tuscl

Legal "indoor Prostitution" in RI until 2009

Studme53
Pennsylvania
Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:02 PM
It was great - me and a few buddies from NJ would make a couple trips a year to RI, eat at a good Italian restaurant then hit the strip clubs. They were the best. ITC action was everywhere and cheap. Ended in 2009 with a change in the law. Went once since and it was a real letdown

5 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Doesn't it suck when a good thing gets fucked up.

"Vinnie and me went to this Italian joint, Vinnie got the rigatoni and meatballs and I got the veal. Later we both had our meatballs polished."
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It was great and not far yet you only made 2 trips a year? How was the prices?
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Prostitution was never legal in Rhode Island. Rhode Island's original prostitution law was so badly written cases kept getting thrown out of court. That created a huge streetwalker problem. The legislators addressed it quickly with a new law,even more poorly written that made only street walking illegal. Boston is no fun because of the ethnic background. Providence is fun because of the ethnic background so no one cared. That is until disgusting places like cheaters had lines of ppl waiting for their $100 cbj. The cost was no cheaper than today. The only difference today is that there are more private, private rooms and the cost has gone up slightly, due to lack of customers. I admit I am not an expert on Providence clubs and that the last time I was there was more than 8 hours ago, but the good old days are never as good as anyone remembers. I can actually recall Providence when there were zero private rooms and $1 contact dances at your seat were all the rage. Yes, the dancers were hotter then, because they were dancers, not prostitutes. For many years if you wanted a challenging game of pool you could play at Fantasies.
  • JimOsterberg
    6 years ago
    That is not entirely true. In fact it is not true. Legal prostitution was decriminalized. Indeed, it wasn't as good as it could have been. If we had full blown legalization like in the sanctioned red light districts in Europe, that would have been something else. And indeed, the quality at places like Cheaters was so gross and so pricey, that it was a joke to what you could get in just about any major U.S. city from once Craigslist and then BackPage (now neither for the same nannystate forces that shut it down in RI). In lil' Rhody it may not have been as good as we romanticize a decade later, but it was better than it is now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-rhode…
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    I would think there would be no reason to drive out of NJ after doing a little research on the clubs here. Its kind of like taking a plane to the DominicanRepublic just to have sex when you can drive to Paterson Clubs instead. Was it the quality of girls or the ambience of the clubs that made the trip worthwhile?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion