tuscl

Washington, DC

felipe609
New Jersey
I am going to be passing through Washington, D.C., for work next month. I am curious if anybody has any suggestions for places that would be fun to go to on a weekday evening. (I will have a car, although I might prefer to use Uber instead.)

I have, of course, looked at some reviews. From what I can tell, although there are clubs in DC, it seems to be a bit of a waste land in terms of quality. For what it is worth, my preferences tend towards black or Latino bars that others might call dives. My preferences are usually for women who, while not fat, are not skinny either. The only place that seems like it might fit the bill is Ebony Inn. Does anybody have any suggestions?

7 comments

• K
    6 years ago
    I never enjoyed . The DC clubs so I skip them. It has been several years since I went clubbing in DC so my opinion may be out dated. I wait until I get back up to Burlington NJ.
  • groundball
    6 years ago
    Quality in DC is fine, the problem is the rules and regulations. Recommend clubs in Prince George's County (PG County) across the line into Maryland like EI, Showcase Theater if you don't want to go too far.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Stop in Baltimore instead. Seriously, DC clubs suck. Also, unless you are black yourself, you might not enjoy the vibe in the black clubs in DC as it is not always welcoming for white folk and you'll spend a lot of time watching your back.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are white custies that go to EI snd I know of white TUSCLers that have visited EI and had a good time - the biggest complaint I've heard about EI is that it's not in the best neighborhood - seems many regulars prefer the dayshift but EI has this weird schedule that dayshift and dayshift prices lasts till 10pm.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I've read of some reviews of The House in DC (black club) where 2way-contact dances can be had (perhaps one may need to be proactive about asking) - club is only open on nightshift AFAIK.

Club Super Fuego used to he very popular but it's currently not as good as it was a year+ ago (mostly Latinas and AAs AFAIK)
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    Go to Ebony Inn. Don't even think about any other place. It's not the best neighborhood, but the club is in a fairly commercial strip. I've seen customers of all types during the day. EI should provide everything you're looking for.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    6 years ago
    I agree with IHV. Unless you’re willing to drive for almost an hour or more to Baltimore, go to Ebony Inn. I’ve been there a couple of times without any problems.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion