tuscl

Cigars

Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:53 PM
Not a cigarette smoker but smoke cigars occasionally. There seems to be a shit ton of cigar brands out there even more than cigarettes. It seems like you could smoke a 1000 cigars and not smoke the same twice. For any regular or semi regular smokers what do you recommend?

25 comments

• ime
    6 years ago
    Really depends on what your looking for heavy, medium, light. I am still relatively new to cigars only have been into them for a couple years and only have one a week maybe at most, prefer them more when its cool out. I really like these Flor De Las Antillas [view link]
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I recommend you sit on the opposite side of the club.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    No worries flag, I don't bring stogies in the club. I'm not into what Clinton is. Rather stick something else up there.
  • Htxx
    6 years ago
    Ashton Double Magnum.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    I'm in the north east so I smoke more during late spring, summer and fall. So more so when I'm not freezing my balls off.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Thanks Sal69. I'll keep a look out at my local smoke shop. Seems reasonably priced.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I don't know if you've heard but smoking is bad for you
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Now that you mentioned it I think I have heard that in passing,papi.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    :)
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Bill always knew when Monica was pissed at him because his cigar tasted like shit. :)
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Shadow FTW! I suspect Bill was OK with that
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Because I'm sure it still tasted better than whatever came from Hillary
  • bruno0639
    6 years ago
    I’m A huge fan of MyFather. The Don Pepin Garcias are really good as well as the H-2K-CT is my absolute favorite and reasonable priced at about 11-12 bucks
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    how 'bout a crook or swisher sweet?
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I tend toward Romeo y Julieta 1875 for everyday.. Reminds of the time I was in Atlanta and went to a club to see a friend of shadowcat. Turns out she was out sick. Oh well. But I walked in and the bar was empty. I wasn't going to leave since at that time I didn't know she was out sick. Anyway I sat and ask the bartender if cigars were allowed. Certainly was his reply as he handed me a cutter and a fine ashtray. He offered me a lighter which I thought was a nice touch. After I ordered a drink and looked around, I noticed a bar further away and down a few steps. I excused myself and headed that way. As is my norm I sat at the bar. Here, the barmaid said I couldn't smoke. I was a bit flummoxed. I said the bartender over there said it was OK. She replied, "There it is, but here I am allergic to smoke." I was going to say, well then you are in the wrong business, but I thought better as a very non-regular and moved to a table. Turned out to be a good move, in the long run, as a couple of dancers were "sympathetic" to my plight. That was really good after I found out the main purpose of my visit was out that evening. :)
  • tumblingdice
    6 years ago
    Clubber,I thought you smoked White Owls.
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    Black Jack - they are made in Tampa Florida. They are real tobacco wrapped very firm and about 5/8 or so thick. Very tasty but hard to find. You can order them from tobacco shops on line.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I used to get cigars from a local guy who had a small operation I favored cigars by Mya and I smoked the Torpedoes light wrapper, but I quit smoking about 4 months ago, but I never was a heavy smoker I would at most smoke 4-5 cigars a week. I did like an occasional Monte Cristo also the light wrapper blended grown in Nicaragua from Cuban seed, and being here in S Florida was able to get Covina’s from time to time, the real ones they are good but there are counterfeits all over the place.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Covina’s= Cohibas fucking autocorrect
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Correct me if I’m wrong but the way I’ve understood it is unless you’re buying in Cuba or Spain, if you’re buying a cohiba it’s more than likely that the tobacco came from somewhere else (like Mexico or Dominican) and only the wrapper is of Cuban origin.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^True but here in S Florida there are many Cubans that go back and forth visiting family and they often bring back cigars and rum to make a little extra money.
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    Rocky Patel's are good throughout their line. I've become a fan of Alec Bradley lately as well.
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    Give the Arturo Fuente Hemingway line a smoke. Short story is a nice, pleasant experience, and by your third, you'll wish you had a roach clip.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    25, Correctomundo! Just had my friend come back from her trip to Cuba with my Cohibas. Wish she would go more often. Says she is allowed only a single box.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^one of my employees brings me a box or two twice a year when he visits his father in Cienfuegos
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion