tuscl

Getting a fake ID

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
So I am totally not cool with ID scans. One of the clubs I would like to hit up regularly scans but it's seemingly random. About half the time they do and half they don't. I hate driving there only to have to walk away.

I have been thinking about getting a fake ID made. Anyone ever done this before?

Looks like it is around $70-80 and there are whole sites that review vendors so unlikely to get scammed.

55 comments

• PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Also looks like a lot of the places that do it take western union or bitcoin.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’d walk if you do a fake ID it just encourages them, if enough of us refused to allow ID scans they’d stop the bullshit.
    I don’t mind showing ID as proof of age, but I will never allow my ID to be scanned, you leave yourself open for all kinds of problems, just keep walking when they try this, most of the time they’ll back down and let you in anyway.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Unfortunately it has been working the other way for me. At first they would occasionally let me slide and over time the success rate has dropped. It seems most of the other clubs in the area are all starting to do it, I'm guessing there has been some push by the local PD.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Than I’ll get ahold of one of my strippers and go to a regular nightclub with her, I am not going to scan my ID, there are many other places I can spend money.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Back in the 80s and 90s it seemed fairly easy - then post 9/11 became harder to do - w/ the threat of terrorism, plus the current zero-tolerance illegal immigration it makes it harder and I wonder what the penalties would be if caught w/ one as opposed to 20 years ago (traditionally a lot of illegal immigrants got fake IDs so they can get a drivers license or be able to work)
  • Great idea. Also, for an easy self esteem boost, have your age listed as 10-15 years older than you actually are. Then when they check your ID, people will say, "Dude, you look 10-15 years younger than your age!"
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    All the clubs in my area are scanning. What is that that bothers everyone?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Oh great one ball no playa is trolling me again, such a boring life you must have, GTFO go hang out with Nicole or something.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Only one place here consistently scans. My second to last visit I started to walk and a manager happened to be outside saw it and asked me why I was leaving. When I told him he said, that's stupid just show him (pointing to the door guy who just refused entry on that basis) and we're good. Next visit, same doofus outside again refused entry and I walked. This time no manger to catch it. Haven't been back since. They have new management now so I may try once more, but I ain't in no rush.

What I don't like about the scanning is the associated data basing and eventual data leakage. I don't specifically have an issue with anyone knowing I was at a strip club, but I also don't like the idea of seeing it in some database online when the jackasses who run the club eventually allow some other jackass to obtain that info. At the end of the day, I'd rather go to another club than get scanned.

As far as using the fake ID goes, I have no direct experience. I'd think the risk isn't worth it though. Depending on the cop, it could be a real hassle. I'd think most of the time simply walking away would be good enough and even if they called the cops, they'd be unlikely to run your plates and track you down. If they did, and found a grown man using a fake ID, it may look suspicious as fuck and get you on some kind of watch list.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    What's the problem? Are you thinking of running for public office?
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    If I was a strip club staff member I’d be data mining the heck out of customers. And passing that info along to dancers in exchange for a higher tip.

That would be interesting if that comes out as a scandal in a few years time.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Bingo we have a winner !
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Just avoid clubs that scan IDs, not worth the felony charge of presenting a fraudulent state ID.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I've published reviews for four different clubs under the new peer review system @tx.

Cleared with @Founder too.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I remember there was also a thread like this a couple weeks ago. I wonder if ID scanning is a growing trend.

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    I have never heard of a club around Detroit that scans IDs. I would not want a strip club to have my personal information in a data base.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Just throwing this out as a theory: Isn't it possible that scanning IDs makes the place safer for most of the rest of us who don't deal drugs and have "real" jobs?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Sure thing @Random how about handing your checkbook over to some roidhead, with a stripper GF, or some drug addicted door girl, along with your SS number and home address so they can get a bunch of credit cards and cause you 2 years of problems, from trying to get your identity straightened out.
    That’s safer for who ?
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    You may be right -- but I've never had a single problem associated with scanning drivers license.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean that it hasn’t happened.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Yes, I gather that. Has there been a single instance in the history of TUSCL where a scanned drivers license led to grief in one way or another?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Please this is a minuscule sample, how many posters are there really there’s Juice, and maybe a dozen others. So the sample size is what 50 to one hundred, c’mon man man.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ^^PM me if you're interested. Or PM Founder.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Most, but not all, of the clubs around here ID scan for nightshift... luckily, I rarely SC nightshifts. I haven't tried it, but a number of guys have had luck just slipping the bouncer a $10 not to be scanned, at the smaller clubs; doesn't work at the bigger clubs. No ID scans at any of the clubs I go to on dayshift...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... but I've never had a single problem associated with scanning drivers license ..."

I haven't gotten into a car-accident in years - should I not bother wearing my seat-belt?
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ^^ look, I'm throwing the idea out for debate. Maybe you're right.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The less one's personal info is out on the public domain, the better; especially in this day and age.

Strip-clubs would be near the bottom of institutions I would trust w/ my personal info and its safeguarding.

I doubt I would not visit a SC b/c they swipe my DL; but it does bother me - and if it's not a SC that really piques my PL-interest I may forgo visiting that SC if there are other good non-scanning options around..
  • loper
    6 years ago
    Clubs will tell you it's for insurance purposes, but I have walked or threatened to walk (and consequently let in) more times than not. Too much trust to put in what is typically a shady business.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    Can you use a different picture ID that can’t be scanned, like maybe passport? (Idk if the scanners only recognize drivers licenses??)

I understand you don’t want your info captured. They do the scans to avoid chargebacks. They can say they verified your id and physically scanned it, so if you claim that someone else used your credit card they have a more solid argument that you were actually there.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I don't know why a passport couldn't be scanned. I would never hand over my passport to a strip club employee.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @PinkSugarDoll. There is no reason to ID scan everybody if a custy is using a CC they can have the transaction verified quickly before returning the CC to the custy, it usually takes less than 30 seconds, and if I remember correctly there was a lawsuit by Visa, where the I D info needed to be destroyed as soon as the transaction was completed. Just say no to ID scanning
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    It isn't just strip clubs. Due to alcohol laws, a lot of decent bars in my town require a "membership" to enter. Last week I was told by one they are now scanning driver's licenses to identify members.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Scanning/photocopying ID's and credit cards and leaving that shit around unencrypted is against the policy of every single major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, etc) as part of the PCI Data Security Standards. Most merchant service agreements contain verbiage allowing the vendor to be liable for any lawsuits for breach of the standards. But really, that's a whole different issue. What I think we're talking about is clubs that scan at the door.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    Passport doesn't have your address, less info than a drivers license....
    easy to buy fake id's on the .onion sites (tor/darknet) I hear the chinese make impeccable ones.
    Never had my ID scanned at any strip club in Cleveland
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Just sent $120 (my state is more expensive to fake) to China through western union. Will let you guys know in a few weeks how it turns out.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Ok got the fake ID a while back and it looks perfect. I wish I had done a better job on the picture but that's my fault. I tested it today and it scanned fine at a club.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    What name did you use? I hope it wasn't Ron Mexico.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    Better be cautious. In many jurisdictions simply possessing an ID not produced by an appropriate government body is a felony. ie $5k and/or 5 years.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i use Ron Mexico all the time.

seriously... in vegas my drivers license has been scanned hundreds of times. and when i re-enter the land of the brave. hundreds of time. the records are there.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    so I guess my running for president is out out.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    besides... I'm spastic.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    The risk calculation is interesting here, especially if Justin is right about simple possession potentially being a felony. Forget prison, even a few weeks in jail can be life-changing; that's a pretty enormous risk.

I avoid clubs that do ID scans as best I can, but sometimes there's no choice -- I think I've gotten my ID scanned only twice or so in the past 4 years. But I'm single, so am not vulnerable to blackmail, although ID theft is possible and can be an enormous headache. Not nearly enough to risk a felony; not even remotely in the ballpark. I dunno if my calculus would change if I were married
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    There's one club in my area that does this, and it's not a great club. So, I don't go there. I don't trust strip clubs with my personal data.

I'd look at the penalties for possessing a fake ID. It was one thing when it was mostly about buying booze and driving a car. It's a little more serious these days.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I have given the penalty some thought. But they generally aren't ever going to arrest you, just confiscate the ID. No one is ever skeptical of an ID from a middle aged white guy anyway.

I will admit when I handed the ID over today I was incredibly nervous.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I guess I'm just a dummy. I go to those scan ID clubs all day. So far, nothing. Besides a bunch of calls from those robo calling scam fuckers. But everyone I know gets those also, so I doubt it's from that.

I guess I'll let you guys know if some questionable shit ever happens to me.

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I can appreciate why some would not like having their id scanned.

How I feel about it though is I look to the reason. If it is for perhaps insurance reasons, getting lower rates, maybe because people feel that it makes the clubs safer, then I personally do not object to it.

If it is actually a membership club, even if they do not tell you this, then that can make for a much better more free flowing club. Again, if so, I support it.

Though again I do respect those who object to it. I am more interested though in understanding why they are doing the scans.

Now about phone calls, are they asking for phone numbers? Would something like Burner Phone solve the problem, one phone number for that kind of stuff? Don't know much about it.

SJG

Mr. Cab Driver
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8V-Fkt…
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @sjg who gives a shit how you feel about it troll!
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @sjg who gives a shit how you feel about it troll!
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Countryman, you try to kill yourself using my privacy wall. I have no doubt that when you are not trolling me that you are sucking on the muzzle of a 12 gauge loaded with double ott.

You get off on the idea of your own oblivion.

If you are going to do it, I just ask that you do so outdoors somewhere so that no one else could get hurt and so that no one will have to clean up the bits of your brain and skull.

SJG
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    SJG - Lay off countryman he seems like a decent guy. Everyone hates you here. As long as you keep coming back to this site you are going to have to listen to how much you suck and how everyone hates you. Why do you keep logging in? Grow some self respect.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Paul Drake, are you wanting to fuck with my privacy wall too? Are are you just a solo suicidal. I don't care.

Here let me send you something to satiate your immediate needs:
    http://malcoproducts.com/images/products…

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    .... "double ott" ...
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Since I got some PMs I'll post some info here. If you want your own novelty license search for "fake id vendors" on google and there is a site with that name that lists vendors and has reviews so you can see they aren't going to take your money for nothing. You'll have to check a bunch of the vendors to find one that does the state you want. Prices vary per state per level of security.

You send cash through western union to china.

Make sure you put good effort into getting the picture right. I used photoshop to change the color of the background.

Make sure you get all of the dates right. If the issued and expiry dates don't make sense it will flag as a fake when scanned.
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    When I first started getting ask for ID to be scanned into stripclub databases, I looked into the possibility of a fake just for that purpose. After some research, I felt the risk was definitely not worth the benefit. Here are the laws in 3 of the states I frequent.

Illinois:
    https://www2.illinois.gov/ilcc/All%20doc…

Florida:
    https://www.pumphreylawfirm.com/criminal…

Nevada:
    https://www.draskovich.com/blog/2017/sep…

Now if you are lucky enough to get Officer McFriendly and he just takes the fake, great! However, if he isn't interested in throwing away an easy felony arrest stat, it could be life changing. Google it. There are law firms in these states advertising to defend these arrests, so the arrests must be occurring. Don't mean to scold, just a friendly heads up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion