast/westcoast lap-dance/song model started to spread in-land, we end up with the LD/song model we have today.

For a club to be offering that, I'd think there would have to be government regulations in effect. It could work today, but the dancer will need to offer something or learn how to engage the audience to get the tipping going. Good luck. I like good stage shows.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Do they have different laws in SLC due to the Mormon population? I know they have some odd liquor laws, so I wonder if they also have restrictive club laws.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    ^I am not sure but I think they do b/c most of the clubs don't even seem to have lapdances much less VIP...
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Cashman the only reason those clubs are stage show only are because of the restrictive local laws.

JS69 - funny you mention that, my x-atf live outside of SLC and did that exact same thing - go to Vegas and make a ton of money, she traveled via car, plane or bus depending on what her current money situation was at that given moment.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Speaking of weird liquor laws fucking Oklahoma has some weird ones!
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    "JS69 - funny you mention that, my x-atf live outside of SLC and did that exact same thing - go to Vegas and make a ton of money, she traveled via car, plane or bus depending on what her current money situation was at that given moment."

^ Wow so SLC is that shitty? Damn. I know a read a few things various spots online that girls there some # of years ago were happy with $1000 a week. But I was wondering if that's changed and it's gone up for some reason. Idk $1000 a week is not an income I'd knock, but I don't understand how a stripper can be happy with that unless there is some good reason she can't go out of town.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Making $100 for a 20 minute stage set was possible. Maybe $200. In 1995 dollars. Not sure the $2K or $4K numbers for a whole night makes sense.

And when you think about it, you could do that today trying to get $20 each off a couple guys for a 2-3 song stage set. I often see that with dancers on Friday night when I go out. So it's possible. It's a lot of work though. Both going into it and during.

LDs just seem easier from both sides (dancer and PL) for the same or more money.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    *I know I read

sorry can't type
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    LDs just seem easier from both sides (dancer and PL) for the same or more money.

^yeah i prefer having something to sell b/c i'm lazy.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    That sucks though if SLC is really that bad. I just really like the area. Damn lol!!
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Blahblah - my xATF originally lived in Vegas then for some reason moved to SLC to get her children out of Vegas. She’d usually go 3 weekends a month to Vegas. Sometimes she’d return home with $5k cash, other times she should have stayed home because she actually lost money when hotel and travel expenses were factored in. When time were good she flew when times were bad she’d take a bus. It was a very interesting look into the life of a single mom stripper but what’s more interesting is how much I learned about Vegas.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    If I recall correctly, there’s one club that’s pasties. And there’s a $75 for a 15 minute time block with one dancer. I think it might be air or *maybe* one way contact. If I were to guess, it’s not where you can make the big bucks, but it should be okay.

As for the state, I really liked Antelope Island State Park.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I’m not sure what it was like in other parts of the country, but in the late 70s/early 80s in Atlanta there was no such thing as VIP rooms or lap dances. It was all stage dancing and no touch table dances (at Cheetah actually on the table, elsewhere tableside). Yes, dancers made good money. If that’s all that is available, guys will spend money on if. I don’t recall seeing a VIP room in Atlanta until sometime in the 90s.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Read some TUSCL reviews then maybe you can gauge what's available in terms of contact and $$$ being spent by custies
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I don’t really remember VIPs as such back in the 70s. Or the 80s but there were reserved sections in a lot of the clubs that I went to then and if you were in that section it was often booths, and there was a bit of stuff that went on in the booths, maybe not the same as in the private dance cubbies they have now but there were under the table handies and even an occasional bj.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Salt Lake City is such a great strip club locale that since 1989 I have spent 150 ski days in Utah and have never even considered going to a club.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    There's a nude club in Iowa, or in the quad cities between Iowa and Illinois that has a huge stage designed for the girls to make lots of money on it if it filled up and it did fill up on weekends, certainly Saturdays. Basically it was like a blocky T-shaped tri-stage with about 50+ seats around the stage. They could put 3 girls on at a time and each girl danced on one part of the stage for a song. The hottest girls would probably average $2-$3 or more from each PL while the less attractive ones maybe $1 dollar. Each girl had their own garbage bag. With around 20-25 girls, they would go on stage almost every hour (and most girls made sure they made each stage show), so the hottest girls could clear $1k or close to it just from the stage.

They had lap dances and VIPs at that club, but they were expensive for being topless dances only and i think the girls only really sold them during Mondays (2 for 1 on regular dances @$25 all day) or Tuesdays (2 for 1 "premium" dances @ $40 all day and twice as much time in VIP for $200, $300 and $500, which were normally the rates for 15, 30 and 60 minutes). No extras and pretty heavily monitored.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    "Strippers exaggerate how much they earn.They brag about how much they make in the locker rooms and bitches get jealous of each other over how much they make. That's the root of a lot of club drama. But there are girls who make most of their money on stage."

Literally, yes. All of that is 100% true. girls I work with will literally turn down VIP dances because they don't want to pay a room fee, but would rather go on stage and make whatever they can. many of those girls will brag about obnoxious amount of money made on stage. I know they are more than likely lying and making up obnoxious and unlikely amounts, but I nod my head and go with it just to feed their delusions with a little "wow, awesome! Great job!" thrown in every once in a while.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ @25 "I don’t really remember..."

You could have stopped there you grouchy, senile old man.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^If it makes you feel better fatso you can have my fruitcup
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    The strippers bragging about how much they make are either making it up and exaggerating or in no way make that much consistently.

Stripper spends 6 months in an area and her best night is 300. 300 becomes 500 becomes 1000. Oh and the 1000 becomes every night too. But then why didn't she stay. Bc she got bored and wanted to be closer to her bf. (bf that she met AFTER leaving the area)

Yep. Stripper stories bragging about money sure makes total sense ;) but just like anything it's a self-esteem/confidence issue. The one that talks the loudest is the most insecure
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    @Shailynn, Vegas clubs aren't that profitable now a days unless she can get a good shift at a trendy club. A lot of girls go out to Vegas thinking they'll make it big only to realize they cant work at the few trendy clubs and end up at smaller ones where they cant do it. A lot of smaller Vegas clubs are basically clip joints, that will just huge cover charges, overcharge for drinks and have unrealistic VIP charges. I'm talking like $30-$60 cover charge, $30 drinks and 2 drink minimums, $600 for half an hour VIP. $25 air dances. All of that is great for the club, but not so great for the bitches.

The house fees in Vegas are also on the high end, and its too easy to lose money when you factor that in and tipping everyone out.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I never understood how girls make money even at the best clubs in Vegas on the best shifts. I don't understand how they make money if there's like 500 girls on the floor at the same time or so I've heard. Holy shit lol!
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    You have to account for the casual "boys night out" and "once in a blue moon" customers which are the overwhelming majority. Strippers can make money from these guys regardless of the circumstances(value, mileage, etc.) because they dont know any better.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Most of our clubs are stage only, or something pretty close to that. Its just LE, real tough.

Girls make money, and for doing less.

SJG
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    I believe it and have encountered it but it’s rare and those girls were probably not so much “exaggerating” but only mentioning their best night ever. I worked at a few stage clubs and average was 3-500 which I think is pretty damn good for stage money. I’ve heard 1-200 is good in salt lake but you need a license and stuff. Still good imo for stage only (and not like groping and ass-in-your-face type stage dancing). I don’t think reading tuscl reviews would help cuz the guys who throw stupid money usually don’t post here
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Glad to see you back, Zoey101. I hadn't seen you in awhile and thought you were back to lurking only.
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    ^thanks TFP! Nah I was just busy. Met a tuscl member, actually, but he doesn’t post in discussions so I didn’t wanna call him out
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^lucky guy! I've yet to meet any TUSCL member, let alone a dancer from here. Hopefully sometime in the future.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion