tuscl

RE:addiction issues - just one question 4 society's dumbass

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
So.yall know the heat demi lovato has been receiving for having been found unconscious due to drug addiction ...while I have never been remotely considered as a person who used drugs/alcohol occasionally let alone be someone who.is addicted ..

My sole question is : why does society make people feel as if they need to apologize for their mistakes , especially if such mistakes did.not harm anyone else in the process but the person in question themselves?

Like.you don't have shit to apologize to anyone but yourself...society over here trying to capitalize and take advantage of a person's miskatws by making them feel.guilty and thinking that they have people to apologize to other than themselves, when no one but the person himself /herself was harmed in the process..lmao.u got me fucked up.

13 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    I wish you would overdose.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    lol love it when the first response nails it. /thread
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    In my perfect country, all drugs except for antibiotics would legal and allowed over the counter.

Most pharmacists are better at knowing drug combinations than doctors anyways.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    "just one question 4 society's dumbass"

Which one of us is society's dumbass? Based on my time spent on TUSCL, I would say that our society actually has several dumbasses.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I don’t think Demi Lovato should receive heat for her addiction issues. She was sober for several years before relapsing. I’m sure she’s in pain due to her relapse, and she doesn’t need others adding to her pain.

We’ve been fighting a losing battle in the war on drugs and I think criminalization of drug addicts isn’t appropriate. I think there should be a move to legalize more drugs. However, in reality, I highly doubt that will ever happen.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Yes, all drugs should be legal. That is of course proven by the fact that the Netherlands, the first country to legalize drugs, has been constantly, albeit slowly, reversing course. Demi Lovato is getting shit for her addiction issues because she is a pompous twit who decided to live her life in the public eye and to make money off that. Once you're all in, as she was, you take the good with the bad. While Americans like to idolize those who in essence are not worth it, they also revel and seeing them fall. Don't worry Demi. Have a few more drug overdoses, hit bottom and then you will once again be revered by the popuyace when you make your "comeback". See Eldrick Woods.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    You folks for drug legalization must be high.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    My sole question is : why does society make people feel as if they need to apologize for their mistakes , especially if such mistakes did.not harm anyone else in the process but the person in question themselves?

Wonder how many people she mislead when she told them she was clean? Wonder how the person who found her felt knowing she never communicated with him? The ambulance crew? The medical staff at facility treating her ( that could have been working on someone that didn't OD and also needed treatment.
    The tax payers that support the cities public service workers to respond to her emergency.

Nobody really knows or understands except the people around her and those that responded if her mistake only impacted her or not.

The attitude of not apologizing for shit is a social media bullshit fantasy that I have referenced on here before....I'm surprised you didn't use a meme of some sort in your post.

Substance abuse is a condition and needs to be treated as such but don't ever think when a person relapses the harm is only limited to the person who falls back.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Expanding on that thought what about the people she was in business with, that put up the money to promote her, thinking she was clean and sober, that she lost money for, should they accept their losses just because she didn’t keep her commitments, the list goes on and on. She fucked over a lot of people with her selfish behavior.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Addiction is complicated. Nobody wants to be an addict, but you don't become one without contributing to it. In any event, instead of judging I try to be thankful that I am not in their position though I could easily see myself there.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Yes I get that too but it is not victimless, especially in Demi Lovato’s case there are many others involved.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "You folks for drug legalization must be high."

Alcohol is one of the most intoxicating "drugs" out there, is one of the few drugs with a withdrawal that a person can die from, yet it is legal and regulated.

History tells us that Prohibition does not work. All it does is make drug use more dangerous.

In European countries that recently (in the last decade or two) decriminalized or legalized drugs, the OD rate dropped substantially, as did the HIV and Hep C infection rate. So did crime.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ go smoke another blunt
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion