tuscl

According to........

skibum609
Massachusetts
.............Wikipedia Massachusetts has both the highest percentage of residents with a college degree and the highest percentage of residents with an advanced degree. Where does your state rank? No its not tough being the smartest of all Americans.

28 comments

• RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Mass is also sixth bluest state in the country. Funny how that works...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Do you have a link that ranks the states?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume they're also high on ski bums
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Massachusetts residents just have a tough time driving whores across bridges.
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    Those damned bridges never slowed me down.
    Ski bum: After 50 years of work in the field of education, I feel very comfortable stating that there is little correlation between education and intelligence. I know some very smart people who are poorly educated and some highly educated people who ain’t too bright.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Excellent point made by the principal.

BTW that’s the best photo of your ATF yet
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Wicked Smaht
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    Where does Mass rank in terms of shady lawyers?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Overall I still say that education is good. But I think we have to start looking at it in different ways.

Short comings with traditional colleges?
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

SJG

Mason
    https://www.allmusic.com/album/harbour-m…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fyeJk5W…
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One could only assume they're near the top in terms of arrogance

;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ "... wearing my Harvard tie - like sure he went to Harvard ..."
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Also one of the highest state debt per capita so how's that working out for all them smart folk. How you like them apples lol
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Urban states, it is harder for them to make the books balance.

SJG
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    ^^uausally more liberal and thus a ton of handouts but generally agree with that. However with how 'smart' they are you'd think they'd figure out a way to balance a checkbook.... I just look at California. No way that state should be broke. Great weather, pretty, hot girls everywhere.... It's like a bar full of hot chicks that can't figure out how to turn a profit and regulate themselves out of one. Massachusetts I get. They have sports and quahogs lol.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Capitalism creates modern poverty. None of our social programs deal with that. Far too little money and benefit. Just intended to regulate the poor.

SJG
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Disagree because capitalism is typically restricted by puritan values so it's never pure market capitalism although that has its dangers too. Both sides of the spectrum are equally guilty in attempting to regulate the poor. That said, im not complaining as there are far worse places.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Protestantism was created to perpetuate capitalism. It drove peasants off of the land, usually by starvation, and still at gun point. And it came to be on account of legal changes which allowed common lands to be fenced off and allowed financiers to take over from medieval craftsmen.

Each new wave of it leaves more people shut out. It is technological innovation being driven in the service of apocalypse.

New book, just learned of this today:
    https://kpfa.org/episode/against-the-gra…

SJG
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    If all y'all lived in a smaht state, you'd have figured out there are a lot of upper level colleges here and a lot of out of state students come here and end up staying. Harvard; M.I.T; Tufts; Boston College; Brandeis; Amherst; Wellesley; Smith; Mount Holyoke; Boston University; Williams et al...To live; to troll; to die.....
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate

two_bits - parody troll account
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "If all y'all lived in a smaht state, you'd have figured out there are a lot of upper level colleges here and a lot of out of state students come here and end up staying. Harvard; M.I.T; Tufts; Boston College; Brandeis; Amherst; Wellesley; Smith; Mount Holyoke; Boston University; Williams et al...To live; to troll; to die....."

Totally true of MA

SJG
  • motownkid
    6 years ago
    Really? How smart are you living in a state that taxes the fuck out of you. Is in miserable disrepair most of the year due to the horrible weather. Did I mention all the women are pale as fuck. Yeah they are real intelligent up there...
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Didn't see your top-144 law school in that list, @SkiBirther. You might as well live in West Virginia.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    And many of them are driving cabs...............I recall reading an article years ago Mass. is one of the states that having a higher level of education seems to mean less than other state.

Unless I am mistaken there has also been a fair amount of people leaving the state in the last decade for NH, Vermont, and R.I.

And since you are the state the gave us John Kerry ( who with his new book tour seems to be much like VD the gift that keeps on giving when you don't want it) I'm not sure education equates to common sense.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    BA and advanced degrees in what? You might not be that smart if you go into debt to get a college degree and cant find a job. Even a degree in law, sure youre book smart to get into law school and pass the bar exam, but is your quality of life any better then the guy that makes 150K a year without a college degree.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Dougster wrote: "They got a whole mess of libturd yankee queers like dumdumembr up thar."
    ---------------------

Well, @Dougster, Mass is better than Texas any day. 'Merica's top state for corruption and socially retarted rednecks, trailer trash, hate groups, and the KKK. Loved only by the Mexican drug cartels. What a fucking cesspool.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Lol Random. When I try to explain to people why I feel progressives are total cunts... I use you as an example. I come from the projects and went to a Law School I could pay for myself. The only number I care about is my net taxable income. Its pretty good thanks. Motown thanks for proving to me you're an idiot. Despite its reputation Massachusetts isn't even in the top ten in taxes. Don't get me wrong, I hate paying taxes that go to support your ilk, but there are other states that are worse and don't have the great sports teams we do. When the rainmaker at the firm I was at died, my income crashed and at age 56 I had to go look for a job. Worst experience of my life, but thanks to my education, a laptop and a cell phone, I decided to open up my own office and see how it worked out. My education allows me to be self-employed, which means working on a weekend and taking weekdays off to ski and hike with no crowds. Taking on enough clients to make good money for myself and no one else and running my own schedule. water skiing in North Carolina this month; hiking in the Smokies in October; Vegas in December and we've been to Vegas; Idaho; Colorado and Florida this year already. No one needs an education though, just a work ethic. All my friends are blue collar and earn similar amounts driving trucks and working as specialty mechanics.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I'm sure Michelle Obama and all the other black people took your spot at Harvard Law, @SkiBirther. Affirmative action is such a bitch.

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    The idea that our society should be some kind of competition to see who gets the rewards is just completely wrong. Zillions of people in middle age are forever shut out of the jobs market.

SJG

Carmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4ImMQW…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion