tuscl

Dancer talked down a club I like

steeldog65
I swear, it's just shrinkage due the cold
Not a big deal , but I don't like it when people disparage a competitor or a competitive product. I was at a club a few months ago that I don't normally patronize and as I was talking to the dancer and trying to determine if I was going to take her to the Vip, she asked if I'd been to other clubs nearby. I mentioned my favorite and she immediately went into a long rant about how it sucked and they were mean and the customers were horrid and the dancers were ugly. Really made it hard for me to continue . I understand she's wanting me to come to her club especially if I'm a potential regular, but I just think that sort of sales hurts the sales person in general. What are you guys think?

18 comments

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    I agree, even if I don’t care for another dancer/ another club, I prefer to stay neutral and pretend to not know much.

I think most customers prefer postivity. The ones who don’t prefer drama, and they are the ones I don’t like to deal with as much.

On the flip side to that. I used to have a low value regular who said he didn’t like another club because it was “full of sharks”—and that’s when I started being interested in that club. And that’s where I ended up bouncing to.
  • _Constantine_
    6 years ago
    First rule of Strip Club is never take anything talked about serious at Strip Club
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I’ll occasionally encounter a sales person who trash talks the competition. It makes me immediately distrust them. It’s like work trucks that say things like “ the honest plumber”. I assume they are crooks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As spice mentioned, always best to keep it positive especially when trying to have a good time.

Along the lines of what Constantine posted, the longer I SC the less stripper comments/actions bother me - it's like living in Seattle and complaining about the rain.

Plus - custies probably complain about certain clubs all the time - dancers often have a different POV on what a good club is and their reasons for not liking a club beyond it being a sales-tactic.

In this bizarro hobby, all parties involved learn to let a certain amount of shit going in one ear and out the other - one can't take the strip-club atmosphere too-literally.
  • etsutwigg222
    6 years ago
    My experience, for what it is worth, is that anyone that has to downgrade the competition to sell their services/product doesn't have confidence in their quality. So I am on Red alert with them !!!
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    I love hearing their perspective on the other clubs. They might even know some backdoor shit about it that I don’t. (Heard this stuff countless times. Bullshit or not it entertains the hell out of me)
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    people always talk shit. most probably hate the club they work at too. i like the gossip lol
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    In retrospect, I should have realized my old favorite club had gone downhill when they began openly dissing one of its competitors. I probably put up with it because I liked their strippers but the strippers themselves never dissed them, it was the DJ and the nondancer staff. One of the more notorious extras dancers actually liked the competitor club, she just crossed one too many lines.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "Plus - custies probably complain about certain clubs all the time"

Yep, just like that classless jerk on here who's always dissing BBD, amirite?
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    This happens a lot, and it does often reflect badly on the stripper. Usually I just change the subject.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    whats wrong with dissing something you don't like?
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    If you care what my reaction is to what you say. She is trying to sell me something and to attack the other club without knowing my thoughts on it could possibly be risky. The business term is calling someone's baby ugly. If I am trying to sell you a car and I don't know much about you and I tell you car X is a piece of crap and car X is one the cars you're considering, you may choose not to work with me
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    True. Though. I think you might be expecting too much or taking what she says too seriously. It's just a nudie bar. Try changing the subject.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    You're comparing stripper customer-service to what you'd expect from AutoNation - one will often come up short when walking into a strip club with civilian-expectations
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    you can use it as a convo starter and discuss it. its better than being butt hurt by it
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One can't expect the same customer service as at Holiday Inn vs at a titty-bar with a girl that will get naked for you and.potentially suck your dick
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    "What are you guys think?"

I think you are way too sensitive to the venting of a half-naked girl. Maybe she had a bad experience there. So what? If you don't have an equity interest in the other club, like Papi's interests in Baby Dolls in Dallas, why do you care so much?

Just nod your head, smile and then try to shut her up by keeping her mouth otherwise occupied.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I've had this happen. It's not a good sales strategy, but it's pretty low on the list of stripper behaviors I don't enjoy. I also just change the subject.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion